ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are now on day 13 since ROFR submission and still haven’t heard back. I see lots of contracts have received answers that were submitted after ours. Hoping we hear something soon.

We are in the same boat. It’s hard to be patient.
SSR 3/3 sent to rofr.

Before I found this board I was mentally prepared for 30 days but after seeing multiple contracts submitted after mine that had already been approved I have to say I’m a little worried now. I think based on price we should make it through but I’m still a little nervous.

Did you call? or just submit and email. Sometime calling works better.
Just an offer via their website and received the standard 'we received your offer' autoreply email. I'm more just curious than looking to push anything. Our mindset is if it happens, it happens 😄

Does fidelityrealestate.com not respond to low offers? Or do they not respond to all offers if they receive a higher offers than yours? Or are they just inundated with work that it takes them a few days?
I’ve always heard back on offers from them, usually within a couple hours. I made an offer on Saturday and that one took a little bit longer to hear back on.

Does fidelityrealestate.com not respond to low offers? Or do they not respond to all offers if they receive a higher offers than yours? Or are they just inundated with work that it takes them a few days?
I’m in the same boat! I placed a low offer last week and the agent said she’ll present it to the seller and get back to me. I sent multiple emails asking for an update and no response

I submit low offers fairly regularly (I'm ambivalent about buying but prices are getting closer to my range). In my experience, Fidelity responds pretty quickly and matter-of-factly. Sometimes, brokers provide information that is useful for me. As in: this contract received an offer just below the asking price today, or: this seller is not in a hurry to sell and is seeking the full asking price. Same with the board sponsor.

I've had some annoyed responses from other companies (as in: please keep in mind you too, may need to sell one day, or: a "reasonable" offer is much more likely to be entertained than seeking "desperate"), but I assume that is because my offer is a waste of their time for a particular seller. I understand this reaction and don't take it personally.

If your offer is of interest to the seller, they will get in touch with you.

The broker let me know that the seller is "working on their documents", that it is a "small but tedious deal" and to "take a deep breath" after notifying them that there are other contracts I would be happy to put an offer in on if this one is not going to go through.

Not sure how I feel about that response, but probably the last contract I will be buying from this broker. (broker not related to this board)

I feel as though four weeks to return the closing package is a little ridiculous. Things happen, but to have complete silence for this long, then get snarky when asking for an update is unacceptable IMO.
When I was shopping around for my last resale purchase I was horrified at the lack of professionalism, and knowledge of fiduciary responsibility by many Broker's. Unfortunately, since it's resale you can't always pick the Broker or Firm you'd like to deal with, but I've certainly got a name or two that I'll never buy from no matter what they have listed. Honestly, one is at a company I used and would use again but not him.

Overall, you are the buyer and if the seller can't meet the terms of the contract then you can walk. Sorry you're dealing with a Broker that is treating you like that, it shouldn't happen. Best of luck.

I submit low offers fairly regularly (I'm ambivalent about buying but prices are getting closer to my range). In my experience, Fidelity responds pretty quickly and matter-of-factly. Sometimes, brokers provide information that is useful for me. As in: this contract received an offer just below the asking price today, or: this seller is not in a hurry to sell and is seeking the full asking price. Same with the board sponsor.

I've had some annoyed responses from other companies (as in: please keep in mind you too, may need to sell one day, or: a "reasonable" offer is much more likely to be entertained than seeking "desperate"), but I assume that is because my offer is a waste of their time for a particular seller. I understand this reaction and don't take it personally.

If your offer is of interest to the seller, they will get in touch with you.
I have just started communicating with one broker at Fidelity recently and I received good info on the first offer (contract sold and the price). I submitted a second offer and haven't heard back in 54 hours (no response to e-mail and phone calls). I'm ready to move onto offering on another contract there, but might have to just reach out to that broker directly.

We also had to wait longer than others for our PVB contract to pass ROFR... wondering if it's a poly thing.

I actually just received an update from our concierge agent that Disney is still reviewing our contract for ROFR but “all is well”.

Hopefully we get an answer soon. It does seem like PVB contracts might be taking a little longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter