• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't the admin fees added to the cost of the contract. So you may pay more with the fee ($1.32 per point) but I don't think you can claim that is a savings when most resellers don't do that. Maybe I'm wrong.
Admin fee is normally paid by the buyer. And no other brokers charge it that I’m aware of. I’d have to add the $225 to my total costs if I was paying.

Cfabar1---$167-$11033-60-VGF-Dec-0/21, 0/22, 40/23, 60/24- sent 2/4, passed 2/21

Nevertheless, so excited to now be an owner at VGF. I’ll be buying more points soon - either Direct if necessary or resale if I can get another contract in my UY at a decent price. We are so excited!
December is a very common Use Year at the VGF. Last chart I saw (before VGF2) it was the 3rd most common. You should be fine adding to that UY. I don't think that's a bad price for a small VGF contract either. We'll be neighbors :)

Admin fee is normally paid by the buyer. And no other brokers charge it that I’m aware of. I’d have to add the $225 to my total costs if I was paying.
Maybe others do not charge Admin fees - but I saw the www.dvcresalemarket.com quote for their "affiliated" Escrow/Title was over two hundred dollars more than Mason (I called and asked Cammy for a quote). Since I paid closing costs, I asked (had to ask a couple times) to use Mason and that saved me $235 on a small contract. I would not have "walked away" over $235, but I detest hidden fees. On a offer thru www.dvcbyresale.com I did like when you make an offer (maybe just if it is a less than full offer ?) there is a drop down menu to let you pick your Title/Escrow and giving you each of their prices upfront. They are a bit low-tech (no digital signing, so extra steps for documents) but I liked their being upfront about charges.

Last edited:
Maybe others do not charge Admin fees - but I saw the www.dvcresalemarket.com quote for their "affiliated" Escrow/Title was over two hundred dollars more than Mason (I called and asked Cammy for a quote). Since I paid closing costs, I asked (had to ask a couple times) to use Mason and that saved me $235 on a small contract. I would not have "walked away" over $235, but I detest hidden fees.
I have never purchased a contract from the board sponsor lol. All the ones I own lol. I know Fidelity uses First American for less but they are so slow. Mason also takes the most on the credit card.

It was on Fidelity BWV June $100 150 99/22 300/23 150/24
Sold in minutes at asking cause someone I know tried to offer.
It’s a good thing I didn’t see this because I’m building up my June UY!
Waiting for confirm from broker that the seller signed but just got a 100pt June UY BCV Contract @ $122.50 w/ 91 free 2022 banked points. Paid too much?

It’s a good thing I didn’t see this because I’m building up my June UY!
Waiting for confirm from broker that the seller signed but just got a 100pt June UY BCV Contract @ $122.50 w/ 91 free 2022 banked points. Paid too much?
It’s quite a good deal for BCV! I just bided on a few BWV and waited for one to bite because I wanted a deal of a deal. There was a 2x loaded one agreed on $107 but they backed out.

Responses like that are just dripping with hubris and self-importance. The whole, "No low ball offers, I know what I've got" idea ignores the reality of "but everyone else actually knows what it's really worth". With that logic, if I post an SSR contract at $250 PP, I'm not an idiot, but existing in a market that only I am able to fully comprehend.
Maybe, doesn’t it depend on the selling price? If I were selling a contract, did my homework, and came up with a reasonable, non inflated price that I thought was fair, I wouldn’t entertain any lowball offers either.

Maybe, doesn’t it depend on the selling price? If I were selling a contract, did my homework, and came up with a reasonable, non inflated price that I thought was fair, I wouldn’t entertain any lowball offers either.
Oh absolutely. I commented on another thread about offers dropping to ridiculous levels. I was talking more about the dismissive nature of SOME of the responses people get. I mean if an offer is as ridiculously low as my hypothetical was high, I'd definitely not respond, but if within a reasonable range I'd likely politely refuse (hoping that equal thought had gone into the offer).

Last edited:
Chia1974---$90.68-$17450-170-BWV-Apr-62/22, 195/23, 170/24-Seller pays adminfee- sent 2/21

Seller pays Fidelity $225 admin fees so it’s less than the sale price of $92. Too bad 2022 points will expire.

I paid $140 around the same time last year.
Oh man... I said no more 2042 resorts but if prices drop to that, how am I supposed to resist? Makes me wish I could call back my SSR offer for $93 that's in ROFR right now. 😢

And the sellers weren’t curious where their money was after almost 3 weeks?
Closing isn’t until April7th. They had trip planned with expiring points. Eventually I guess the closing packet would have just shown up at our house if I hadn’t sent the email.

Everything is negotiable. Last April I bought a VGF thru Fidelity and the sellers paid the $225 and all closing costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter