***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

Note to self: if visiting in September, book a resort with an indoor, accessible lobby. We experienced Charley, and staying at Jambo made all the difference.

Lobby is full here at AKL with activities. People in the gift shop. Boma starting lunch and dinner soon (same price but half off). The Mara going strong. All the cast members are great and the guests seems to be in a positive vibe. And even with the curfew everything is staying open (I guess it's a driving curfew). Kids are in the hallway doing handstands and singing I Just Can't Wait to Be King.

This has got to easily be one of the best places in Orlando to spend a hurricane.

Lobby is full here at AKL with activities. People in the gift shop. Boma starting lunch and dinner soon (same price but half off). The Mara going strong. All the cast members are great and the guests seems to be in a positive vibe. And even with the curfew everything is staying open (I guess it's a driving curfew). Kids are in the hallway doing handstands and singing I Just Can't Wait to Be King.

This has got to easily be one of the best places in Orlando to spend a hurricane.

Have you guys managed to get over to Kidani at all? I know some people mentioned that Disney is still allowing travel between both until curfew hits.

I have no dogs with me, but I've dealt with two dogs indoors during an ice/snow storm. I used doggie p pads (or people underpads) in the bathroom on a tile floor. No damage to the floors if one is diligent about replacing the pads as needed.

Our dog Jeter (a Frenchie) was trained by the breeder to use a litter box , then we transitioned him to those pads but now that he goes outside he would not go on a pad. We tried last year after a two foot snow storm and he refused.

Our dog Jeter (a Frenchie) was trained by the breeder to use a litter box , then we transitioned him to those pads but now that he goes outside he would not go on a pad. We tried last year after a two foot snow storm and he refused.

Mine is the same way. Most dogs won't use a pad if they are trained to go outdoors. It sure would be nice to have pads as an option though.

Ventured over to Animation Hall here at AoA a bit ago to peruse the gift shop and work out some kinks on our extended reservation. It wasn't showing on MDE, but they got us linked and we're good to go now. Our extension was just on a different reservation number, but they assured us we will stay in the same room. It's linked and showing up now. Saw a pretty big crowd in the food court, shop, and lobby, probably because it was prime lunch time. CMs were leading a dance party type deal in the lobby for kids.

I Have a Shepherd mix and I would still need to take him out. There is no way he would go inside of a building.
The other day on Facebook, I saw where someone made a doggy potty to put in their garage during the storm. It was a plastic kiddie pool with sod in it. That's brilliant!!!! That would even work up north in the winter for dogs who don't like snow. So simple, easy & cheap!!

Following along as DS24 & his GF made a hard decision and cancelled their trip this week. They were to arrive yesterday, with lots of disappointement they changed their plans. My question is, is all food OOP, despite having the DP?

I hope you all stay safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter