Rip Ride Rocket - any smoother than the Hulk?

KristinU

DIS Veteran
Hi guys, I have yet to try the top ride rocket and I'm wondering if it is angry smoother than the hulk. The drops and loops don't scare me, but I definitely prefer not being jumbled around like the hulk. If it is smooth like rock n Roller I'm all for it. Any comparisons?

Rode the Hulk today and RRR last night. Sorry, but Hulk is smoother than RRR.
Funny, because i couldn't disagree more!
the Hulk made me feel like my brain had been scrambled (this coming form someone who can ride DC over and over again, back to back) and this was last August, literally a week or 2 after it came back from the year long refurb.
RRR has a lot more brakes, but i feel like it's smoother than Hulk

Funny, because i couldn't disagree more!
the Hulk made me feel like my brain had been scrambled (this coming form someone who can ride DC over and over again, back to back) and this was last August, literally a week or 2 after it came back from the year long refurb.
RRR has a lot more brakes, but i feel like it's smoother than Hulk
It all depends on your car. Some are smooth and some are not on RRR.

LOL! My joke is they should rename it "Rip Ride Whiplash" or "Rip Ride Brakerun". For me, the ride is one continuous brake run interrupted by a hill here and there. And the most uncomfortable 13 seconds of your life with the vertical lift hill coupled with slightly inclined seats.

I like it well enough and will ride it if the wait is manageable, but of all the coasters at Universal it is way down the list for me. The concept is great. Maybe I'm getting old. (PS I love Hulk, though. LOL)

My daughter still has back pain after riding (albeit repeatedly) RRR 2 years ago. She was jerked in such a way that she sprained her mid-back muscles. She has no problem riding the Hulk (or any other coaster) but is concerned about trying RRR again.

This conversation makes me laugh. I too am getting old. Used to enjoy the coasters for fun or the thrill ... now i skip them for the most part for the sake of my body and/or head. I will still ride the Hulk once or twice per visit as well as duelling dragons. RRR .... no thanks.

I remembered the Hulk being a very smooth coaster before the refurb and the RRR being a little more bumpy but fun. But this past HHN I have to say that the Hulk (even though very fun) was a brain rattler. Did they change up the track when they put it back up? My thrill riding daughter's vision blacked out on it for a moment, which was funny and crazy at the same time. The brakes on the Hulk liked to have killed us.

I am going back in November and riding the new Hulk for the first time. I was really hoping it was a bit smoother now. I love the coaster, but my head does not! I get a headache from it every time from being banged around. I still ride it though. However, RRR, no more. I rode it a few times and I feel worse each time I ride it. I love most coasters, but I will not go on that one again as it is torturous, in my opinion, to my head.

Hi guys, I have yet to try the top ride rocket and I'm wondering if it is angry smoother than the hulk. The drops and loops don't scare me, but I definitely prefer not being jumbled around like the hulk. If it is smooth like rock n Roller I'm all for it. Any comparisons?

We rode The Hulk in September after the refurb and we found it much smoother. Love the front and the very back........definitely smoother, still stops quickly but if you know where you brace yourself for it.

RRR, we love it.......but for me, only the front 2 rows, preferably the front are the only rows I don't get bashed about.........and you get the best view from the front!

I rode the middle to back rows once, had to go back to hotel for a couple of hours.....I felt awful. So lesson learned......ask for the front and wait for it. It's such a good ride with a fantastic climb at the beginning.........

It kills me. I love me some thrill rides and the scarier the better but I can't ride this one. It always gives me a headache. Keep in mind I'm very tiny (5'01) but Hulk is a little smoother IMO

I just got back and my son and I rode both. I thought the RRR was much worse than Hulk. It really jerked my head and neck around. I thought the Hulk was not too bad.

I completely agree with @Princess Jes ! I will ride RRR repeatedly, but walk off Hulk with shaken baby syndrome every single time. Because the restraints on RRR are only on your lap, I can see where whiplash could be more of an issue, however, the shoulder restraints on Hulk are right up by your ears, I bash my head all over them every time & will only ride it if I'm willing to spend the rest of my day with a splitting headache.

Wow you guys weren't kidding. Went this past weekend and rode RRR twice in a row with no problem. Dragon Challenge was no problem as well. Then we went on The Hulk in the front row and experienced probably the most painful headache I have ever had in my life! A lot of other people getting off the ride seemed to be talking about how bumpy it was/having a headache/feeling dizzy.

Had to take a break and pop some Aleve after to keep going, but still had a blast.

Rode Hulk and RRR for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Immediately, I vowed to never ride RRR again because it killed my head. Hulk was jerky but nowhere near the same. My daughter rode next to me on RRR and was fine. Then she and my husband rode RRR again and both loved it! Maybe they sat in a different car, but I have never left a coaster with a splitting headache like that before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter