Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of quite a few people who log into the same account on multiple phones and have no issues.

And at WDW sometimes somebody not at the park wlll log into the account too and help get BGs as well... NOTE : This doesn't mean you can get BG for somebody not at the park. The person at home is helping getting the BGs for the people who are at the park but may be on a better internet connecting and not fighting on wifi with everybody at the park.

We were here at 4. My daughter was only about 20 back at the kiosk. The other two in our group were refreshing phones. I got 92 on my phone. I was thrilled until I realized it was a backup. Daughter hadn't even reached the front of the line before they were nearly out of the backup passes, so it appears to be useless to try the kiosks.

They are on boarding group 22 now, so crossing my fingers we get on before midnight.

Holy macaroni. Well. That really stinks for everyone that couldn't connect in the first minute, but there is probably some serious champagne popping going on in a board room somewhere. THIS is what the execs wanted SWGE to be. A massive, over the top hit.
This is only the first day, we won't really know if it is a hit for a few weeks. If this is still an issue in 3-4 weeks where boarding groups end up full by 1 minute after park opening, they are going to have to figure something else out, as DL regulars won't put up with that long term.
WDW had to give a LOT of comp tickets in those first few days because they overestimated what they/the ride could handle. I think it is a really rational business decision to aim low in the first week or two. They will save themselves a lot of money on comps, and it's not like they will close the ride at 4 pm if all the boarding groups have been called. They still have the backup boarding groups, and then those people will be really happy.
Actually comps make them a lot of money, because the people who return now have to buy parking, will buy food, merchandise, etc.

Comparing first day here vs first day for ROTR at WDW, I’d say more people were here earlier. I got to the line earlier today (2:45 or so), there were easily 4x the number of people already in line compared to 4am at WDW opening. And it was raining until 3:30 or so here... At WDW they let us back to Galaxy’s Edge around 6:30am, here they rope dropped from the inner ropes around 7:45.

Also on a side note, at least in fantasyland there was no announcement at 8am to tell people to try and get a BG.

This a tiny bit off topic - but how is the opening affecting magic morning/ extra magic hours? I don’t know how it could be enforced with so many people coming in early for a BG.
My guess from being in the parks during the time that Radiator Springs opened and just general experience with planning for my family usually in early August, so at a fairly busy time: EMH will be very light for all other rides, since many of the EMH folks will forego rides but will hover around the Buzz & Splash Mountain FP machine’s. No insider knowledge here, just an educated guess... I figure we’ll find out tomorrow?

EDITED TO ADD: My guess is that BG won’t be available during EMH but that resort guests will have the advantage of getting more early rides done than usual but will have to try to get a BG at official opening time with everybody else who’s rope dropping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter