Rip Ride Rocket Reduction (in music)

cschaaf

DIS Veteran
According to Orlando Informer (and I’ve seen some TMs confirm) the playlist on RRR has been greatly reduced.

LOL at My Chemical Romance being listed as Classic Rock/Metal. It’s nowhere near either of those. Kids today ;)

Hearing that the secret playlist still works.

IMG_0699.jpeg

According to Orlando Informer (and I’ve seen some TMs confirm) the playlist on RRR has been greatly reduced.

LOL at My Chemical Romance being listed as Classic Rock/Metal. It’s nowhere near either of those. Kids today ;)

Hearing that the secret playlist still works.

View attachment 790144
I saw this too and I’m so incredibly bummed that I lost my Beastie Boys!

Love the new additions!

Saw them earlier and as an ABBA fan, I’m thrilled…..and who doesn’t love Shania Twain……much better than Beastie Boys who I loathe!!

Haha guess I’m well-rounded then. I love ABBA and Beastie Boys! So glad the secret menu remains at least.

Only rode once, but wouldn’t have made without I Will Survive blaring in my ears. It was perfect. That’s a shame. If I ride again, I’ll have to figure out how to get into the secret menu.

lol.....that`s the song I choose every time!!!! Nothing else works for me on that ride.

Rip Ride Rocket really requires razing to rubble rather than reducing royalty remuneration. Hopefully this is the first step to it being replaced.

Rip Ride Rocket really requires razing to rubble rather than reducing royalty remuneration. Hopefully this is the first step to it being replaced.
what could they really replace it with, the space is extremely limited. Make another launch coaster?

Odd thing about this announcement is, there have been multiple lists come out with different songs showing as the only songs. I don't ride it anymore so won't be checking for personal experience only noted it was odd the song list is inconsistent.

As for the secret list, when I did ride it I never, ever had time to activate it. So hard

Last time I rode it just for the secret songs. Was determined to ride with Kermit crooning "Rainbow Connection" ... which I did, and quickly learned my brain can't handle Rockit anymore. I swear I could feel it moving around in my skull afterwards!

Starting to get stories in my news feed now that RRR will be torn down - mostly based on the reduction of songs and no other facts at all

I hate to see attractions go away, but I've only ridden it once in 20 years, and don't have much desire to go again. I guess I might just to do it, but I think it's way too rough. DH doesn't ride it either, it's too rough. Even my coaster-loving DS does not like RRR, and never asks to ride it. DD still loves it.
I love the idea of it, a thrilling coaster with cool music blasting, but maybe they could re-do it , make it better.

I assumed most people’s negative feelings would be about the roughness, which I agree is a problem. But that is not actually related (in steel coasters anyway) to the track, or even necessarily the layout. It is generally a rolling stock issue, especially the wheels. So to address that one specific concern will not require a rebuild or even reprofile.

Changing the restraints, however, would alleviate the head-banging the roughness causes. Hard, unforgiving over the shoulder harness are for the most part a thing of the past. I wonder if they could replace those with something like what Cedar Point installed on their Maverick coaster (a ride similar to Velocicoaster) which has soft, pliable OTSRs.

I assumed most people’s negative feelings would be about the roughness, which I agree is a problem. But that is not actually related (in steel coasters anyway) to the track, or even necessarily the layout. It is generally a rolling stock issue, especially the wheels. So to address that one specific concern will not require a rebuild or even reprofile.

Changing the restraints, however, would alleviate the head-banging the roughness causes. Hard, unforgiving over the shoulder harness are for the most part a thing of the past. I wonder if they could replace those with something like what Cedar Point installed on their Maverick coaster (a ride similar to Velocicoaster) which has soft, pliable OTSRs.
From what I have read it needs a lot of maintenance and it has had several high profile issues - people getting stuck for hours on the lift.

I personally don't like the restraint system, and I don't feel its all the rough - but that seems to be the biggest complaint.

With the reduction in music and the terrible restraint system I probably wont bother doing it again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter