***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

I'm sorry for this possibly stupid question -- how are all the waterways in Disney looking? (water around BC/YC, Seven Seas and Bay Lake)?

Hmm I must have slept through the worst of it because when I fell asleep around midnight it still just seemed like a really bad storm outside.

AKL is up and open for business. The Mara walkway is closed but you can take the cast member way to get there which is pretty cool. Goofy in the lobby right now.

Glad that there's not too much damage to the parks. I'm praying Pandora is okay!

It sounded rough at the Yacht Club until about 4am but apart from bits of tree in the pool and a few broken branches we can't see much other damage.

BCV - We are unable to leave the building until 6 pm tonight. Can't see much from our room, many branches down and much standing water. We stocked up on food and water the last couple of days. Didn't lose power but AC is not working. Still very windy but no rain.

Yesterday at the main building they had plenty of things todo and many character interactions.

We will sit tight and binge watch TV on the Firestick.

All Star Movies has branches down here and there and lots of little plant debris. Disney is still asking that everyone stay in their room. No services open. We have power and AC. Disney did a great job yesterday: pool open and folks swimming in the rain. Limited food, but open till 7:30 pm at the dining hall. Characters and movies scattered about the public areas. Glad we came.

*I'm quoting my post from another thread*

We went to bed about 1am and slept fine through the winds. I got up a few times throughout the night to go to the bathroom but not because the noise woke me up. Power stayed on.

All-Star Sports Touchdown Building #10 room faces towards road

This is all I can see at this time as still staying in room at this time:

View attachment 268744

Tree below is being held up by the trees behind it but appears to be broken (right half of picture)
View attachment 268746

Wonder if I'm safe to proceed with starting my trip the 17th.

Our trip is from Colorado - flying in on sept 18th, staying at AKL. After reading this thread, we figure as long as we can fly in - we are going!
We are keeping a close watch on Jose - who is now going in a circle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter