ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry again to those who have waited so long for bad news. I confess, I am intrigued by this whole idea of the connection between the closing date on the contract and the resulting possibility of a long wait for ROFR, or whether there is no connection at all.

Would those who waited extended times mind posting what the estimated closing date was per your contracts? I'm trying to get a handle on why wait times are so long and whether it really is that they put later closings at the bottom.

I considered adding closing date per contract to the string, but the problem there is that I believe that this slowdown/ backlog is a temporary thing and that those data points would be unhelpful at best when looking at the big picture.

Submitted to ROFR: 3/14, Closing: 5/28, 42 days to taken, DVC Resale Market

We are leaving tomorrow! Woo hoo!!! I think we've decided not to do the annual passes we were planning on if we had passed.

I'm definitely already looking at contracts. Since our contract got taken, I really am not sold on SSR. We've never stayed there - but we are used to moderate so my original approach had been anything DVC would be good and I had been offering at AKV and SSR - this was the first that accepted without counter. I'm ALSO not sure how much I care about August use year. THERE ARE SO MANY VARIABLES IT'S INSANE and I'm losing my mind. :)

I'm just trying to figure out if we would be able to book a 2BR around January 20th inside the 7 month window - assuming we pass - or if I should postpone our planned trip... It's not like staying at moderates or Pop is completely off the table either. Meh. When did Disney get so complicated?

Sigh.

Thanks for letting me word-vomit in this post. :)

We own small contracts at both SSR and Poly and just decided to buy 100 more points. We were going to do SSR (that price is hard to argue with), but given that we always stay in studios we decided to bite the bullet and offer on another Poly. We do long weekend trips and have not had trouble getting in where we want at 7 months, but I just wonder about that changing as DVC retools their policies, and about what happens when the 2042s all go offline. So... we decided the extra price for the Poly was worth knowing we could stay at our favorite resort.

All that to say - sometimes it's good to take a step back and to evaluate what you think the next 10-15 years look like, and what restrictions you'd be comfortable with and what would upset you long term. Be really, really honest with yourself as to what your tolerances would be. We still do moderates or Pop on occasion, but DVC has really made us love those deluxe resorts.

You are correct in your assumption! It is based on the date that the contract was sent to Disney.

Whatever happens to it after that point we aren't usually going to be privy to. I might even be wary of believing whoever told you that your contract wasn't forwarded over to the real ROFR people until over a week later. They might just be trying to get you off their back.

In my opinion, it's kind of irrelevant what Disney does with it after the contract has been given to them. I would assume that most contracts go through more or less the same process at the beginning.
To expand on this, I think your experience of Disney not actually sending contracts to the review people until a week or so later is probably pretty standard.

The contract person I've been working with at DVCRM just told me this while updating me on my 30-day contract that they originally screwed up. I asked her if they had given any kind of response to the original contract they sent over (which at the time they sent it was only 28 days from the close date, not 30+)

"Disney has not responded yet. They have been taking about 7-10 days to review the email and let us know everything looks okay and is going to the committee for decision."

This seems to make sense. In the analysis I did on the January-March ROFR thread, the fastest anyone passed was 8 days.

We had someone this quarter who claimed to pass in 2 days or something crazy like that I think. That might just be an outlier for whatever reason.

All that to say - sometimes it's good to take a step back and to evaluate what you think the next 10-15 years look like, and what restrictions you'd be comfortable with and what would upset you long term. Be really, really honest with yourself as to what your tolerances would be. We still do moderates or Pop on occasion, but DVC has really made us love those deluxe resorts.

Right. So hard to predict our future. Lol. We have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. 15 years from now is gonna look pretty different from today. Haha.

But renting at AKV last year ruined me on "just" doing hotel rooms... :P

After 43 days of waiting, mine was also taken.

Shannon G---$115-$18911-150-BWV-Dec-0/17, 5/18, 150/19, 150/20- sent 3/12, taken 4/25

I had a boardwalk, 150 loaded, $107 per point sent the same day as yours and I passed in 12 days, it was an international seller, so I'm thinking that is definitely the key, sorry to hear and keep looking.

To expand on this, I think your experience of Disney not actually sending contracts to the review people until a week or so later is probably pretty standard.

The contract person I've been working with at DVCRM just told me this while updating me on my 30-day contract that they originally screwed up. I asked her if they had given any kind of response to the original contract they sent over (which at the time they sent it was only 28 days from the close date, not 30+)

"Disney has not responded yet. They have been taking about 7-10 days to review the email and let us know everything looks okay and is going to the committee for decision."

This seems to make sense. In the analysis I did on the January-March ROFR thread, the fastest anyone passed was 8 days.

We had someone this quarter who claimed to pass in 2 days or something crazy like that I think. That might just be an outlier for whatever reason.

A handful of Poly contracts here were taking in the 8-10 day range, which is likely the amount of time it took Disney to get eyeballs on it to type the "no, thanks" email.

I'm so sorry again to those who have waited so long for bad news. I confess, I am intrigued by this whole idea of the connection between the closing date on the contract and the resulting possibility of a long wait for ROFR, or whether there is no connection at all.

Would those who waited extended times mind posting what the estimated closing date was per your contracts? I'm trying to get a handle on why wait times are so long and whether it really is that they put later closings at the bottom.

I considered adding closing date per contract to the string, but the problem there is that I believe that this slowdown/ backlog is a temporary thing and that those data points would be unhelpful at best when looking at the big picture.
My 64 day wait for ROFR (passed 4/23/2019) had little detail on the contract regarding closing and having bought multiple times direct and indirect, I feel I was complacent in accepting a poorly written (apparently standard) contract: "This contract shall be closed within 60 days of the effective date*, unless extended by other provisions on the contract." * came with no footnote or date! Contract was to be executed by 2/22/2019 but wasn't until 2/26/2019 due to miscommunication from broker regarding financials. I found out on 4/18/2019 the contract had a "closing date" of 4/19/2019 much to my surprise...and then after pushing a bit more due to the ridiculous "status" of ROFR it went through. I had asked numerous times for updates but was never actually given one up until 4/18/2019. I will never buy again without specific and reasonable expectation of dates "in writing" for ROFR and closing. Thanks for trying to figure out "why"!

My 64 day wait for ROFR (passed 4/23/2019) had little detail on the contract regarding closing and having bought multiple times direct and indirect, I feel I was complacent in accepting a poorly written (apparently standard) contract: "This contract shall be closed within 60 days of the effective date*, unless extended by other provisions on the contract." * came with no footnote or date! Contract was to be executed by 2/22/2019 but wasn't until 2/26/2019 due to miscommunication from broker regarding financials. I found out on 4/18/2019 the contract had a "closing date" of 4/19/2019 much to my surprise...and then after pushing a bit more due to the ridiculous "status" of ROFR it went through. I had asked numerous times for updates but was never actually given one up until 4/18/2019. I will never buy again without specific and reasonable expectation of dates "in writing" for ROFR and closing. Thanks for trying to figure out "why"!

Your situation was particularly ridiculous, and I appreciate the details here!

Just out of curiosity, was there not an asterisk for your contract down by the signature area that reads, "*Effective Date_ (The date the last party signed or initialed acceptance of the final offer"? There is on the most recent one of mine that was submitted, so that would explain the asterisk you are referring to and would make the 60-day countdown start on that date. If it's not on yours, that's really odd, as I was under the assumption that the brokers use cookie-cutter paperwork for all of these DVC sales.

Tiffany H---$135-$23595-170-BLT-Mar-0/18, 0/19, 170/20, 170/21- sent 3/7, taken 4/24

Closing date 5/24/19.
DVC Resale Market
Waited 48 days

Adding the rest for any other details you may want:
Per my talk with Disney it was sent to their Finance department for ROFR assessment on 3/12. On April 9th they had made a decision and said it had to go to their accounting department to stop dues and stated they were behind.

We are leaving tomorrow! Woo hoo!!! I think we've decided not to do the annual passes we were planning on if we had passed.

I'm definitely already looking at contracts. Since our contract got taken, I really am not sold on SSR. We've never stayed there - but we are used to moderate so my original approach had been anything DVC would be good and I had been offering at AKV and SSR - this was the first that accepted without counter. I'm ALSO not sure how much I care about August use year. THERE ARE SO MANY VARIABLES IT'S INSANE and I'm losing my mind. :)

I'm just trying to figure out if we would be able to book a 2BR around January 20th inside the 7 month window - assuming we pass - or if I should postpone our planned trip... It's not like staying at moderates or Pop is completely off the table either. Meh. When did Disney get so complicated?

Sigh.

Thanks for letting me word-vomit in this post. :)

I so know what you mean! I’ve managed to completely confuse myself.

We went for a large Saratoga contract because it was cheap and we like the look of the refurb rooms. We did like the resort when we walked through it to DS. However, I’m not keen on the fact the rooms open to the outside. I think this is where it loses its deluxe resort status.

If we don’t get this contract I’m completely torn. We’ve ruled out BLT, Copper Creek and all 2042 resorts as options. Our heart is with VGF but it’s so many points to get a 10+ night stay every other year. We both like AKV but not how far out it is.

There is plans/rumours that Saratoga and Animal Kingdom will be added to the Skyliner which will make them both more desirable.

As I see our options it’s a large resale contract (maybe split into a couple of contracts), a blend of 100-150 Saratoga resale and 75-150 direct to get us into the new resorts or a 200-250 VGF resale contract. We want to try all or at least most resorts and don’t mind the 7 month waitlist roulette.

I worry that we’ll end up being restricted to either the resort or limited in how we can apply to the L14 as resale so leaning towards a blend of resale and direct points. We just can not afford VGF direct currently.

Bebec22---$135-$25453-175-BLT-Feb-0/18, 175/19, 175/20- sent 2/26, taken 4/8

Closing date 4/22, Timeshare Store. Found out it was taken exactly 2 weeks before the closing date on the contract after 41 days of waiting.

There is plans/rumours that Saratoga and Animal Kingdom will be added to the Skyliner which will make them both more desirable.

I wouldn't count on that. There are currently no plans to expand the Skyliner beyond its current footprint. That's not to say that other alternative forms of transport won't come in the future, but no plans for Skyliner.

I recently used the steps to check the OCC for what re-sales have recently been approved by DVC. For my purpose i was looking up Poly contracts -- looks like my offer was in the ballpark of what has been waived. What I did find interesting was that there were deeds which were listed as "deed in lieu of foreclosure" I thought it was a little odd. Do people work out deals to just transfer their deed back to DVC to avoid the foreclosure process?

Your situation was particularly ridiculous, and I appreciate the details here!

Just out of curiosity, was there not an asterisk for your contract down by the signature area that reads, "*Effective Date_ (The date the last party signed or initialed acceptance of the final offer"? There is on the most recent one of mine that was submitted, so that would explain the asterisk you are referring to and would make the 60-day countdown start on that date. If it's not on yours, that's really odd, as I was under the assumption that the brokers use cookie-cutter paperwork for all of these DVC sales.
It's on the contract but it's just blank without any date or explanation - just nothing... Other contracts from other brokers had details nicely spelled out and were easy to read. We just closed on two other contracts in January 2019 and here it was February and I blew it in allowing it to go with no dates - again, complacency on my part.

I'm sorry for those having their contracts taken by Disney. Doesn't give me much hope with the one we just signed on this morning(will post details after it's gets sent to ROFR don't want to jinx it)

I do like people posting the company they used. Starting to wonder if Disney is looking at certain resale companies and taking those more than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter