• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve got to the point where I’ve been searching the quickest gap between sent and passed. So if all things go well, I could be looking at 1st March. But you know I’ll be waiting until 31st March now 😂

Hopefully tomorrow is a busy day! I’m hoping to hear this week…add-on-itis is real and just as “stressful” as waiting on that 1st contract.

Me too and I don’t have an August use year either!

Is it just me that doesn't think this is a great deal? 43 points shy of double points... plus an admin fee of $225. This will likely go for asking price, but with prices falling and no ROFR, I feel like better deals are on the horizon. I know I'm in the minority here.

Is it just me that doesn't think this is a great deal? 43 points shy of double points... plus an admin fee of $225. This will likely go for asking price, but with prices falling and no ROFR, I feel like better deals are on the horizon. I know I'm in the minority here.
I mean, that admin fee works out to like an extra dollar thirty per point is all…

I mean, that admin fee works out to like an extra dollar thirty per point is all…
For contracts over 100, I view the service fee as minimal and not impactful. Being able to buy at 130 without having to find that one seller that is reasonable, I’d be all for it.

Me too and I don’t have an August use year either!
It would have been a great contract for me but since I purchased 180 points at SSR I was not planning on another 150.

I have been following 100 point contracts while I wait for my second vacation payment to come in. I have BLT, SSR, BWV, AKV and BRV set on my search.

I made 3 offers recently, all reasonable offers (compared to what's been selling/listed here, not so reasonable to their asking), none were accepted, but one was countered at $3 less than asking. lol
On one hand I wouldn't be able to pass up a great deal on a dream location, but at the same time, maybe waiting for VDH & poly will change things, as well as my mind on "the perfect location/contract".
I spent last week making offers on SSR. I offered what I was willing to pay based on what I've seen pass here. I made a list of contracts I liked and started down it making my offer. Didn't take it personally when they said no. After only 6 offers, one accepted. With the glut of SSR on the market, those others can keep their overpriced contracts. I knew eventually, someone would bite. Obviously if you are wanting something hard to come by, you might have to meet them a little but otherwise, just keep moving. There's always another contract. Maybe in a month I'll be sorry I didn't wait the fall out some more but I figure there's a chance ROFR starts up again and I'd be kicking myself.

After only 6 offers, one accepted. With the glut of SSR on the market, those others can keep their overpriced contracts. I knew eventually, someone would bite. Obviously if you are wanting something hard to come by, you might have to meet them a little but otherwise, just keep moving. There's always another contract. Maybe in a month I'll be sorry I didn't wait the fall out some more but I figure there's a chance ROFR starts up again and I'd be kicking myself.
We excepted a $168/point offer last fall on our VGF contract that was listed at $178/point I think. We kinda saw what was coming with the economy and actually settled on a reasonable offer....... which a lot of people seem to not want to accept yet.... including some brokers. It will take sometime for the reality of the situation to hit people in the face and sell for a loss if they have to over they next few years.

I spent last week making offers on SSR. I offered what I was willing to pay based on what I've seen pass here. I made a list of contracts I liked and started down it making my offer. Didn't take it personally when they said no. After only 6 offers, one accepted. With the glut of SSR on the market, those others can keep their overpriced contracts. I knew eventually, someone would bite. Obviously if you are wanting something hard to come by, you might have to meet them a little but otherwise, just keep moving. There's always another contract. Maybe in a month I'll be sorry I didn't wait the fall out some more but I figure there's a chance ROFR starts up again and I'd be kicking myself.
I paid $104 for 180 SSR points 450 points for 2023 and 2024 and I know I could have found another contract for less but I wanted a contract to book an August trip. I can be more patient with my next offer.

I was surprised that when it was noted that "only full price offers will be accepted" it was a real thing, like why ask for offers then, just make it say buy now. lol

We excepted a $168/point offer last fall on our VGF contract that was listed at $178/point I think. We kinda saw what was coming with the economy and actually settled on a reasonable offer....... which a lot of people seem to not want to accept yet.... including some brokers. It will take sometime for the reality of the situation to hit people in the face and sell for a loss if they have to over they next few years.
You should be glad you did. Now VGF seems to be shifting into the 150s… someone even has one on this board for 138 or so….

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter