ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! FYI, I have two BWV taken in the last month $132 and $137. My broker said he had one passes $148. If you have time to try then give them a shot. I have one now by international seller @$140.
Not feeling good about loaded double points BWV at $140 pp, dec use year. I just hope they do the killing mercifully quick so I can get on another right away. I would like to have something in place by June or July.

So now that both my June use year contracts have passed ROFR I'm selling my October use year SSR. It's been listed for a month. Not one offer. I'm guessing October isn't desirable or the price is too high, although it's lower than the broker suggested. Should I lower the price or just wait it out? I have it listed at $128 pp. Thoughts?
$128 doesn’t seem high- there are just a lot of SSR contracts on the market.

Not feeling good about loaded double points BWV at $140 pp, dec use year. I just hope they do the killing mercifully quick so I can get on another right away. I would like to have something in place by June or July.
Took 3 weeks before they dropped the boom

Question: If you bid on a contract that says they cannot close until July, do they still send the ROFR to Disney right away? Or do they wait until it's closer to the closing date?

We are now past 30 days waiting on ROFR for Boardwalk contract that was submitted 2/1
When you say you’ll have all the points before the 7 month mark what do you mean? ….you’ll still have two separate contracts that you’ll have to manage separately and can’t combine the points together. Are you planning on taking more than one trip throughout the year? If so, 2 UYs spread apart might be better.
Yea, I thought you can combine but after reading more I realized you can't ..... If I wanted a 1 bedroom once a year, I can do that though right? Just bank or borrow points on one contract and book then do the same on the other contract? They both only have 150pt and most 1 bedrooms are more than that. I'm just deciding if I should cancel one offer or roll the dice and just hope one goes through. By the looks of things these last 2 months it looks like neither will...

Yea, I thought you can combine but after reading more I realized you can't ..... If I wanted a 1 bedroom once a year, I can do that though right? Just bank or borrow points on one contract and book then do the same on the other contract? They both only have 150pt and most 1 bedrooms are more than that. I'm just deciding if I should cancel one offer or roll the dice and just hope one goes through. By the looks of things these last 2 months it looks like neither will...
Yeah you can bank and borrow per contract. After we went to ROFR I was kinda hoping they would take it so we could get a contract with more points...they didnt take it, then we went until the very last day for closing and I was hoping we would miss that so we could get a larger contract but the papers all came through on the final closing date! If you lost your deposit would that be worth it to get the same UY as the one you keep....and then be able to combine points as needed? And not have it be a pain with two separate memberships? Just weigh your options, I know deposits arent pocket change but over the life of the contract what will it be worth to you?

Yeah you can bank and borrow per contract. After we went to ROFR I was kinda hoping they would take it so we could get a contract with more points...they didnt take it, then we went until the very last day for closing and I was hoping we would miss that so we could get a larger contract but the papers all came through on the final closing date! If you lost your deposit would that be worth it to get the same UY as the one you keep....and then be able to combine points as needed? And not have it be a pain with two separate memberships? Just weigh your options, I know deposits arent pocket change but over the life of the contract what will it be worth to you?
Yea I'm still in the window where I can cancel an offer without losing my deposit, I might just do that and try and get another the same UY if it makes it though ROFR. If I did get 2 different UY can you combined the points once the 2nd UY is available? So if I have 150pt in Feb and 150pt in April can I combined them both in April or they have to be 2 completely separate points? (Sorry, very green to this)

Yea I'm still in the window where I can cancel an offer without losing my deposit, I might just do that and try and get another the same UY if it makes it though ROFR. If I did get 2 different UY can you combined the points once the 2nd UY is available? So if I have 150pt in Feb and 150pt in April can I combined them both in April or they have to be 2 completely separate points? (Sorry, very green to this)
No you can’t combine, you could do a transfer but there are rules with that. Just keep thinking of different use years as two different memberships. Almost like you’re two different people.

No you can’t combine, you could do a transfer but there are rules with that. Just keep thinking of different use years as two different memberships. Almost like you’re two different people.
Very helpful. Thank you!

Updated!

Sounds like we will have a lot of new neighbours over at VGF very soon 😃
Yes, the members are buying a lot of direct points at those prices. They fulfilled the 500 contracts with minimum 125 points in less either in the first day or beginning of the second day. In January RIV had around 466 contracts sold, average size was 188 points. I can’t wait to see the VGF2 numbers for the month of March and that would be just members. VGF2 is hot right now, will it continue and how will it affect RIV sales?

Yes, the members are buying a lot of direct points at those prices. They fulfilled the 500 contracts with minimum 125 points in less either in the first day or beginning of the second day. In January RIV had around 466 contracts sold, average size was 188 points. I can’t wait to see the VGF2 numbers for the month of March and that would be just members. VGF2 is hot right now, will it continue and how will it affect RIV sales?
I’d say so. With no resale restrictions long contract and the lowest dues. When you can get Disney’s premier property at SSR price, why not?

I can't imagine it won't hurt RIV sales by a big chunk, except we may not see the real impact until new buyers have the choice between the two. The question will be whether DVD, if it happens, decides to change course on resale restrictions.

I can't imagine it won't hurt RIV sales by a big chunk, except we may not see the real impact until new buyers have the choice between the two. The question will be whether DVD, if it happens, decides to change course on resale restrictions.
Do you think they can change resale restrictions for new VGF2 members? I’d think they’d change for everyone. Can they with the same condo association?

Do you think they can change resale restrictions for new VGF2 members? I’d think they’d change for everyone. Can they with the same condo association?

I was referring to removing from RIV. No, they can not change them for VGF2 points because it is already part of the same association and already being sold as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter