ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we put another offer in on a SSR contract and it was accepted. I'm very doubtful this one will pass since it is $98/pt - but I figured they can't take them all - right? Right? This will be our 3rd attempt in 3 weeks. 3rd time lucky? I'll post again when I get the contract and deposit into the title company. Oh boy! Here we go again.
No sense not trying. With ROFR coming back so quickly you may as well keep trying. You are right. They cant take them ALL!

Thanks! We're an international buyer (Canada) and I thought that may have been why we can't seem to pass ROFR. Our first attempt was at $97/pt and our second attempt was at $102/pt. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.

Canada here to and I didn't pass ROFR. Giving it another try. Put a bunch of offers out but so far no luck. We are honed in though only on BLT.

Canada here too, and passed ROFR with two low offers, so do not give up.

Thanks, good to hear that it isn't a CDN thing. My only problem is that I am not finding anywhere near as good of a deal as I got. Apparently getting the seller to pay closing costs, plus full banked points, 2020 MF paid and $140 a point is too good to be true(hence Disney taking it). I have some sellers down into the high $130's so far but I really would love those banked points.

The ROFR monster strikes again! "tis but a flesh wound", I say, "Have at you! Come on!"

Bruggok---$140-$28324-180-BLT-Sep-0/19, 267/20, 180/21, 180/22- sent 11/9, taken 11/12

(joke) maybe I need to put in a high offer and get the seller to secretly pay me back. in cash and unmarked bills only.

Out of curiosity, has anyone that passed ROFR in the month of November had their title company receive the estoppel certificate yet?

The ROFR monster strikes again! "tis but a flesh wound", I say, "Have at you! Come on!"

Bruggok---$140-$28324-180-BLT-Sep-0/19, 267/20, 180/21, 180/22- sent 11/9, taken 11/12

(joke) maybe I need to put in a high offer and get the seller to secretly pay me back. in cash and unmarked bills only.
as I suspected. Now they are going after BLT. possibly slowing down on the VGF buy back now to focus on BLT.

SAME! :rotfl: We've got a 230 OKW in ROFR now that will nearly double our point total. Did I need 230? No. But that mind game of "If they want more per point for 160 than these other sellers want for 230, it's really a small difference. And who couldn't use more points?" It's a slippery slope!!
Definitely smart to excercise the ‘what if...’ and see net impact- if the value speaks to you, go for it!

Out of curiosity, has anyone that passed ROFR in the month of November had their title company receive the estoppel certificate yet?
We did- passed last Friday and heard back from title company late in the day Monday. Although part of me suspects we passed sooner and the broker didn't tell us right away because we were at day 38 I believe and I sent an email to the broker and then they responded next morning we passed. Hope you hear back soon!

Admittedly, I am stalking this thread. I had a thought though. My contract specifies that we cannot close before April 2021 (not a big deal for me because we don't need to use the points in 2021 at all). Does anyone have an idea how a delayed closing may impact ROFR? Is it more likely for Disney to pass because they don't want to exercise the option and then have to delay in getting the points.. OR is it more likely that they'll sit on making a decision because they know we can't close anytime soon?

I know, I'm driving myself a little nutty with this whole thing. I just want my DVC points.

Admittedly, I am stalking this thread. I had a thought though. My contract specifies that we cannot close before April 2021 (not a big deal for me because we don't need to use the points in 2021 at all). Does anyone have an idea how a delayed closing may impact ROFR? Is it more likely for Disney to pass because they don't want to exercise the option and then have to delay in getting the points.. OR is it more likely that they'll sit on making a decision because they know we can't close anytime soon?

I know, I'm driving myself a little nutty with this whole thing. I just want my DVC points.

I have been involved in 5 delayed closings...some as seller and some as buyer. All of them passed ROFR in the same timeline as what others were passing,

I don’t think passing was based on the delayed closing because the price was also in line with what was passing, but it did not delay the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter