• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurants that pleasantly surprised you

Unpopular Opinion: CRT. We were going no matter what, but DH and I had majorly dialed down any hopes for a nice meal given how people always say that you go there for ambiance and princesses, not a good meal. We loved it. Tender meat, finely cooked veggies, a nice champagne for me, a fine beer for DH, smoothies for the kids. All that before I had the chocolate dessert that was the best chocolate anything I had the entire trip. It's not for everyone, I guess, but we enjoyed.
We actually have a breakfast reservation for CRT! We just want to eat inside the castle!

Garden Grill! Booked it for the characters but omg the food was actually amazing. I was shocked at the quality. Also, we got one "platter" for just my boyfriend and I but when we asked for a second one it was no problem! (The waiter looked a bit surprised but my bf is a bodybuilder and eats a lot of food lol). I was also celebrating my birthday and the signed card was a very nice touch.

Tried Whispering Canyon for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was great - the skillets were awesome, and my steak was the best I've had from a Disney restaurant. We'll definitely do it again.
Also tried Mama Melrose's for the first time. The food was good, but the service left something to be desired. Of course everyone's entitled to an off day every now and then - we'll try it again.

I don’t know about surprise but we have tried restaurants that became favorites we have to eat at when we visit every few years. I have family members with food allergies and they have been so great.

Parks - Crystal Palace breakfast,Tony’s, BOG, Coral Reef, Chefs de France,
Tutto Italia, Le Cellier, Hollywood Brown Derby, 50’s Prime Time Cafe,
Tusker House breakfast, and Rainforest Cafe Animal Kingdom. Plus Liberty Tree Tavern lunch (hope they bring the a la carte back).

Resorts - Whispering Canyon Cafe breakfast, Trail’s End Buffet breakfast,
Cape May breakfast, and Boma breakfast and dinner.

I also hope they will bring back the alacart options. Pork Belly, lettuce and tomato sandwich was really good and the Toffee Cake -soooo good!

Tusker House breakfast with the characters is great!

I also hope they will bring back the alacart options. Pork Belly, lettuce and tomato sandwich was really good and the Toffee Cake -soooo good!

Tusker House breakfast with the characters is great!
Haven't been to Tusker House sine I was 9 lol. Definitely a place I would like to try again now as an adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter