ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t quite go there. There are advantages if the swap is appealing rather than simply cashing out and booking yourself. The biggest being the tax implications of not having to fill out a 1099 for cashing out.
In that case couldn’t you just collect payment in the form of a gift certificate?

I’m not sure I would trust the broker for my tax advice. If this is viewed by the IRS as a “barter” transaction, it may be a taxable event.
When I saw this new product, the first thing I thought about was the barter transaction rules.

But the IRS website does state when describing Bartering: "The term doesn't include arrangements that provide solely for the informal exchange of similar services on a noncommercial basis (for example, a babysitting cooperative run by neighborhood parents)."

Hi folks. I hope this isn't a silly question, but every time I think I understand the process I discover there’s so much more to learn. Once closing is completed, what is (generally speaking) the amount of time that folks have found transpires between that day and the deed being recorded and receiving the email from Disney welcoming you to DVC and getting the points into the account? I know it will make sense once I’ve gone through the experience, but it all seems a mystery as I sit here typing this message.

Hi folks. I hope this isn't a silly question, but every time I think I understand the process I discover there’s so much more to learn. Once closing is completed, what is (generally speaking) the amount of time that folks have found transpires between that day and the deed being recorded and receiving the email from Disney welcoming you to DVC and getting the points into the account? I know it will make sense once I’ve gone through the experience, but it all seems a mystery as I sit here typing this message.
Search the DISboards for the Closing Time thread.

informal exchange of similar services on a noncommercial basis
I’m not sure I’d want to be the one to argue that a well-known broker that advertises on the internet forms the basis of an “informal exchange,” but I’m also one of those people who errs on the side of caution when it comes to my tax forms.

kmill99---$160-$17030-100-PVB-Apr-0/21, 171/22, 90/23, 100/24- sent 6/17

....And we signed for our hopeful contract at the Poly (to pair with our AK hopeful contract! This one made the wifey one smiley girl... fingers crossed on our 2 contracts that neither gets swallowed up!!! We are anxious to officially join this club.

kmill99---$160-$17030-100-PVB-Apr-0/21, 171/22, 90/23, 100/24- sent 6/17

....And we signed for our hopeful contract at the Poly (to pair with our AK hopeful contract! This one made the wifey one smiley girl... fingers crossed on our 2 contracts that neither gets swallowed up!!! We are anxious to officially join this club.

I was looking at one very similar but have been holding off because of Poly2. Good luck!

Updated!

Good luck to everyone waiting :). I might not be able to update next week as I will be in Iceland (yay) but I'll get to it for sure the weekend after if I don't end up with a couple of hours of free time while away.

As well, I feel I should give a gentle and friendly reminder that a lot of people do follow this thread (and many other threads, of course) as "lurkers" and don't end up joining until they have something they'd like to post, which can sometimes be years after they started reading that forum (I've seen it happen!). I'd hate for someone to be really excited about becoming brand-new DVC members, wanting this group that they've been following to get excited with them, and then feeling raked over the coals because of suspicions of lower-priced contracts getting through. Though many are indeed taken, there are still many contracts that get through the drunken-monkey dartboard process, and some contracts might have a better shot since they aren't listed as International Sellers even though they are...etc.

TLDR: I would really like it if people were always made to feel comfortable in posting their data here and having us all be excited for them and with them, even if it's their very first post and/ or it seems oddly low. Thank you 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter