ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prices have dropped it seems but be careful, because although not reported here, there ARE rofr's occuring in the last month. Sample size on this thread is not big enough to be representative unfortunately and there are people out there asking for direct points.... Just be careful with the low bids if your heart is set on it.

Prices have dropped it seems but be careful, because although not reported here, there ARE rofr's occuring in the last month. Sample size on this thread is not big enough to be representative unfortunately and there are people out there asking for direct points.... Just be careful with the low bids if your heart is set on it.

Its a good idea for people go back through the last few threads. While things can change I think it at least gives you an idea of what has been passing and possibly getting taken historically. Then you can decide on how much you want to roll the dice or how easy it might be to find the contract you are submitting again.

So glad these threads exist.

I’m anxious to see the ROFR report for October that’s put out by the one resale company. It does seem like generally a lot are passing on their site too. My first contract I shot a bit high to be safe, but for this last one the low prices was how I could justify my add-on-itis!

I’m anxious to see the ROFR report for October that’s put out by the one resale company. It does seem like generally a lot are passing on their site too. My first contract I shot a bit high to be safe, but for this last one the low prices was how I could justify my add-on-itis!

Report is out. Buybacks continue to be low!

Report just came out. Buybacks are still low for October! Seems like excellent news for those of us waiting.

I'm surprised that they haven't bought back any Poly points, to at least try to set a bottom for resale prices.
yup, and I thought I got a screamin' deal until I saw this: poofyo101---$125-$28125-225-PVB-Dec-0/18, 336/19, 225/20-seller pays closing- sent 9/18, passed 10/8

yup, and I thought I got a screamin' deal until I saw this: poofyo101---$125-$28125-225-PVB-Dec-0/18, 336/19, 225/20-seller pays closing- sent 9/18, passed 10/8
I would have bought another one at the price you paid as well. Yours was also a screaming deal imo.

I'm surprised that they haven't bought back any Poly points, to at least try to set a bottom for resale prices.

I'm surprised too, but for a different reason. What's PVB direct - $235? And they are still selling direct points. I realize it's not 100% profit, but just how much of a difference in price do they need to exercise ROFR and flip the points? $100? The average is getting close to that number. Plus, it's not like PVB MFs are that high if they needed to sit on them for a little while.

Very curious to see what it will take for PVB to get bought back. With all the contracts out there, we might find out soon.

Wow 15 buybacks in October and Old Key West leading for buybacks. The report is definitely showing a dramatic shift these last two months in their approach. Here's the link for anyone that's curious and doesn't know what report we're talking about.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-right-of-first-refusal-report-rofr-october-19-report/
The ROFR rate for contracts sold by DVC Resale Market in the first six months of 2019 was 20.3%. For the last 4 months it has been 12.4%.

Just as surprising as the low number of buybacks is the continuing dramatic drop in the number of resale contracts sold in the second half of 2019 so far. In the first six months of the year DVC Resale Market averaged 341 contracts sold a month. The last four months they have average 245.5 contracts sold per month. A contract volume drop of 28%.

Those number should signal some significant price drops which we really haven't seen yet.

Wonder what the buy back rate for VGC is now in the past 2 months since they started buying it back?

I noticed when I was shopping this time around that contracts really don't seem to be flying off the shelves the way they had earlier this year. But a lot seem to also be priced based on what the owners could've gotten earlier in the year and don't really reflect current pricing.

I noticed when I was shopping this time around that contracts really don't seem to be flying off the shelves the way they had earlier this year. But a lot seem to also be priced based on what the owners could've gotten earlier in the year and don't really reflect current pricing.

I agree, I considered selling BWV at around $135 to start but realized quickly it was too high. Lowered by $10/pt and got an offer within a week, and settled in at $120. Like anything, when it’s priced at market rate, it goes fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter