• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left TS lot at 3:30am. They weren’t running security in the lot and it was a walk on to the shuttle. There were lots of shuttles lined up so they seem ready.

Zero line at Harbor security around 3:35am.

Rain has definitely stopped.

There’s people here in the esplanade, but lines at the gate aren’t even back to the monorail track.

Slow trickle from Harbor, and very slow trickle from DTD.

M&F trams don’t seem to be running so I’d assume it’s still closed.

I assume that the crowd will grow faster the later it gets, but at this point there should be no issue getting into park by the time BGs open at 8am.

Thankfully, there doesn’t seem to be any reason to be here this early for RotR (at least today!) but we’re having a good time!

At this point there’s no need for them to open the gates super early, but I hope they do because I’d rather not stand here for 4 hours!

Have heard a few people explaining BG concept to strangers in line. Hmm. How many people showed up here not knowing about BGs?

My main question isn’t how early does one need to show up, but instead, what is the LATEST you can show up and still be in the park by open.

Also, after following the DHS thread for so long, I have to say it actually is kind of nerve racking being here so early and knowing that I could be one slow finger away from a super late BG, or no BG at all!

Lines are just getting back to monorail track, although they are pretty loose. Still a slow trickle of people.

At 4:15am, CM started turning on the ticket scanners and unlocking the gates. .there was a huddle of executives before this happened...not sure what's gonna happen next...also they started filling the brochure pockets....

Last edited:
Thanks so much for all the live updates. I’m about to wake up the kiddo and head over. Glad to hear it’s not a nightmare at this point (but also sounds like there are enough people there to make an effort).

Line are past monorail track but not to the middle of the esplanade. Assuming they open even reasonably early everyone here should easily be in park by BG open.

Wonder what the parking lots are like now. Still a steady trickle from Harbor, and I can’t tell for sure but it doesn’t seem like M&F trams are running.

I think we still will see big groups from the Disney hotel area. Security had only has ten go through at 4:15, but said 1000 had come through the East side.

For those who are in the esplanade now: How cold is it? Is it damp or have things pretty much dried up from the rain?
It’s still pretty cold/damp, ground is wet but no standing water. Monorail track is still dripping. It’s supposed to get colder as the morning goes on but right now it’s comfortable in a jacket

Moist and a little cold, but not freezing. Light coat or jacket is enough if you run warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter