ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
TexasChick123---$85-$14297-150-SSR-Mar-38/17, 150/18, 150/19, 150/20-Seller banked 2017 pts- sent 3/26, taken 4/17

No surprises here. Honestly, I’m ok with this one. I had to try at that price. ;)

Sorry to hear my guess is mine gets taken soon too

:scared: I emailed my broker to see if I could find out any info (and because I am incredibly impatient). I asked moreso about my escrow deposit if Disney takes it, and how quickly I could make an offer. He tells me IF I hear from the title company, then that means Disney waived ROFR. IF I hear from him, Disney took it back. GAH!

TexasChick123---$85-$14297-150-SSR-Mar-38/17, 150/18, 150/19, 150/20-Seller banked 2017 pts- sent 3/26, taken 4/17

No surprises here. Honestly, I’m ok with this one. I had to try at that price. ;)
Do you think you'll look for a new one now or wait a while? sorry to hear btw.

:scared: I emailed my broker to see if I could find out any info (and because I am incredibly impatient). I asked moreso about my escrow deposit if Disney takes it, and how quickly I could make an offer. He tells me IF I hear from the title company, then that means Disney waived ROFR. IF I hear from him, Disney took it back. GAH!

For my resale company if I get an email it will say congrats we passed ROFR, if i get a phone call from my broker Disney took it. So I hope she doesn't call me, even to just say hi, with this next one :D

I had wondered- if it passes if I would hear about it from the title company before the broker. Wonder if the company I went through works this way too.

For my resale company if I get an email it will say congrats we passed ROFR, if i get a phone call from my broker Disney took it. So I hope she doesn't call me, even to just say hi, with this next one :D

Which company are you using?

It's strange that some contracts pass within 5-7 days but we never hear of the rejections within that timescale.

I'm starting to think that the title company find out a lot quicker regarding ROFR than we are led to believe.

It's not a bad way to make interest % from the thousands of pounds/dollars that is holding in their back account. What benefit do they have of telling us that Disney have exercised their right when they can have a couple of weeks worth of free interest?

I had wondered- if it passes if I would hear about it from the title company before the broker. Wonder if the company I went through works this way too.

For my recent timeshare store BWV I heard from them and not the closing company. I only received a receipt from them on deposit but perhaps the lack of communication from closing company is because I have a delayed closing.

It's strange that some contracts pass within 5-7 days but we never hear of the rejections within that timescale.

I'm starting to think that the title company find out a lot quicker regarding ROFR than we are led to believe.

It's not a bad way to make interest % from the thousands of pounds/dollars that is holding in their back account. What benefit do they have of telling us that Disney have exercised their right when they can have a couple of weeks worth of free interest?

I guess but I would assume they don't make that much money on the small deposit amount and current interest rates. On $2,000 at 5% a month of interest is only $8.

I also emailed my broker (DVCResaleMarket) and they indicated that on average Disney is around 14 to 18 days out on ROFR.

Do you think you'll look for a new one now or wait a while? sorry to hear btw.

Tough to say. I’m not going to be looking at SSR again. It just didn’t feel right for us. I know that sounds silly, but I didn’t get a good feeling about it the whole time. The fact that the emotion I felt when I got the call was relief means it just wasn’t right for us.

I just wanted to give a quick review of https://dvcsales.com/. They were great to work with. They were very responsive, knowledgeable, and just nice. Also, the fact that I got a call instead of an email telling me Disney was buying it back added an extra level of professionalism to their customer service. I really liked that the offer and acceptance can all be done online as well. I enjoyed working with them and wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.

Tough to say. I’m not going to be looking at SSR again. It just didn’t feel right for us. I know that sounds silly, but I didn’t get a good feeling about it the whole time. The fact that the emotion I felt when I got the call was relief means it just wasn’t right for us.
I had a feeling like that after I made an offer... fortunately it was declined, and I was super relieved.

We had a similar experience. All resorts are nice to stay at but we got caught up in the longer expiration date of AKL vs. picking a place we like better and were relieved when Disney took that AKL contract. The recent OKW we lost hurt though. Especially when waiting a full 30 days for a decision. OKW and BCV are our favorites.

We had a similar experience. All resorts are nice to stay at but we got caught up in the expiration date of AKL vs. picking a place we like better and were relieved when Disney took that AKL contract. The recent OKW we lost hurt though. Especially when waiting a full 30 days for a decision. OKW and BCV are our favorites.

A user on a different board just hit the nail on the head for me. My kids are still so little that DS doesn’t hold much appeal for us right now. Heck, I haven’t been there since it was called Downtown Disney and I was maybe 22 or so. I think we are just too far away from the nighttime DS visits to make SSR appealing right now. Maybe in 5-10 years, but just not yet for us. My kids still want to be in the parks all day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter