ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
1BR Villas at BLT sleep up to 5 adults.

You are all right... I was thinking of the BLT Studio... I've still got younger kiddos and we did a GF studio without issue last summer. Thinking a 1 bd would work better here shortly and then a 2 bd in several years

Come on day 9... Found a new contract I'd love to offer on if Disney takes my current ROFR.
I understand the feeling. I'm at day 35 and I found another contract that I will make a bid on if Disney takes this one. I'm really hopeful I will hear back today. I hope Disney waives the ROFR because I don't want to have to wait again. This has been a long 35 days.

I understand the feeling. I'm at day 35 and I found another contract that I will make a bid on if Disney takes this one. I'm really hopeful I will hear back today. I hope Disney waives the ROFR because I don't want to have to wait again. This has been a long 35 days.
I thought they only had 30 days for ROFR.

I thought they only had 30 days for ROFR.
You have to give them notice at least 30 days before closing, but they actually have until closing to exercise the ROFR. However, I think most of the time they either waive or exercise the ROFR within 30 days. Not for us though.

Fidelity told me they usually get a lot of them on Fridays and Mondays so hopefully we will hear today.

hoserland---$97-$16785-160-AKV-Dec-0/17, 160/18, 160/19-Split 2018 MFs- sent 3/27, taken 4/20

been lurking for the past month and with the recent news I wasn't too surpised

You have to give them notice at least 30 days before closing, but they actually have until closing to exercise the ROFR. However, I think most of the time they either waive or exercise the ROFR within 30 days. Not for us though.

Fidelity told me they usually get a lot of them on Fridays and Mondays so hopefully we will hear today.

Hmm that's interesting. We have one submitted to Disney on 4/16 that can't close until 5/30. Our agent told us they have 30 days to decide once submitted- didn't say anything that they have up until it closes....
Hopefully you hear something soon- the waiting is the worst.

Hmm that's interesting. We have one submitted to Disney on 4/16 that can't close until 5/30. Our agent told us they have 30 days to decide once submitted- didn't say anything that they have up until it closes....
Hopefully you hear something soon- the waiting is the worst.
Here is the language

"...PURCHASER must notify DVD in writing no less than thirty (30) days in advance of the proposed closing date of PURCHASER's intent to sell and must include a copy of the proposed transaction reduced to writing in all respects. Upon receipt of such written notice, DVD shall determine prior to the proposed closing date whether it wishes to exercise it right of first refusal. if DVD elects to exercise its right of first refusal, DVD shall notify PURCHASER in writing of such election, and the purchase by DVD shall be closed on or before the proposed closing date. If DVD fails to notify PURCHASER of its election to exercise its right of first refusal prior to the proposed closing date, PURCHASER may proceed to close the transaction with the third party upon the original terms and conditions offered by or to the third party."

Right, YOU have to give THEM a minimum of 30 days. That's the actual requirement. They can take the entire time until the closing date if they want.

Here is the language

"...PURCHASER must notify DVD in writing no less than thirty (30) days in advance of the proposed closing date of PURCHASER's intent to sell and must include a copy of the proposed transaction reduced to writing in all respects. Upon receipt of such written notice, DVD shall determine prior to the proposed closing date whether it wishes to exercise it right of first refusal. if DVD elects to exercise its right of first refusal, DVD shall notify PURCHASER in writing of such election, and the purchase by DVD shall be closed on or before the proposed closing date. If DVD fails to notify PURCHASER of its election to exercise its right of first refusal prior to the proposed closing date, PURCHASER may proceed to close the transaction with the third party upon the original terms and conditions offered by or to the third party."

Is that just from who you are going through? Or is that from Disney.. It's gonna suck to wait all the way until 5/30 for me :( and what is DVD? (sorry if this is a dumb question) I know DVC lol...

Hopefully lots of people hear back today as well!

Is that just from who you are going through? Or is that from Disney.. It's gonna suck to wait all the way until 5/30 for me :( and what is DVD? (sorry if this is a dumb question) I know DVC lol...

DVD is a disc that holds 4.7GB of data or one feature length movie. ;)

Or in this case, it's the company "Disney Vacation Development", the Disney owed developer for DVC. DVDMC is the management company. (see if you can guess what that stands for. :))

Tarkin18---$130-$21415-160-BLT-Mar-0/17, 0/18, 160/19- sent 4/9, passed 4/19

DVC first timers, just passed through ROFR

Yay! Congrats to you! We are waiting on our BLT contract (first ever!). Ours was just sent on the 16th. Hopefully they are not interested in BLT right now!

DVD is a disc that holds 4.7GB of data or one feature length movie. ;)

Or in this case, it's the company "Disney Vacation Development", the Disney owed developer for DVC. DVDMC is the management company. (see if you can guess what that stands for. :))

:rotfl2: got it now... thanks.... I was thinking more along the lines of the DVD thing that is slowly going extinct.....

But Boo... now I have to prepare myself to wait longer... hopefully not

got it now... thanks.... I was thinking more along the lines of the DVD thing that is slowly going extinct.....
Once the direct price exceeds $300/point, it'll be renamed BRVD (Blu Ray Vacation Development). Don't worry, that's at least 2-3 years away.

But Boo... now I have to prepare myself to wait longer... hopefully not
If it's any consolation, it's fun for some of us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter