ROFR Thread October to December 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent my first ever offers this last weekend. Some accepted and sent to rofr, one still pending seller response.

tatebeck---$99-$21181-200-BWV-Sep-0/22, 0/23, 85/24, 200/25- sent 12/3

tatebeck---$138-$15867-100-BLT-Sep-0/22, 100/23, 100/24, 100/25- sent 12/3

tatebeck---$138-$15867-100-BLT-Sep-0/22, 100/23, 100/24, 100/25- sent 12/3

And 1 offer waiting on a response from seller for AKV Sep use year 260 pts

Yes, there were 2 identical BLT contracts. Jumping off the deep end into DVC lol
Good luck.

A BLT deed just posted that went for $114 per point. It was purchased by the holding company we mentioned earlier in this thread. It was for 500 points, and they paid $57,000.

That leads me to ask does it make sense to purchase so many points on an individual contract. My sense is that 200 points is about as large a contract as I would go. Even if I felt I wanted 500 to over a thousand points I would just buy in smaller batches.

I realize the size of the contract is why the price was so low but I mean as the original purchase not at resale.

A BLT deed just posted that went for $114 per point. It was purchased by the holding company we mentioned earlier in this thread. It was for 500 points, and they paid $57,000.

That leads me to ask does it make sense to purchase so many points on an individual contract. My sense is that 200 points is about as large a contract as I would go. Even if I felt I wanted 500 to over a thousand points I would just buy in smaller batches.

I realize the size of the contract is why the price was so low but I mean as the original purchase not at resale.
I agree and don’t think it makes sense to buy over 200 points in a single contract, but periodically those really large ones pop up. Especially for favorite weeks - I think there was one for an AUL GV week 52 a while back? Sometimes you have to wonder what the original buyer was thinking, or was told, or was not thinking!

I agree and don’t think it makes sense to buy over 200 points in a single contract, but periodically those really large ones pop up. Especially for favorite weeks - I think there was one for an AUL GV week 52 a while back? Sometimes you have to wonder what the original buyer was thinking, or was told, or was not thinking!
There is an OKW on sale for 1308 points at $60 per point. I wonder if it will ever sell.

We've got a 200 pt BCV contract and I plan to ride that one into the ground. But for something longer (206X's), like we're eyeing CCV resale next, and I think, even though I'd love 200 total, I wouldn't do more than 100 pt individual contracts and just buy them in batches. I'll pay extra for the closings of course, but later if I want to peel some off or just get rid of all of that resort then it'll be easier to sell the smaller sizes.

Plus, comparing what's out there I'm not seeing a big price diff at 200 pt listings vs 100 pts. But of course, asking prices and sold prices will vary.

So yeah, I'd never buy a 500-point contract unless I was in it for the long haul. Seems like you could really be committing yourself on that one.

That deed actually appears to have been for 2 contracts, 250 points for each contract. If you do a bit more searching on the Orange County Comptroller's database about these holding companies, you can find Affidavits that they are required to execute and record (likely as a requirement for title insurance to be issued to the purchaser) when they sell these contracts from these LLC holding companies. These Affidavits have the notarized signatures of the people who can sign for the LLC holding companies. The holding company in this case for this deed in particular had the affidavit signed by its manager who is Tony Adragana, the President of DVC Rental Store according to their website.

If you search for Affidavits on the Comptroller's database, you will see these affidavits executed by many different LLC holding companies, all by World of DVC officers/high level staff. It appears that World of DVC is buying these contracts in volume through these various LLC holding companies and is renting out the points from them commercially. Once they have rented out the points thus stripping the contract, it's time to unload and sell the stripped contract as a phenomenal sign and stay deal.

If you search for Affidavits on the Comptroller's database, you will see these affidavits executed by many different LLC holding companies, all by World of DVC officers/high level staff. It appears that World of DVC is buying these contracts in volume through these various LLC holding companies and is renting out the points from them commercially. Once they have rented out the points thus stripping the contract, it's time to unload and sell the stripped contract as a phenomenal sign and stay deal.
Now it makes sense why sellers are willing to pay closing costs for those sign and stay deals. We have a contract up for sale with them right now and inquired about listing it under the promo and quickly took that suggestion back after realizing that sellers were on the hook for the closing costs.

That deed actually appears to have been for 2 contracts, 250 points for each contract. If you do a bit more searching on the Orange County Comptroller's database about these holding companies, you can find Affidavits that they are required to execute and record (likely as a requirement for title insurance to be issued to the purchaser) when they sell these contracts from these LLC holding companies. These Affidavits have the notarized signatures of the people who can sign for the LLC holding companies. The holding company in this case for this deed in particular had the affidavit signed by its manager who is Tony Adragana, the President of DVC Rental Store according to their website.

Yup, that’s why they have so many stripped contracts for sale at the higher end of the market…

Good work! Guessing these were "Instant Sales" through DVC Resale Market then.

I think 250 points is also a little too big for an individual contract. Personally, I wouldn’t go any higher than 200, and even those don’t sell as quickly as lesser point contracts.

Yup, that’s why they have so many stripped contracts for sale at the higher end of the market…

Just complete sleeze on their behalf. And just to be clear... I dont have an issue with World Of DVC selling inflated contracts. What I have a problem with is them marketing them as "you asked for it, and we found a way.." BULLCRAP sales and marketing garbage... Offering (like its a good thing) No Credit Checks and No Money Down but completely stripped contracts at 18%. You know they are catering to the people with zero $$. Its so very sad what the timeshare sales industry has become. Gotta hand it to the World of DVC. They hired the best Disney sales people that know how to throw around the "magic"....
Now Im starting to wonder who the real P.O.S.'s are.. Pete, or The World of DVC.

What's the dues $11000 or so.

I bet you could rent a 2-bedroom condo in February for less than $11,000. And you save the purchase price.
But then I could only use it in Florida …. With this I could also go to Aulani for nearly a month if I wanted to….

660 points purchased all at once! Hopefully your sellers are covering dues or else that's a hefty bill come January :D
We're paying all 2024 dues for the available points I think. One only had us paying for 2024 dues, not 2023, the others 2023 too if available. But two of the contracts are semi-stripped for 2023/2024 so less dues this year until 2025 when most of the points will be available again. We have a trip already booked in Feb so getting some semi-stripped contracts for the first year wasn't a huge deal if we could get them for a good price :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter