ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your selling paying all the closing costs and dues?

I just had an offer accepted but now I’m second thinking it, wondering if I got the best deal I could have. How do you all do this without having deal fomo? I guess that’s one perk to direct, knowing the price is the price and not wondering if you should’ve held out for a better deal.

As a general rule in life I try not to let the relative success or failure of others impact my overall happiness.

I don’t have the expectation that I will be the one who buys at the absolutely lowest price or sells at the absolutely highest price in any given market (car, house, stock/bond, DVC).

I make the best choice I can based on the facts available at the time and then try to shift my focus and energy to maximizing the value of the thing I purchased once it’s all said and done.

Last edited:

I just had an offer accepted but now I’m second thinking it, wondering if I got the best deal I could have. How do you all do this without having deal fomo? I guess that’s one perk to direct, knowing the price is the price and not wondering if you should’ve held out for a better deal.
Someone will always get a better deal. That's just the way it is. You have to be happy with the deal you got at a price point that you were comfortable at.

Someone will always get a better deal. That's just the way it is. You have to be happy with the deal you got at a price point that you were comfortable at.
Yup. Also, original purchase price as a % of total cost of ownership, even if you plan to sell before expiration, is small. I don’t sweat the PP much - amount and timing of points with our travels plans is much more important IMO.

Yup. Also, original purchase price as a % of total cost of ownership, even if you plan to sell before expiration, is small. I don’t sweat the PP much - amount and timing of points with our travels plans is much more important IMO.
Exactly, yes, for longer expiration properties. One can overpay pay $20 for AKL and it only adds about 57 cents per year. And that'll ultimately be a drop in the buckey compares to MFs. That said, I think we're close enough to 2042 expirations that overpaying for one is a consideration.

I get it. I just had my offer at VGC accepted and I know it will be hard to see when people get similar contracts at a better price. But I just wasn't willing to wait and see what happens with the market or risk losing a contract that suits us. So in the end, I picked a price I was comfortable with and just went for it.

I am currently in the boat of sellers not returning the closing documents timely. We returned our portions within two days. This Thursday will be 4 weeks since the closing documents were sent. I have been following up once a week to see if the sellers documents were received, but the title company (Mason) has not heard anything from the seller. The "close by" date is March 20th, so there is technically still time, but to not return documents timely and to not have any communication is very concerning.
I'm in that same boat - - 2 weeks of radio silence from our sellers, and its with Mason also. I hope we both get a response soon. FYI - after my third email to Mason, they actually reached out to the broker's agent to enlist their help in contacting the seller...........

I think that there is a natural lull…We will see what happens next later in the year… I predict the market will continue to trend lower throughout the rest of the year.
I think people are coming to grips with the reality that what they have now is worth much less than it was this time last year. The market is in the process of resetting. It will be interesting to see how low things go. Watching carefully with a pile of money at the ready ;)

I'm in that same boat - - 2 weeks of radio silence from our sellers, and its with Mason also. I hope we both get a response soon. FYI - after my third email to Mason, they actually reached out to the broker's agent to enlist their help in contacting the seller...........
I sent the follow up email this morning asking them to tell the sellers that I will be moving forward with purchase cancellation if we do not hear back from them... lets hope that nudges them a bit! My broker has been CC'd on the communications so she is aware of the delay/lack of response from the seller. Not sure if she also reached out to them or not though.

Whoa! BLT listed at $125!
I don't know what the disboards rules are - but I find it less than helpful if someone just posts a low price without saying where they saw it posted or more details. Was this a 100 point contract or a 500 point stripped contract? I've seen a couple, where I noted that price was not available at the listed site - and was told the posters made typos. If we're sharing info, it's helpful to be sure it's correct and verifiable if possible - otherwise we are just manipulating the market. (FYIW - I personally have no BLT (although love the location), so no horse in this race).

I don't know what the disboards rules are - but I find it less than helpful if someone just posts a low price without saying where they saw it posted or more details. Was this a 100 point contract or a 500 point stripped contract? I've seen a couple, where I noted that price was not available at the listed site - and was told the posters made typos. If we're sharing info, it's helpful to be sure it's correct and verifiable if possible - otherwise we are just manipulating the market. (FYIW - I personally have no BLT (although love the location), so no horse in this race).

When sharing things from sites, someone should just post the link...sharing too many details can be seen as a work around to promoting sales....which we don't allow.

So, to answer your question, no, we don't want people to start sharing details of contracts for sale. Post a link and go from there...
Heads up though...if the broker is filtered, then posting details even with the link is going to be see as a violation because you are then sharing content from the site.

Listed for $165, the same seller has an almost identical contract up for sale as well abit a handful less 2022 use year points.

Let me see if I can post a link.

https://www.****************.com

Sorry
I just agreed to purchase through the resale company you found this contract. This is my first time using them. How is the process going so far? Were you able to choose which lender to go with or did they just pick one for you?

It's been established there is no verification process and there does not need to be on this site. People can just say whatever. Even though the board allows a platform for people to say whatever, they do not feel it necessary to verify and validate. Always do your own due diligence!

It's been established there is no verification process and there does not need to be on this site. People can just say whatever. Even though the board allows a platform for people to say whatever, they do not feel it necessary to verify and validate. Always do your own due diligence!
I am not sure what your focus is continuing to make this point-or what conspiracy you believe is happening?

pianomanzano---$75-$23132-270-BRV@WL-Jun-0/22, 540/23, 270/24- sent 3/13

Never thought we’d be adding on points, let alone a 2042 resort, but here we are! We loved the refurb and love WL. Can’t wait for Christmases at the lodge!
wow! that is an awesome price, are you getting those banked 22 pts for free too?

I am not sure what your focus is continuing to make this point-or what conspiracy you believe is happening?
"....continuing to make this point.." --I haven't been on in a week and I replied to someone who was touching on the integrity of the information. I'm not sure why you can't see the point or think I am trying to push conspiracy theories. This board is a platform for people to share information and the fact is (right or wrong), it's not verified or validated. So again, people should do their own due diligence in any transaction. Not sure why it's difficult for you to grasp that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter