ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased PVB direct a few years ago and was planning to wait to add on, but the price seemed right to add on now. My family loves AKV and the value seems there.

Last edited:
You guys are noticing the same things I am - AKV is dropping under $105.
I put the offer in at the asking price but I’m fully preparing for Disney to take it. I’m not sure if these contracts are one-off situations. I’m still seeing a lot of other contracts over $105

I put the offer in at the asking price but I’m fully preparing for Disney to take it. I’m not sure if these contracts are one-off situations. I’m still seeing a lot of other contracts over $105
Maybe you'll get lucky. I took a chance on BLT thinking they might take it but I made it through! Right now they don't seem to be buying much back which is all the better for us resale buyers.

I purchased PVB direct a few years ago and was planning to wait to add on, but the price seemed right to add on now. My family loves AKV and the value seems there.
Yeah this is a good comparison vs if you bought direct since there are no points in the contract. Bit of a bigger contract which always is on the lower end but still interesting. I benchmarked mine off 105/pp then assumed if I paid about $6-8 for the points in the contract that was fair.

Let's hope it goes through, good luck!

Agreed - but they are sitting longer. Now, if you buy 200 points, a $5 price difference is $1000 - which if you are looking for a specific use year and a specific contract might be worth the difference. In my case, my first resale contract was my first contract, so I did not have any reason to pay more. I offered $103, which was full price, accepted and made it past ROFR. I would not have paid $110 or $115 and I have seen several at that price per point - that have sat for a long time.

Agreed - but they are sitting longer. Now, if you buy 200 points, a $5 price difference is $1000 - which if you are looking for a specific use year and a specific contract might be worth the difference. In my case, my first resale contract was my first contract, so I did not have any reason to pay more. I offered $103, which was full price, accepted and made it past ROFR. I would not have paid $110 or $115 and I have seen several at that price per point - that have sat for a long time.
Same on bay lake, there is a $20 per point cost difference between some of the listed contracts. The first one I offered on was the same use year as my existing contract. They didn't want to go any lower so I moved on. They just lowered it to $147 but that particular contract has been sitting since August 5th. Price was more important than matching use years to me.

Same on bay lake, there is a $20 per point cost difference between some of the listed contracts. The first one I offered on was the same use year as my existing contract. They didn't want to go any lower so I moved on. They just lowered it to $147 but that particular contract has been sitting since August 5th. Price was more important than matching use years to me.

Just for others..I am sure you are aware...different UYi is an entirely different membership and therefore, points can’t be combined for a single night stay without a transfer.

Just for others..I am sure you are aware...different UYi is an entirely different membership and therefore, points can’t be combined for a single night stay without a transfer.
That is very helpful information. Thank you! As someone new to DVC I’m so glad I follow these boards.

Yup. I'm planning to alternate usage between the two contracts so it shouldn't be too bad, but I'm sure at some point it will be a bit of a hassle. But, it turns out april is a hard use year to match, which I didn't realize when I bought my first contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter