• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of had the same experience 2-3 weeks ago. Offered many AKV on multiple sites listed in 130"s at $110. Many would not even counter and none below $120. I finally found one on Fidelity that agreed to $110. The next week some of the ones I had offered and would not come below $120 was listed on here as bought for $110 & $100.
I had the same experience, I offered on about 6 different contracts, only had one come back as a counter offer - and it was $3.00 cheaper. (they wanted 135 for AKV, I offered 105) I'm glad they didn't accept, since then I've seen better loaded contracts for much cheaper.

I had the same experience, I offered on about 6 different contracts, only had one come back as a counter offer - and it was $3.00 cheaper. (they wanted 135 for AKV, I offered 105) I'm glad they didn't accept, since then I've seen better loaded contracts for much cheaper.
Yea, when you're $30+away from each other, & they counter at $3 less, you know you're wasting your time. lol

They were asking $145, I had offered $125 (they countered at $142), & ending up buying elsewhere for $99.

Leeesa---$92-$14625-150-OKW-Jun-150/22, 150/23, 150/24- sent 2/20, passed 03/2/23!!!!

I am so excited !!!! Hopefully closing docs come fast!
I've got my fingers and toes crossed that we will hear today as well. One of ours was sent to ROFR on 2/20 as well!! Congratulations!!

This happened so fast, I never even got to submit our offer here. And I thought there was no way they wouldn't take it back. Original asking price was $60 a point

J3nn78---$54-$29625-480-HH-Jun-0/22, 271/23, 480/24- sent 2/20, passed 3/2
You must be GV hunting for summer😜

I'm really interested to see the month over month change in purchase prices....I feel like the market is reaching equilibrium without ROFR support. Low priced listings are getting snapped up in under 24 hours. Hopefully the coming DVC Resale Market monthly commentary will chat about what they are seeing especially since they are relatively high priced listings. How many are still moving at those higher prices as compared to past periods?

Clearly the resale market is strong especially considering how quickly “right priced” contracts are moving. Eventually the well will dry up and prices may go back up just like at the start of the pandemic.

My offer was $36 below asking which is why I knew it would not happen…but they kept jumping out at me and figured best way to cure was offer!

They did counter with $2 less than asking. I’ll wait and if I start to see listing within $20 to my price ranger..$110 To $115...then I’ll try again!

Lots of other great deals but since I need points good at RIV the only resale that works is RIV…and it’s too new to drop quickly this soon.

My VGF offer was $33 below and I thought no way, they didn’t even counter. Now like others are saying, I wonder if I could have gotten it a couple dollars lower but at $137 pp on a small contract, I’m really really happy.

Last edited:
This happened so fast, I never even got to submit our offer here. And I thought there was no way they wouldn't take it back. Original asking price was $60 a point

J3nn78---$54-$29625-480-HH-Jun-0/22, 271/23, 480/24- sent 2/20, passed 3/2

Congratulations!

I always wondering if I should sell where I want to stay to load up on points to get “fancier” rooms. How else do people get grand villas, bungalows, or cabins unless you in the 1K point club and much cheaper to get there through HH!

Clearly the resale market is strong especially considering how quickly “right priced” contracts are moving. Eventually the well will dry up and prices may go back up just like at the start of the pandemic.

Mine VGF was $33 below and I thought no way, they didn’t even counter. Now like others are saying, I wonder if I could have gotten it a couple dollars lower but at $137 pp on a small contract, I’m really really happy.
Yes, this one surprised me because it's one of the only ones (save VB and HHI) that have gone markedly lower than what the introductory sales price per point was (with the at the time incentives). I think we bought SSR at $94, BLT at $110(?), VGF1 at $145 and PVB at around $150-$160 IIRC...

Usually, I think of original on sale buy in as a "psychological" floor that people may have (Not, I bought in in 2019 price, I mean what the price was when these originally went on sale by DVD). I mean, I think if I remember right that OKW was around $50 a point when it first went on sale back in the early '90s...

ETA: Not that this is what prices ARE in the market, just that this may be why you see some hesitation sometimes on Sellers

Yes, this one surprised me because it's one of the only ones (save VB and HHI) that have gone markedly lower than what the introductory sales price per point was (with the at the time incentives). I think we bought SSR at $94, BLT at $110(?), VGF1 at $145 and PVB at around $150-$160 IIRC...

Usually, I think of original on sale buy in as a "psychological" floor that people may have (Not, I bought in in 2019 price, I mean what the price was when these originally went on sale by DVD). I mean, I think if I remember right that OKW was around $50 a point when it first went on sale back in the early '90s...

ETA: Not that this is what prices ARE in the market, just that this may be why you see some hesitation sometimes on Sellers

I was just talking with a colleague and her aunt bought OKW in 1995, we think around 55-60. To sell in now she gets her initial “investment” back minus dues but had about 30 years of fun.

Through resale I got PVB at $132 and VGF at $137. It would have been nice to buy direct and have all the perks but I bought when direct for both those locations was between about $210 to $250. So I’m really happy. But if PVB comes out swinging with some insane direct offer, I would probably sell my resales. Assuming it’s priced with incentives at the numbers you are quoting when you bought.

Congratulations!

I always wondering if I should sell where I want to stay to load up on points to get “fancier” rooms. How else do people get grand villas, bungalows, or cabins unless you in the 1K point club and much cheaper to get there through HH!
Don't be fooled by the low purchase price... HHI dues are $10.73pp and with only 19 years of points left that is $2.84 per year for a total of $13.57 per point. These SSR contracts even at 100 are $11.09 total, in the same range as the HHI dues alone... VB is even worse at $12.85 dues. If you are buying those, hopefully it's because you really want to stay at those resorts. The dues tend to be a higher portion of our cost and when they're that much higher it's not really a deal for sleep around points. plus they expire in 2042...

I have been checking the data.

Just got done looking at SSR recorded deeds for February.

100 point contracts sold for a range of $100 to 133. There were 11 I checked the average was $115
120 points went for $92.50
130 point for $105

These sales were likely from December/January

I searched using a dollar range of the deed tax. The range was $65 to $100

I might redo it and search $50 to 64 to see how many 100 point contracts are in that data set. There were no 100 point contracts in this set.
Is the deed doc tax a set percentage of the sale price?

Edit - just figured it out LOL - I guess I forgot what I just paid for my SSR because I couldn't get the .007 to match my deed doc tax - but once I used the right price per point it worked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter