Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

Off topic a little, but I still hate that once you scan into the queue you are kept captive for however long it takes (excepting bathroom/food trips). I really don't see the benefit of doing that other than keeping the queue pre-loaded. It seems to me that if they did a visual check of the BG when you enter the queue, and then a final scan of the BG right before you go into pre-show, the logistics would work out. That way when the attraction goes down, folks could leave and it would be like they were never in the queue to begin with, their BG would be intact, and they'd be able to come back once the attraction goes back up.

Once you get into pre-show, if the system goes down anywhere between pre-show and end of attraction, you get a FP to return. I can understand why they don't want to issue FP to everyone in the queue. But the only reason I can think of for keeping folks in the queue is that once they've been scanned in, their BG is now flagged as "has been used" and can't be used again, and they don't want to give everyone FP and don't want people who have already ridden to try and ride twice...so why not wait to scan until they are about to enter pre-show? What am I missing here?
I agree 1000%. We were some of the prisoners for almost 3 hours on opening weekend. It makes no sense to me why angering hundreds of guests is better than not having the line “pre-loaded” with people the second the ride comes back up. As if there aren’t hundreds of guests milling around outside the ride, literally waiting with bated breath for the ride to come back up and to rush the line?

It honestly makes me not want to try the ride again on several levels. The first day we rode it (opening weekend Saturday), we had group 14, rode flawlessly early in the day, great time. The second day (Sunday of opening weekend), we had group 26, got called at 10 or so, were trapped in line 3 hours, finally had to be evacuated out of first part of ride once the ride came back up, and finally given FP to come back later. How was that a good guest experience for us and the hundreds around us? It literally took them a few minutes at maximum to scan everyone’s app and apply a FP for later. That would be a far better solution than “jail”. It blew up all the FPs we had for that day, made everyone cold and exhausted and just was frustrating.

We will try this ride again next trip, but if they don’t change this policy, I will hesitate in the future. It is a great ride, but it is not so great that I am willing both to give up my EMH at DCA each trip, dealing with the stress of making sure we get in the gates on time, dealing with the stress of actually getting a BG, and then waiting to see if we get held captive in the line for hours, thereby blowing up the rest of our day. Disney, this is NOT magical.

For those who scan in to DL then leave right away, where is the exit? Far right?

A little late with this as I was at DL last week, Fri/Sat for a conference. I harassed everyone ahead of time to have their own Disney account and to get all our tickets on one another's phones.

On Friday we lined up a little after 7, once we were scanned into the park, my friend and I wandered a little unsure of what to do with ourselves. Because I had read elsewhere that one can leave the park, we nervously decided to split up the group. My family stayed at the park, while my friend and I went back to the GCH for our conference. Promptly at 8, we tapped away at our phones. I got confused, and I'm sure I screwed it up on my end. Luckily, my friend got us BG 94, which was labelled as backup. It took about 1 1/2 hrs after park opening for the ride to get going. Our number was called after 3. It took us about an hour to get through the line & ride, and the line kept moving. I was very impressed with the ample seating in the queue that I did not get to enjoy. I had avoided all spoilers and was blown away by the ride. I feel it is the best ride Disney has ever created.

Saturday went much more smoothly for me. I scanned into the park and went back to the hotel. I was amazed to get BG 19! Priorities being what they are, I promptly ditched the conference and rejoined my family for the ride.

Complete run down to getting BG 27 today..

I am with DS25 and DS23 all working from A single DLR account

6:58 left room at bwppi - a non EMH day
7:00 arrived security harbor side - no bag line with no one in line. Other lines had 12-15 people. Not bad.
7:02 in line at gate 17 center with planter split - lines are just past monorail
7:13 gates opened
7:20 I waited for DS25 and 23 at gate 18 and they arrived at 7:20 - we were thru the turnstile in a minute
7:25 in line at tommorrowland.
7:56 rope dropped - we went to Autopia where there are no people
8:00 got BG 27 - it was I who got it with iPhone 11 Pro and AT&T - 4 bars of strength and 23 ms ping speed
We are familiar with it as we've ubered in/out of there before, but wasn't sure if Harbor Side security was worse than normal. I know Uber used to be able to drop off by downtown Disney/at the hotels, so I didn't know if it would be better to dropoff over there somewhere and come through the DTD side of security.
I've seen Harbor security side some extremely busy days. It's terrifying lol
If you read the post above by HydroGuy, you'll see how easily he got through the Harbor bag check on a Sunday morning (usually a very crowded day). He got through easily the day before, too (posted earlier in this thread). If you arrive early enough, Harbor bag check isn't a nightmare. If you skim through this thread and the previous ROTR superthread, you'll see other people post how long it took them to get through the Harbor bag check and at what times. Earlier is always better!

no issues with the quick re-scan- 2 weekends in a row
Good to know that Disney is getting better at dealing with this!

Return times are 2 hours this morning
Thank you for posting this!

I was first inside DL, arrived at DLH security at 5:53, security opened at 6:00. First in line (don’t remember the gate number) Opened gate and my family all scanned in at 7:15, immediately exited to do EMH at CA. Got BG 42 next to Lamplight Lounge.
Thank you for this information! I've added it to the first page. Does anyone know if the Harbor bag check also opens officially at 6 am?

They will let you go to the bathroom or get food. If you leave the line, you are only allowed back in if you are in your reservation window.
Sigh. Thank you for this update. Not exactly encouraging, but good for everyone to know.

Off topic a little, but I still hate that once you scan into the queue you are kept captive for however long it takes (excepting bathroom/food trips). I really don't see the benefit of doing that other than keeping the queue pre-loaded. It seems to me that if they did a visual check of the BG when you enter the queue, and then a final scan of the BG right before you go into pre-show, the logistics would work out. That way when the attraction goes down, folks could leave and it would be like they were never in the queue to begin with, their BG would be intact, and they'd be able to come back once the attraction goes back up.

Once you get into pre-show, if the system goes down anywhere between pre-show and end of attraction, you get a FP to return. I can understand why they don't want to issue FP to everyone in the queue. But the only reason I can think of for keeping folks in the queue is that once they've been scanned in, their BG is now flagged as "has been used" and can't be used again, and they don't want to give everyone FP and don't want people who have already ridden to try and ride twice...so why not wait to scan until they are about to enter pre-show? What am I missing here?
I don't think you are missing anything. But I think Disneyland management is missing a LOT here. Grrrrr...

Today's the day! We planned being at the gate by 6:30 this morning. We left the GCH at 6:05 no wait for bag check coming to DTD and at the gate by 6:10 for an 8am opening. No one is in line at DCA for a 7am EMH. Gates at DL were one person deep already on the DTD side. Harbor gates look a little deeper. Now we find out if that code is worth the price we paid. (It's not the best Star Wars quote but it's still early)

Regarding Harbor bag check. I went through Saturday about 645am no wait and the lines at turnstile we already filling up to about half way to monorail. I will ask this am about opening time but I suspect that they do indeed open at 6am.

Fyi. Fwiw.....My wife followed us about 715am and waited close to 20 minutes with a backpack but said no bag line was walk through.

In line at DL gates, 2 line from farthest left and 3rd in line. Parked using Parking Spot (super easy and only $22.50) by the Fairfield off of harbor at 6:12am and got a great spot right behind Panera. Bag check was quick and at the gate by 6:19)
It’s my DS (18) and I - he’s allowed me to prep him for ROTR as much as an 18 yo will 😂
May the force (and some pixie dust) be with everyone trying for ROTR today

6:51am lines are starting to hit the monorail at least from where I can see.

Edit: lines almost to DCA at 7:10am

Last edited:
My friends are there this morning. 5th in line at one of the gates. I’m playing along from home today to help them get a boarding pass!

I agree 1000%. We were some of the prisoners for almost 3 hours on opening weekend. It makes no sense to me why angering hundreds of guests is better than not having the line “pre-loaded” with people the second the ride comes back up. As if there aren’t hundreds of guests milling around outside the ride, literally waiting with bated breath for the ride to come back up and to rush the line?

It honestly makes me not want to try the ride again on several levels. The first day we rode it (opening weekend Saturday), we had group 14, rode flawlessly early in the day, great time. The second day (Sunday of opening weekend), we had group 26, got called at 10 or so, were trapped in line 3 hours, finally had to be evacuated out of first part of ride once the ride came back up, and finally given FP to come back later. How was that a good guest experience for us and the hundreds around us? It literally took them a few minutes at maximum to scan everyone’s app and apply a FP for later. That would be a far better solution than “jail”. It blew up all the FPs we had for that day, made everyone cold and exhausted and just was frustrating.

We will try this ride again next trip, but if they don’t change this policy, I will hesitate in the future. It is a great ride, but it is not so great that I am willing both to give up my EMH at DCA each trip, dealing with the stress of making sure we get in the gates on time, dealing with the stress of actually getting a BG, and then waiting to see if we get held captive in the line for hours, thereby blowing up the rest of our day. Disney, this is NOT magical.
It is truly horrible that they are doing this. Did you complain to Disney about it?

Hot harbor security at 7am. Less than 10 minutes to get thru. Line to DL gate near DCA. Looks busier than Sunday

Mondays have been consistently busy past months -- MM+carryover from the weekend? At first thought it was holiday weekends in Jan, but they all appear to be busy.

Gates open at 7:20am. They are holding in the hub. Found a nice bench by Jolly Holiday to wait for the next half hour.

May the force be with us all.

Last edited:
Mondays have been consistently busy past months -- MM+carryover from the weekend? At first thought it was holiday weekends in Jan, but they all appear to be busy.

Mondays aren't MM at DL...but I think more people do a trip where they take Monday off to make their own long weekend than those who take Friday.

Wow what a difference 25 minutes makes!

Yesterday a Sunday arrived at harbor-side security with no line in the no bag line. Other lines were 12-15 people.

Today a Monday arrived at 7:23 and security lines were pretty huge. No bag line has already been 5 minutes and looks like another 3-5 to go.

Since some of you are talking about arrival times, this might help.

FWIW today I have business mid-day so am purposely shooting for a backup BG. Going to try for BG 100 or so. I rode the last two days with regular BG so today is bonus if it happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter