• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rider Swap at Rope Drops

DWeav

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had any first hand account of showing up for a height restricted ride (with a baby) and have them turn you down because of how short the lines are with it being so early? Going with my wife, 6 year old daughter and baby and am trying to hammer down a gameplan.

Has anyone had any first hand account of showing up for a height restricted ride (with a baby) and have them turn you down because of how short the lines are with it being so early? Going with my wife, 6 year old daughter and baby and am trying to hammer down a gameplan.

We never had any problem regardless of the line. We also didn't have to use the swap right away either. We had until the end of the month to use it but from what I hear they changed that to same day. The SWAP is the best to eliminate melt downs. Remember to only get a couple of FP for rides that the little ones can't go on to maximize your fastpasses. For example for Big Thunder and Space Mountain get 2 FP for Big Thunder and then 2 for Space Mountain for the other two people not on Big Thunder. Get SWAPS for both and everyone can ride and only use 1 FP each. It worked really well with our 2 year old GS.

Yes, I have seen cases of them saying no to Rider Swap passes when the StandBy line is super short.
Their opinion in that case is there is no reason to give out a swap when you can get back in line with little to no wait

Generally, this has not been an issue for us. We have used rider swap at rope drop and even after PPO breakfasts where we are ahead of the rope drop crowd. There are only a couple of times in my memory where the cast member has said it's not needed, and after I gently reminded them that there WOULD be a need once our first group made it through he line, they have given us the swap pass.

I was able to get a rider switch pass when rope dropping Big Thunder Mountain yesterday, with no problems.

Generally, this has not been an issue for us. We have used rider swap at rope drop and even after PPO breakfasts where we are ahead of the rope drop crowd. There are only a couple of times in my memory where the cast member has said it's not needed, and after I gently reminded them that there WOULD be a need once our first group made it through he line, they have given us the swap pass.
This was my thought too. It doesn't take long for popular rides' lines to fill up. We plan to use rider swap at rope drop so I'm happy to hear this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter