ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid $104 for 180 SSR points 450 points for 2023 and 2024 and I know I could have found another contract for less but I wanted a contract to book an August trip. I can be more patient with my next offer.
Yeah we wound up at $93pp for 100 at SSR. Not in a rush and all I cared about was low enough number of points to pay cash and December use year (even though I hate it). I just want to add on a few SAPs while I wait out Poly2 or even better a direct firesale at BLT. 😂
Honestly though your price is pretty equivalent with it being stacked like that. Ours was stripped of the 2022 points but I don't need the points until 2024 so not a big deal.

So here's an offer/dues question since I guess this part is a little fuzzy for me. If a contract had, for example, 100/200(2022)--- 200/200(2023)--- 200/200(2024) pts, are the dues you pay at closing the 2022 dues, or the 2023 dues? As in....you would offer to pay HALF of the dues (since they used half of the 2022 pts) or are you actually paying the 2023 dues (in which case you would pay all of it.)

So here's an offer/dues question since I guess this part is a little fuzzy for me. If a contract had, for example, 100/200(2022)--- 200/200(2023)--- 200/200(2024) pts, are the dues you pay at closing the 2022 dues, or the 2023 dues? As in....you would offer to pay HALF of the dues (since they used half of the 2022 pts) or are you actually paying the 2023 dues (in which case you would pay all of it.)
The dues I was expected to pay were only what they had paid in 2023. So my most recent contact was 175/22, 350/23, I only pay dues on 175 points in 2023 as it is a 175 point contract.

You would pay dues for 22023 points at closing. 2022 dues are in the past and they are free to you. You could however offer paying half of the 2023 dues.

minorthr---$111-$14138-110-AUL-Apr-0/21, 110/22, 220/23, 110/24-seller MF '23 & closing/ subsidized dues- sent 1/9 passed 2/2

apparently our contract passed ROFR on 2/2 the broker never contacted us until I emailed them yesterday to get the status.
And the sellers weren’t curious where their money was after almost 3 weeks?

I've gone months without submitting client invoices or expense reimbursements in the past. So, yeah, it could happen.

[I've since gotten better about this.]

I've gone months without submitting client invoices or expense reimbursements in the past. So, yeah, it could happen.

[I've since gotten better about this.]
I might see a busy broker failing to jump on a few hundred in commish, but 14 g’s is a good bit of cash for a seller to be laissez faire about.

Yeah. It is. I know. DW was always very "concerned" whenever she realized how much I had let build up in AR.

One broker gave me a very gentle and polite scolding, telling me that sellers aren't in such a market where they are forced into accepting offers $20+ per point less than asking (it's massively over-priced.) And was my offer a typing error? 🤣 Obviously sellers can ask whatever they want, and no one can force them to accept an offer.

I received a couple of similar replies. My favorite, by far, was telling me that one of my offers was better suited for Saratoga than Animal Kingdom... 🤷‍♂️

I received a couple of similar replies. My favorite, by far, was telling me that one of my offers was better suited for Saratoga than Animal Kingdom... 🤷‍♂️
They sure think animal kingdom commands a premium these days. People on here are getting BLT contracts for the same price (or less than what they are listing AKV at). I’ve seen riviera small point contracts listed recently for less than AKV. I know the RIV points are restricted but the contract has 13 years more and RIV is on the Skyliner and a much newer resort. Idk when they will finally be reasonable about AKV prices. I’m wanting a small contract but would rather go without than pay what they are asking. I’m happy to just wait for poly2 if I’m not going to save much buying resale.

You can negotiate dues. Since we are already in 2023, I’d offer to just pay those since dues are based on calendar year and not UY.

That is how it works direct. Resale can be different so you get to decide how to handle your offer.

Yeah. It is. I know. DW was always very "concerned" whenever she realized how much I had let build up in AR.
We do about 95% of our work for insurance carriers, so we typically have somewhere in the mid-seven figures outstanding at any one time, with receivables hovering around 90 to 180 days (although we've had larger bills split between carriers or tied up in subrogation that have gone over 365 days). We had one bill that exceeded $100K that sat for nearly 2 years.

Having said all of that, the difference is we actually pursue all of that debt, rather than letting it sit until someone decides to pay us (although you end up waiting anyway, LOL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter