Rock N Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest

I wanted to report back that we are here and went to HS today, and I DID IT!! I rode RNRC!!!! I can’t believe I did it! I started to back out but I was already through the fp line before I knew it! I didn’t love it, but I really liked it. I think I might love it a second time because my anxiety is a lot about the unknowns. I will admit that my head felt a little “off” for a few mins after, and I was a little shaky (from the death grip I had during the ride)... but I was not sick!! I can’t tell you how proud I am of myself!! :cool1:
That’s awesome.im trying to work up the courage to do FOP next month

Fantastic that you rode RnRC! That is the absolute maximum of what I can ride, as far as coasters go. The launch almost does me in (though the rest of it is fine). Expedition Everest is my favorite coaster in all of WDW. If you can do EE and RnR, FOP is no problem! We all loved FOP, though it made my mom a little queasy (motion simulator).

I wanted to report back that we are here and went to HS today, and I DID IT!! I rode RNRC!!!!

Congrats! I've been reading this thread because I have trepidation when it comes to coasters. I have a fear of heights. BTMRR is one of my faves, but I ride in the front to cut down on the roughness. I can't wait to hear about how you do on EE!

EE is a pretty tame roller coaster, imo. Kind of like a bigger SDMT, but with the small backwards section. RR is one of the best coasters I've ever ridden anywhere. I prefer the front seat b/c it's a launch coaster.

These are the only 2 rides in Disney I haven't ridden. Going in August and might try EE. But I'm also nervous. Hated Space Mountain and would never do ToT again. The big drop in Splash Mountain gave me anxiety and I would not do it again. I like Big Thunder Mountain and love 7 Dwarf Mine Train. So would you guys think I'd be okay on EE?

These are the only 2 rides in Disney I haven't ridden. Going in August and might try EE. But I'm also nervous. Hated Space Mountain and would never do ToT again. The big drop in Splash Mountain gave me anxiety and I would not do it again. I like Big Thunder Mountain and love 7 Dwarf Mine Train. So would you guys think I'd be okay on EE?

No, I don't think you'd be ok on EE. If the drop on Splash Mountain bothers you, you'd totally lose it on EE.

From a true "coaster" perspective, RNRC and EE are both rather tame. RNRC is a decent, yet rather bumpy, launch coaster with inversions. But, none of the inversions are Hard G inversions like you would find on some of the larger outdoor coasters. No batwings or reverse G rolls. I actually find it to be a fun coaster to ride and is a nice break from the more "kid oriented" attractions. Everest is extremely tame, but, the Gs on the reverse track part in the dark can be a bit of a surprise to some people. But it lasts 20 seconds or so and is only really strong on the initial entrance into the reverse section. Otherwise, I also find this to be a very entertaining ride. The theming is great and the ride itself offers enough to coaster enthusiasts to enjoy as well as those who typically dont enjoy coasters. I think these are great entry level coasters for the average person unsure of whether or not they will like a coaster. These certainly are not in the class with Twisted Colussus, Apollos Chariot, Goliath, Steel Vengeance, Lightning Rod or Fury325. They arent even close to any of the local Florida coasters like Mako, Montu, or the Hulk. But they are coasters and do exhibit some typical coaster traits and put slight amounts of Gs on your body.

No, I don't think you'd be ok on EE. If the drop on Splash Mountain bothers you, you'd totally lose it on EE.
Thank you. That is the most honest answer I've probably ever gotten. I will continue to watch my family from the end.

Fantastic that you rode RnRC! That is the absolute maximum of what I can ride, as far as coasters go. The launch almost does me in (though the rest of it is fine). Expedition Everest is my favorite coaster in all of WDW. If you can do EE and RnR, FOP is no problem! We all loved FOP, though it made my mom a little queasy (motion simulator).

Great to know! I’m a little nervous about fop because star tours really bothers me, but I close my eyes when it does!

Congrats! I've been reading this thread because I have trepidation when it comes to coasters. I have a fear of heights. BTMRR is one of my faves, but I ride in the front to cut down on the roughness. I can't wait to hear about how you do on EE!
I’ll let you know unless I chicken out! Lol

I did it!! I did it!! I rode Expedition Everest.... TWICE!!!! I loved it!! We rode it with a five minute wait and then again with a FastPass. It was such a fun ride. The backwards part had one part that was really fast, but it was over so fast. Then it goes really fast frontwards after that. The drop kind of reminds me of splash but with less time to prepare for it! I’m very proud that I built up my nerve and didn’t chicken out!!
EE was my definite favorite over RNRC. I was shaky when I got off RNRC but not EE!!

Sorry to piggyback off this thread, but out of curiosity, how do some of you tastefully request rows/spots on coasters or rides, especially during busy times? I'm not knocking it, I would like to attempt myself as one of my kiddos that gets dizzy pretty easy does have different outcomes depending on where he sits. However, with the loading/unloading while managing massive crowds, I'm just too self conscious to try any requests so he either goes without fun and waits or if he's living on the edge, he'll ride with all of us crossing fingers that snack/lunch stays down afterwards.

Sorry to piggyback off this thread, but out of curiosity, how do some of you tastefully request rows/spots on coasters or rides, especially during busy times? I'm not knocking it, I would like to attempt myself as one of my kiddos that gets dizzy pretty easy does have different outcomes depending on where he sits. However, with the loading/unloading while managing massive crowds, I'm just too self conscious to try any requests so he either goes without fun and waits or if he's living on the edge, he'll ride with all of us crossing fingers that snack/lunch stays down afterwards.

Just ask. That's all you have to do. We always request back row/rows on Big Thunder. May have to wait an extra train or two, but it's always granted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter