• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised the seller accepted that offer - $82PP for SSR ??
Every once and a while you will find things listed at really low prices. Normally it's not through a "traditional DVC" broker. But some of the prices from the dump my timeshare places can vary wildly. I've seen recently BCV for like $65 a point and I've seen SSR listed at some places for $80 and on the same site they will list SSR at $150. So it's super random. The BCV one I wished I would have seen before an offer was made because it was an incredible steal, but most likely was bought back by Disney.

AAAAAHHH IT FINALLY CAME!!!!!

Zimwicket---$104-$22122-200-AKV-Sep-0/19, 84/20, 200/21, 200/22-Buyer pays 2020 dues- sent 8/10, passed 9/22

WOOO!!!!! Uhg, 43 days!!! Closing isn't until November though since seller had a vacation booked. Won't see all my shiny new points for a while :(

I could have bought SSR back in 2009/2010 for around $60/point. Even at $82, it’s a profit.

I bought in 2017 for $73 and $75/point. Even at $82, I’d get my money back. So I could see someone wanting to sell and if they bought low, they still did well!
I could see that - if the seller just wants out, and it doesn't matter to them if the money comes from you or me, or Disney. :earboy2:

Duckbug.Ducktales---$105-$10500-100-SSR-Oct-0/19, 200/20, 100/21, 100/22-sell pays MF/closing- sent 9/12

I have hope that even though seller paying MF and closing adds to the appeal for Disney to take it, the price pp is still higher than 100 so maybe this one will work!
So I learned yesterday that the title company hadn't sent this to Disney until yesterday, they were waiting on seller signatures. So to revise:

Duckbug.Ducktales---$105-$10500-100-SSR-Oct-0/19, 200/20, 100/21, 100/22-sell pays MF/closing- sent 9/21

So I learned yesterday that the title company hadn't sent this to Disney until yesterday, they were waiting on seller signatures. So to revise:

Duckbug.Ducktales---$105-$10500-100-SSR-Oct-0/19, 200/20, 100/21, 100/22-sell pays MF/closing- sent 9/21
I feel like I lost ten days of waiting haha. On the plus side, it'll be longer until this gets reviewed, so maybe by that time Disney will be over gobbling up SSR contracts.

AHHHHH I feel like this whole thing has taken forever. Just to top it off, my husband hasn't traveled for business since June. He left Monday morning and OF COURSE the the closing documents are here and need to be notarized ASAP, which will take us at least a week. If this were any other week it would have been in the mail a few hours later. :(

So excited to see this, mine was sent the same day and at $140 for 270 points, and it's an international seller. Makes me feel pretty good I don't need to be worried.
For me as a seller it didn’t matter if Disney took it or not. I’m of course happy for the buyer.

All I need to do now when I get the closing docs is to visit a local notary and afterwards get an apostille and then wait for the funds in my account subtracted the firpta ofc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter