Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as joining a group on the app....for Android at least, seems that you don't want to be pulling up to refresh (so that the "join boarding group button" because enabled when you pull up)....you want to back out to the main ROTR page and click "my status" again and then click that "join boarding group" button.

Can anyone confirm?

When I was at WDW on wednesday, I waited till 7:00:00 exactly to pull up the BG page and the button was lit then. The guy beside me was puttig down refreshing my status and it never lit for him until he existed out of the page.

So in my experience refresh of the my status page does not seem to be a reliable strategy.

Aaahhh the stress is OVER (until tomorrow)! I was in the very front heading to ROTR just in case (a CM hinted at a slight possibility of them doing standby at first) and they weren’t doing standby so I just stood around until 8 and I GOT BG 73!!!! Then I went to MFSR and did the SR line and I was the only person on the ship and I was the pilot. I think they opened the SR line before the standby line.

Ya following along at home appreCiate all the posts! All my reliable Instagramer have gone weirdly silent....

Aaahhh the stress is OVER (until tomorrow)! I was in the very front heading to ROTR just in case (a CM hinted at a slight possibility of them doing standby at first) and they weren’t doing standby so I just stood around until 8 and I GOT BG 73!!!! Then I went to MFSR and did the SR line and I was the only person on the ship and I was the pilot. I think they opened the SR line before the standby line.
Could you reach both pilot controls? That would be sweet!

That banned website is saying they got group 105 despite waiting there since 12AM. Also, they are claiming its a randomized selection process (its not).

What time you get there has zero effect on BGs. At opening everybody has equal shot at BG wether they have been in the park 1 minute or 5 hours.

Getting there at 12am was not going to help at all.

I can confirm that the status page does not work for trying to get a BG. I tried multiple times to join a boarding group from that page, but the page wouldn’t update at all. I then went back to homepage and tried to do it from there, but still didn’t work. i had to completely shut the app and reopen for it to finally show.

Thankfully @Gaugersaurus phone worked and he got us group 19.

CMs were advising people beforehand to have everyone in your party try to get BGs from each phone and whichever phone went through the fastest would work. Essentially don’t rely on one phone, which in my case I’m glad we didn’t.

Still not boarding...that's a little scary. But R2-D2 is rolling around outside, so that's fun!

That is not a good sign but happens quite often at WDW. In fact, i'm not sure WDW has had a day where it hasn't broke down at least once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter