ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am hearing that Disney has a very limited number of VGC points to buy direct, someone I was talking to just bought a contract direct at $310pp and they are buying back VGC contracts now to get the points. 😱

I hope they don't buy back mine - I am hoping I hear back in the next week or so.
While it's possible that they did exercise ROFR on those contracts, it seems more likely that those points came through foreclosure and not through ROFR.

Holy cow that's a lot of different UYs!
I agree.

We have been watching the market for months and originally it was always going to be a contract for August/September/october because we usually travel to Florida in November (from Germany). And we have always read buy where you want to stay... it should be 40 - 50 points BLT or Poly for 2-3 nights MK and 1-2 nights BWV or BCV (BCV seemed impossible to us though) for epcot.

Since we do not get a Blue Card for contracts anyway and the price was really good, we just had to strike. And I think on the 2nd market you always have to compromise, where sep and oct fit and yes feb we get such somehow... in Germany there are Easter vacations. Haha.

I have been looking at everyone’s title company and not seeing the one I will be working with. Has anyone ever used or heard of Fidelity National Title & Escow of Hawaii? This is my first purchase and and my home resort is Aulani.
I think all aulani points go through them. They were great, got me the paperwork fast. We had everything in and closed a week and a half early. No issues. Now just waiting for Disney to do its thing.....

So after initially buying 2 BCV a year ago, we just got a small Saratoga contract offer accepted. We bought 2 BCV contracts with a total of 360 points and they were both loaded. So we had 720, 2022 points to use. We used them, and all of our 2023 points and have had to borrow 2024 points already. We thought 360 would be enough. We were wrong. We have had fun going on trips with 3 different sets of family and friends. And we have 2 more planned later this year plus gifted points to close friends. I hope this extra 80 will be enough.

So after initially buying 2 BCV a year ago, we just got a small Saratoga contract offer accepted. We bought 2 BCV contracts with a total of 360 points and they were both loaded. So we had 720, 2022 points to use. We used them, and all of our 2023 points and have had to borrow 2024 points already. We thought 360 would be enough. We were wrong. We have had fun going on trips with 3 different sets of family and friends. And we have 2 more planned later this year plus gifted points to close friends. I hope this extra 80 will be enough.
I feel like this may be us 🤣

spoiler alert: it's never enough :P

I fully understand this. Lol I have 500 points and it’s still not enough 🤣 We take family almost every time and everyone wants to go back. We love being there! I am waiting on ROFR for another 220 points! Hoping to hear next week 😊

Oh, it's so true. I started in 2018 with 100 beach club, added on 2019 Riviera direct to get the minimum requirement, then 2020 added on animal kingdom, then 2021 added on again at Riviera, and now I'm adding on OKW extended & Boulder Ridge! total of 848 points. Like... what?
In 2018 I thought 100 would be enough to go every couple of years... I guess I wasn't thinking I would go like four times a year, plus the family grew.

Oh, it's so true. I started in 2018 with 100 beach club, added on 2019 Riviera direct to get the minimum requirement, then 2020 added on animal kingdom, then 2021 added on again at Riviera, and now I'm adding on OKW extended & Boulder Ridge! total of 898 points. Like... what?
In 2018 I thought 100 would be enough to go every couple of years... I guess I wasn't thinking I would go like four times a year, plus the family grew.
And now with current incentives I want to add 152 direct at grand Floridian to make it an even 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter