ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But seriously though. What is happening with BCV?! It’s a bloodbath. So curious what Disney is planning.

I love a good conspiracy as much as the next person, but at the end of the day, I believe DVC's strategy post-COVID is to sell and make money where they can make it. If that means buying back some BLTs and flipping them or buying back some BCVs and flipping them that is what they will do. We like to think that DVC or Disney, in general, has the grand multi-year plan and everything, but when you peek behind the curtain they are just trying to hit the next set of budget numbers and sales goals.

On a Saturday? Paul Krieger is working hard!

He certainly is--and as someone with a BWV contract that's currently pending ROFR (day 11)- it's much appreciated!

Speaking of working on a Saturday, does DVD ever send a ROFR notification (either passed or taken) to an agent on a Sat or Sun? Or will Monday be the next day for any notifications?

I love a good conspiracy as much as the next person, but at the end of the day, I believe DVC's strategy post-COVID is to sell and make money where they can make it. If that means buying back some BLTs and flipping them or buying back some BCVs and flipping them that is what they will do. We like to think that DVC or Disney, in general, has the grand multi-year plan and everything, but when you peek behind the curtain they are just trying to hit the next set of budget numbers and sales goals.
I could buy that, esp now that the’ve raised the direct prices. This is good news for owners knowing that Disney will never allow their product to go under in value. Still, I hope all conspiracies are discussed during the next show!

Yeah....my BWV contract @ $145 (260 pts) is looking like toast after seeing the Jan report--but hope springs eternal...
(11 days and counting under ROFR review)
I’m at $137 (150pts)). It’s a piece of prime steak for the big ROFR dog I’m sure. I’m done trying if that’s taken. I’ll just go buy some more SAP for booking P/G view room. I paid $160 last year for a 45ptr. It looks like a bargain now.🙄

Last edited:
I’m at $137 (100pts). It’s a piece of prime steak for the big ROFR dog I’m sure. I’m done trying if that’s taken. I’ll just go buy some more SAP for booking P/G view room. I paid $160 last year for a 45ptr. It looks like a bargain now.🙄
Im waiting ROFR on a 42 point BWV at $160 right now and hoping it passes.

I agree and think this is just another way to offer more resorts at a more reasonable price to push direct sales which have slumped since the closure.

I could buy that, esp now that the’ve raised the direct prices. This is good news for owners knowing that Disney will never allow their product to go under in value. Still, I hope all conspiracies are discussed during the next show!

But, selling direct for less will eventually depress the market. I don’t think this has anything to do with them wanting to protect resale value.

If 2020 never happened, and sales were what they were pre pandemic, ind bet we would not have seen these buybacks and these offers on sold out resorts.

Currently in the ROFR pool for BWV as well ($150 | 200 pts). I'm about losing my mind, and I'm just at 2 weeks. We were about to buy a direct that was locked-in at the old pricing when this contract came up. Now we'd be priced out of buying direct if my contract bid gets taken. BWV is my dream property (even with the 2042 expiration, which we see as saving us added expenses after retirement anyway).
Oh, what a problem to have :smooth:

LOL, I feel like Pete Werner buying Riviera after ranting about it for years. Really though. I’ve always professed nothing but love for the resort. My problem has always been the dues, which I believe will only get worse because of our political and economic situation. But in this case, I gave it a shot because it’s a good way to have some SAP with lower dues. I also have a Grand Villa stay in a couple of weeks for my daughter’s 7th birthday and I’m afraid it will ruin me forever. But it’s all moot. Consider it a sudden lapse in judgment. I’m back to my original plan of buying DLT.

BTW, where’d you find your 160 pointer?

lol. You’ll jump on the Aulani bandwagon eventually.

Bought it from board sponsor. There were two. Same seller. Both gone in under 15 minutes of being posted.

All I’m going to say is that Andy Berry is the absolute best!

He certainly is--and as someone with a BWV contract that's currently pending ROFR (day 11)- it's much appreciated!

Speaking of working on a Saturday, does DVD ever send a ROFR notification (either passed or taken) to an agent on a Sat or Sun? Or will Monday be the next day for any notifications?

I've personally never seen anything from them on the weekend. I honestly think that team works one day a week with the speed they work at. Lol

lol. You’ll jump on the Aulani bandwagon eventually.

Bought it from board sponsor. There were two. Same seller. Both gone in under 15 minutes of being posted.

All I’m going to say is that Andy Berry is the absolute best!
I don’t know about that. It‘s more than I’m willing to pay. In the long run, I believe even the subsidized dues will eventually pass those of BLT and VGF. It’s not critical for me to own AUL living in Hawaii. If anything, I may add more BLT resale and use those as SAP. I’m locked in on DLT though. Andy is also one of my resale guides and he is great.

If we were able to look at the average time all sold contracts are taking for ROFR, is that something you all would be excited to see? Obviously, there would be outliers, but I feel like that would be a fun number for people in ROFR limbo.
That might be interesting to see. Another metric might actually be which days produce the most ROFR responses, as there's always conjecture and innuendo about "Black Mondays", "Blood Bath Fridays", or "they only seem to work one day a week" etc. It might also provide some solace for those in ROFR limbo as well.

I don’t know about that. It‘s more than I’m willing to pay. In the long run, I believe even the subsidized dues will eventually pass those of BLT and VGF. It’s not critical for me to own AUL living in Hawaii. If anything, I may add more BLT resale and use those as SAP. I’m locked in on DLT though. Andy is also one of my resale guides and he is great.

That works for me. You keep me in check from buying more Aulani points. When they run the next promotion… I’ll be counting on you. 😂

If that is the case, and the sale is short term, it could help lower prices for resale when that happens. BLT was a hot property for ROFR in late 2021 through Nov. Now I've seen lots of passes since Jan. 1 under $165. Hopefully, by spring the same thing will happen with BCV and other 2042 resorts. The 2042 resorts technically have less than 20 years in them now. At some point their value will stop going up and then down. Disney may be making one last attempt to make some really good money off of them.

I agree. Popular promotions like this pull a ton of demand out of the resale market and direct it to Disney. But as we all know, it will depend what Disney does with ROFR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter