Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

Also, I'm guessing yesterday that low numbers were camping the queue waiting for it to open, so it likely got flooded when they called that first salvo.

I think it was more that they were trying to make up for the late opening and they started calling numbers quickly. A lot of people got frustrated and knew they would have a couple hours when it finally came up so they went back to hotels or over to F&W in DCA. Then everyone came back at once and ended up flooding the queue.

Those in line right now, are they making you stay in line til it comes back up?

We are at the front of the line. They said they will only let you back if you temporarily leave for bathroom or snacks. Otherwise they are not giving any general passes to return

Looks like a wild day. Good start, then 90 minutes down, then a slow start, and now seems to be firing ok and we're finally on to the backups at 3:20pm. 5 hours to go, make 'em count!

DHS has had a wild day as well, but dang if they aren't just going like gangbusters right now, maintaining over 18bg/hr over the last couple of hours.

Off topic a little, but I still hate that once you scan into the queue you are kept captive for however long it takes (excepting bathroom/food trips). I really don't see the benefit of doing that other than keeping the queue pre-loaded. It seems to me that if they did a visual check of the BG when you enter the queue, and then a final scan of the BG right before you go into pre-show, the logistics would work out. That way when the attraction goes down, folks could leave and it would be like they were never in the queue to begin with, their BG would be intact, and they'd be able to come back once the attraction goes back up.

Once you get into pre-show, if the system goes down anywhere between pre-show and end of attraction, you get a FP to return. I can understand why they don't want to issue FP to everyone in the queue. But the only reason I can think of for keeping folks in the queue is that once they've been scanned in, their BG is now flagged as "has been used" and can't be used again, and they don't want to give everyone FP and don't want people who have already ridden to try and ride twice...so why not wait to scan until they are about to enter pre-show? What am I missing here?

Looks like a wild day. Good start, then 90 minutes down, then a slow start, and now seems to be firing ok and we're finally on to the backups at 3:20pm. 5 hours to go, make 'em count!
Or we could crash the attraction instead :(

Off topic a little, but I still hate that once you scan into the queue you are kept captive for however long it takes (excepting bathroom/food trips). I really don't see the benefit of doing that other than keeping the queue pre-loaded. It seems to me that if they did a visual check of the BG when you enter the queue, and then a final scan of the BG right before you go into pre-show, the logistics would work out. That way when the attraction goes down, folks could leave and it would be like they were never in the queue to begin with, their BG would be intact, and they'd be able to come back once the attraction goes back up.

Once you get into pre-show, if the system goes down anywhere between pre-show and end of attraction, you get a FP to return. I can understand why they don't want to issue FP to everyone in the queue. But the only reason I can think of for keeping folks in the queue is that once they've been scanned in, their BG is now flagged as "has been used" and can't be used again, and they don't want to give everyone FP and don't want people who have already ridden to try and ride twice...so why not wait to scan until they are about to enter pre-show? What am I missing here?
Same. At WDW they had no problems honoring your BG even if the time had passed if the ride went down. They would scan your magic band and could still see if you had a BG. So I'm not sure if just the technology at WDW and DL are just different in that aspect. Not sure how it is now though.

The only reasoning I can think of is that when the ride does come back up everyone floods it. Either with earlier groups, or the current groups. So then it can set off the later boarding groups. The day I rode at WDW they had to give out compensation because they couldn't finish the guaranteed groups.

Yesterday, CM said they were at 1/2 capacity all day.

this makes sense to me now. When the pods started the ride, I noticed 2 pods were full (including the one I was on), and 2 pods were running empty.

this makes sense to me now. When the pods started the ride, I noticed 2 pods were full (including the one I was on), and 2 pods were running empty.
thats part of the ride. The 2 empty vehicles are coming from unload to take the space of the 2 vehicles that loaded in the room you loaded in. That’s part of the whole tell them it’s a prisoners transfer story line. That the narrator states.

thats part of the ride. The 2 empty vehicles are coming from unload to take the space of the 2 vehicles that loaded in the room you loaded in. That’s part of the whole tell them it’s a prisoners transfer story line. That the narrator states.

oh clearly I wasn’t paying attention, hahah. Thanks for the clarification.

OK, back at the hotel for some downtime. To recap for those who do not have time or patience to read every last post here, we rode yesterday with BG 26 and got on at 4:10PM - a bad day for the ride. Today we rode with BG 27 and got on at 9:05AM - a better day, especially early morning. So two rides. I and DS23 got to ride twice. DS28 got to ride once yesterday with us and DS25 got to ride once today with us.

I never got a real chance to rest yesterday because with the delayed start of ROTR at like 12:40PM, our boarding window was 12:55-2:55. Our BG got called to board just as we got back to our room for a nap/rest. So we had a short rest then back to the parks for a 1+ hour wait in the queue for our first ride. This impacted DS28 who really needed a longer rest yesterday as we had planned but never got. So he slept in this morning because of the daylight savings time change and short night last night - and skipped a second ride today with the other three of us. He is feeling more himself today.

No spoilers of course, but this ride is really incredible and immersize like no other I have been on. I do not know what to think. It is hard to say it is my favorite ride. Maybe. Probably. But is so different it is hard to quantify and identify how I feel. Mostly I will say it hits the mark and exceeded my expectations - which were set pretty high. Really well done and deserving of huge kudos for Disney. ::yes::

Today is our last day as a family but I have some business here in OC the next couple days and will be solo tomorrow at DLR early AM and evening. Will try and get a BG tomorrow for me to ride solo but no big deal if I miss it. I got two rides and that was my best hope fulfilled.

:wizard:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter