ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do not generally have problems with international sellers...they buy those back too. So, you should be even happier that yours passed :)!

The wife and I are ecstatic that it passed, but after reading over these boards the last 3 months, I haven't seen one taken yet that's international seller and most I've read say they generally pass on those.

These are the types of situations that make me wonder. If your contract had passed, would you have been within your rights to push the usually molasses-speed title companies to get the estoppel and closing papers within that two week period? Or was that never going to be an issue, because after that long, it’s going to be as good as taken?

I don’t have the answers, just tossing questions around because I’m genuinely curious :)
So many questions, so few answers...

The contract I’m currently waiting on was submitted 4/9 and says, “cannot close before 6/10/19 but must close before 7/1/19.” Hopefully I’m not waiting until mid June!

Just to add more info into the mix...

$165 50 PVB March 59/2019 50/2020, sent 3/22 passed 4/9

We paid more for the perfect fit. We’d been watching for awhile.

Also, our close date is 6/6 so doesn’t give much credence to close date having anything to do with what they look at first. Though I had zero doubts this would pass.

Just to add more info into the mix...

$165 50 PVB March 59/2019 50/2020, sent 3/22 passed 4/9

We paid more for the perfect fit. We’d been watching for awhile.

Also, our close date is 6/6 so doesn’t give much credence to close date having anything to do with what they look at first. Though I had zero doubts this would pass.

I believe they give a sheet with the $$$ amount that the "rookies" can immediately pass. Then they hold and sort those "on the fence".

How would I find out if it’s an international seller? Is it simply asking the broker or is there an easier way?

I'll just say that not even Disney could stretch Gondolas flying over Andy's backyard and Sunset Boulevard as a thematic fit :D
I agree. That’s what got me with the “future expansion” map. I just can’t see a gondola flying over the middle of Hollywood studios.

Although I can see them adding a gondola from AKV to Animal Kingdom and somehow connecting Disney Springs to the Riviera.

henry.au---$137-$27950-200-BLT-Jun-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 200/20- sent 3/11, taken 4/25

After a painful few weeks, I'm officially off the hook...

Placed another offer with an international seller but my broker advised me to not proceed as I'm not a US Citizen and therefore complicates (and slows down) the process

I have just placed an offer on a similar contract so fingers crossed it gets accepted (and hopefully not taken).

henry.au---$137-$27950-200-BLT-Jun-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 200/20- sent 3/11, taken 4/25

After a painful few weeks, I'm officially off the hook...

Placed another offer with an international seller but my broker advised me to not proceed as I'm not a US Citizen and therefore complicates (and slows down) the process

I have just placed an offer on a similar contract so fingers crossed it gets accepted (and hopefully not taken).

Sorry it was taken. Good luck with your offer. Glad to see you jumped right back in!

So we just got word that our seller cancelled an existing reservation so we are now getting an additional 40 points at no cost. Any idea how/if this will affect the ROFR process?

So we just got word that our seller cancelled an existing reservation so we are now getting an additional 40 points at no cost. Any idea how/if this will affect the ROFR process?
While I've never encountered that situation I would see three options:
1. Seller makes a new reservation to use those points before closing,
2. Seller and Buyer (you) may need to sign either an amendment sale / purchase document with the corrected points, or
3. Seller and Buyer (you) will simply initial the original sale / purchase document where the old number of points are crossed out and the new number of points is manually written in.

That's all I've got.

While I've never encountered that situation I would see three options:
1. Seller makes a new reservation to use those points before closing,
2. Seller and Buyer (you) may need to sign either an amendment sale / purchase document with the corrected points, or
3. Seller and Buyer (you) will simply initial the original sale / purchase document where the old number of points are crossed out and the new number of points is manually written in.

That's all I've got.

We signed an amendment. But I was concerned that this will either make ROFR take longer, or make the contract more attractive to Disney.

We signed an amendment. But I was concerned that this will either make ROFR take longer, or make the contract more attractive to Disney.
I'm told by the broker we go through that Disney doesn't even look at number of points that come with the contract (i.e., number of 2017 Use Year points, number of 2018 Use Year points, etc.). Rather, Disney simply looks at the price per point, closing costs (regardless if buyer or seller are paying closing costs) and thirdly use year (but with the change in the rules doubtful how much weight this is now given). The broker used to be a DVC sales / ROFR dude. If that's correct there shouldn't be any difference.
Curious if anyone has been told by their broker that the number of point the buyer receives with the contract does make a contract more / less attractive to Disney?

I'm told by the broker we go through that Disney doesn't even look at number of points that come with the contract (i.e., number of 2017 Use Year points, number of 2018 Use Year points, etc.). Rather, Disney simply looks at the price per point, closing costs (regardless if buyer or seller are paying closing costs) and thirdly use year (but with the change in the rules doubtful how much weight this is now given). The broker used to be a DVC sales / ROFR dude. If that's correct there shouldn't be any difference.
Curious if anyone has been told by their broker that the number of point the buyer receives with the contract does make a contract more / less attractive to Disney?

Why does Disney care about closing costs?

I believe they give a sheet with the $$$ amount that the "rookies" can immediately pass. Then they hold and sort those "on the fence".

I think so too. There’s likely an algorithm with resort, minimum price per point, payer of closing costs, etc. and contracts that meet the predetermined criteria get the quick pass. Those that don’t get kicked up to a supervisor or panel for further review.

Why does Disney care about closing costs?
I was told that Disney cares about total out of pocket cost to pick up a contract.....price per point and closing costs (even with internal staff who can take care of some of these, the internal staff cannot eliminate 100% all of the different type of closing costs)

That happened to me in January. We just signed a simple addendum to the original sale contract reflecting the additional points that we would receive and the broker sent that to Disney. I ended up waiting for my ROFR waiver for over 30 days, but I don't think it was because of the addendum. I think that Disney was just backed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter