• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Riviera Tower Studios?

It looks like a cool room. I don't like the cramped tub-shower combos that are in many of the older DVC studios so I'd appreciate the big roomy bathroom. I don't spend a lot of time in my room when I am at WDW. Just sleeping, showering, and a little computer time. But I think right now we'd eat more meals in the room so having a big room is better.

We are DVC members, and would not stay here. The rooms are super tiny and you would get a better room at a moderate resort for a cheaper price. The regular studios are very nice, but expensive to pay out of pocket for.

Hi! So, currently rescheduling a trip that was to take place in August for April 2021, just my BF and I. We are looking at the riviera and the tower studios are at a decent price right now- has anyone stayed in one of these? I don't love the murphy bed, and it looks a little small, but everything looks super new and the resort itself looks amazing, so I'm a little town. Any experiences appreciated!
My wife and I just stayed there a week and a half ago. For two people the room is fine. The bathroom is fantastic and huge but the room itself is small and awkward. I’d agree with a previous poster saying it’s like a cruise ship room. We paid $500 a night for this and definitely thought it wasn’t worth it. The hotel is great as is the pool, bar and QS. Don’t really understand the point of the Murphy bed unless you wanted to free up some floor space and get a game of twister in while on vacation. We’d stay at this resort again since we love the theme as well as the skyliner just not this room type.

You guys are scaring me. We are staying in a tower room for four nights, the first week of December. It’s probably a good thing we are heading over to Kidani for four nights afterwards. LOL!!

We have stayed in the tower studio twice, a deluxe studio once and a 2 bedroom villa once...I think the tower is fine for a night or two, but the room just feels strange to us. I think it is the configuration of the room that can throw you off a bit as it is not your normal square configuration. Strangest part of room is turning on bathroom mirror light by pushing what looks like an EFI button on bathroom outlet instead of a light switch.

Sorry, I'm not following. Isn't the room 255 square feet? That doesn't seem too bad, although the bathroom looks disproportionately large.
It may be all the dead space surrounding the bathroom, too.

I think right now travelers expect huge bathrooms in resort-style hotels. I like that kind of bathroom. I'm glad Disney made this option available because it is good deal for those of us who might travel alone to WDW.

This weekend we snagged a studio tower for $240.00 with AP rate for Saturday night!!

I had two nights in one this past week for $217 with an AP discount. On the plus side, you’re in your own cul de sac down a hall, with just the 3 rooms. So it’s fairly quiet. My one complaint concerns the shape of the room and the air conditioning vent. I found when it was blowing it would come out of the vent right toward the bed. Also, it’s one of the new AC controls that only goes down to 68 degrees. My other minor complaint is that there were only two bath towels. It would have saved some cast member contact with me if you gave more than 2 towels to start. On the funny side, my neighbors next door had just checked in when I was leaving for dinner one night. The wife’s reaction when she opened the door and saw the size of the room was priceless.

Also, it’s one of the new AC controls that only goes down to 68 degrees.
(My emphasis) I've just bursted out laughing lol Anything below 75 is a big no from my wife. She thinks I'm mental every time I set the AC to 74.

This is all scaring me a bit.... we are currently booked for a weeks stay in the tower suite 😬

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter