ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it passes or doesn't pass, Do notify you via email or phone?

Disney notifies the DVC Resale company, then the DVC resale company notifies you.

I got both an email and a phone call. I was sitting down at the time, thankfully. Sooooooo disappointed. Especially since this is my first try. Looking at all the nice YouTube tours of different DVC resorts etc. It just broke my heart man. Felt like just giving up and going direct.

Disney is betting on that by stripping the discounts and special perks and making the resale ROFR unpredictable. I bet those ROFR guys check these boards for fun and joke about it with each other.

Last edited:
Disney notifies the DVC Resale company, then the DVC resale company notifies you.

I got both an email and a phone call. I was sitting down at the time, thankfully. Sooooooo disappointed. Especially since this is my first try. Looking at all the nice YouTube tours of different DVC resorts etc. it just broke my heart man. Felt like just giving up and going direct.

Disney is betting on that by stripping the the discounts and special perks and making the resale ROFR unpteductable. I bet those ROFR guys check these boards for fun and joke about it with each other.

I guess there is no rhym or reason as to which properties they decide to buy back? I am waiting to hear on a loaded property for SSR and have a bad feeling they will buy it back. :( I guess we have to just keep trying if that's the case! It's still cheaper than buying direct from Disney.

ROFR seems to be a roll of the dice. We recently had 2 BCV contracts, both @ $93./pt Dec UY. The first was 175 pts taken 2 weeks ago. We immediately got an accepted offer on a 200 pt which passed yesterday. You just have to keep trying. BTW, both were fully loaded contracts.

All fixed!
The Goof Troop---$76-$17000-200-SSR-Jun-200/16, 200/17, 200/18- sent 2/2
Perfect! Love the name BTW... The goof troop!

nigelr---$72-$35850-469-OKW(E)-Mar-0/16, 309/17, 469/18, 469/19-EXTENDED-2057 sent 1/25, taken 2/7

I was really looking forward to this, but the mouse had other plans.

They sell that direct for $145 a point now so that was pretty low for an extended contract. Would have been a great deal... Sorry! Submit another offer. You'll get a contract, no worries.

Mine too! I'm a basketcase now, we submitted on the 24th and I'm crapping myself! haha
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! :scared:

Disney needs to realize that the people interested in resale are likely going to be the ones going more regularly and spending a ton of money

Not true. They want to sell new. That's where they make their money. DVD doesn't care at all about resale.

CameoGrace---$110-$19080-160-BLT-Jun-0/15, 0/16, 160/17, 160/18- sent 1/25, taken 2/7

I had a feeling this was coming with the other buybacks, especially BLT, but still a bummer.

Sorry! Just try again. You'll get one eventually. Not a big deal in the long run I promise!

disneylovinfamilyof6---$105-$15750-150-BCV-June-56/16, 300/17,150/18- sent 2/6, waiting...
Woo-hoo BCV! I hope it passes. I'll see you poolside at SAB! In the mean time could you please click the link on post #1 to fix the formatting so it can go on the list when our ROFR operator in chief finally runs out of points and comes back??

Thanks!

Woo-hoo BCV! I hope it passes. I'll see you poolside at SAB! In the mean time could you please click the link on post #1 to fix the formatting so it can go on the list when our ROFR operator in chief finally runs out of points and comes back??

Thanks!

Fixed - thanks! See you at SAB. So excited. BC has been on my wish list for years

I don't have the time to research this right now, but I suspect that if your contract doesn't have any current UY points (or a small number banked into the next UY) it makes it much less desirable during ROFR.

I realize that DVC will usually ROFR contracts with crazy low PP prices (a rare occurrence), but if they need points to sell a contract that doesn't have any current points (or say no points for X+ months) is not useful to them. They can't generate replacement points out of thin air correct?

I am waiting on ROFR on SSR (100 points) too but my contract only had 5 2016 points left, which were banked into the next September UY. A similar contract (same UY and points) was taken 3 weeks ago, but that one was loaded AND for $10 more per point. Now just because DVC wanted one contract like that doesn't mean they need another, but I am very interested to see if I make it through ROFR given my price was so much less than the one they just took.

I guess there is no rhym or reason as to which properties they decide to buy back? I am waiting to hear on a loaded property for SSR and have a bad feeling they will buy it back. :( I guess we have to just keep trying if that's the case! It's still cheaper than buying direct from Disney.

I don't have the time to research this right now, but I suspect that if your contract doesn't have any current UY points (or a small number banked into the next UY) it makes it much less desirable during ROFR.

I realize that DVC will usually ROFR contracts with crazy low PP prices (a rare occurrence), but if they need points to sell a contract that doesn't have any current points (or say no points for X+ months) is not useful to them. They can't generate replacement points out of thin air correct?

I am waiting on ROFR on SSR (100 points) too but my contract only had 5 2016 points left, which were banked into the next September UY. A similar contract (same UY and points) was taken 3 weeks ago, but that one was loaded AND for $10 more per point. Now just because DVC wanted one contract like that doesn't mean they need another, but I am very interested to see if I make it through ROFR given my price was so much less than the one they just took.

I guess time will tell! I would be shocked if my contract went through as I have 200/16, 200/17, 200/18. I have been researching backups though!

Nope. Disney is legally required to retain 2% of the points at any resort. Buying a stripped contract could free up their obligation elsewhere. Disney can break up or combine contracts to find the current points they need in order to sell a contract direct. They don't care if it's stripped or loaded.

Stop trying to understand how Disney makes their decision to exercise ROFR. The non-public information they have plays such a large role, you'd never be able to decipher their process. Just make whatever offer you're comfortable with for the contract you want and roll the dice.

Submitted our other contract today. First time we've had multiple contracts in ROFR at the same time.

disneylovinfamilyof6---$107-$24350-210-BLT-Aug-58/16, 420/17, 210/18-Seller paying CC- sent 2/8

Submitted our other contract today. First time we've had multiple contracts in ROFR at the same time.

disneylovinfamilyof6---$107-$24350-210-BLT-Aug-58/16, 420/17, 210/18-Seller paying CC- sent 2/8

Good luck on this one. That's such a rich contract... So do you have plans to go should you acquire those 58/16 that you'll have to use by July this year?

Good luck on this one. That's such a rich contract... So do you have plans to go should you acquire those 58/16 that you'll have to use by July this year?
I know - I'm pretty concerned about ROFR.
And yes, we're AP and only about 6.5 hrs from Disney, so I will put them to good use. ;) Probably as an add on to one of the 3 summer trips we have booked. If not, it's an excuse to book another!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter