ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woot... Congrats. That was a 13 day turnaround too. I've seen that resort last fall and it looks extremely nice. Very pricey to stay there though.
We live in Nevada so we go to Disneyland often. We have never been to Disney World. Everyone kept saying that if we didn't buy at GC we would never get in when we wanted so we spent the extra money and decided to buy where we wanted to stay. I hope we don't regret it.

It's sad that BLT 1 bd rooms dont accommodate 5 people otherwise I might have bought there too. It's nice to be closer to Mzg though for sure

Well just got a phone call from Kissimmee FL which got me excited, however it was Disney wanting to know what I decided about buying direct, lol... Ughh the pain of RoFR...

Well just got a phone call from Kissimmee FL which got me excited, however it was Disney wanting to know what I decided about buying direct, lol... Ughh the pain of RoFR...

Annoying...don't want to jinx it but I think your $107 should pass

evenstephen---$108-$13911-120-AKV-Sep-0/16, 0/17, 66/18, 120/19- sent 4/10, passed 4/19

Second try turned out to be the charm. Paid $1 per point more than the last contract that was taken through ROFR earlier in the month. Not the best price I've seen, but I think it broadly fair and hope that the little extra helped the ROFR process. The yearly point number is the same as the previous contract, but that first one didn't have any 2018 points to play with. I don't really need them for a specific visit, but am already planning how to find a use for them (it won't be hard!). Good luck to everyone else waiting!

evenstephen---$108-$13911-120-AKV-Sep-0/16, 0/17, 66/18, 120/19- sent 4/10, passed 4/19

Second try turned out to be the charm. Paid $1 per point more than the last contract that was taken through ROFR earlier in the month. Not the best price I've seen, but I think it broadly fair and hope that the little extra helped the ROFR process. The yearly point number is the same as the previous contract, but that first one didn't have any 2018 points to play with. I don't really need them for a specific visit, but am already planning how to find a use for them (it won't be hard!). Good luck to everyone else waiting!

Congrats that's great news!!

Ha! That same thing happened to me last week while we were waiting to hear whether Disney was going to exercise its ROFR -- our guide called (with the Kissimmee area code, which got me exicted) to see if we had given any more thought to buying DVC and if I had any more questions. I was honest and told him that we were still very interested in DVC, but didn't think we would be in position to buy a direct contract for a while.

It didn't seem like we needed to get into the whole "I kind of think buying resale is a better deal" conversation at that point.

Haha! The same thing happened to me. I was at work and I couldn't answer so it went to voicemail. So I had the torture of waiting to check voicemail and then waiting for the voicemail to start. It ended up being the nice guy from Disney that I had talked to about AKV. I can't buy from Disney right now at $171 per point.

I have an additional torture - I signed up for the mailing list at the Timeshare Store before I made my offer and started the ROFR process. So now when I check my emails in the morning there's always an email from the Timeshare store, but it's never about my ROFR. Instead it's the email with all the new listings. I haven't even been in ROFR for a week at this point, so my common sense says it is too soon, but that doesn't stop my hopes from rising momentarily. LOL!

It's sad that BLT 1 bd rooms dont accommodate 5 people otherwise I might have bought there too. It's nice to be closer to Mzg though for sure

You can put up to five people in a 1bd as there is a king bed, queen sofa sleeper and a sleeper chair that accommodates one person. I wouldn’t want five people in a one bedroom but disney will allow it in the one bedroom.

Congratulations! That's great news. I'm hoping that you've started a trend where Disney passes AKV contracts!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter