ROFR Thread October to December 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
LindyDis---$87-$20938-210-BRV@WL-Aug-0/22, 210/23, 210/24, 210/25-24 MF in total-buyer- sent 10/5

The total includes $18270 for the points, $656 closing fee, $225 service fee, $1787 maintenance fee for 2024.

Since it the closing will be so close to December 6, the 2024 MF is required to be included in the sale. The $1787 is the estimate. The seller already paid the 2023 MF. There is another $150 resort/estoppel fee that will be paid by the seller and I did not include it in the total.

The ROFR monstser is keeping me awake at night.

$125, we offered list price!
Following all contracts closely for the last few months straight and this is the phenomenon I've noticed. You just have to keep watching like a hawk and a gem will show up out of nowhere priced way lower than it should start off for. I don't necessarily understand why someone would do that unless they needed money...like...yesterday! So many of those "gem" contracts like the one you got can be priced 10-15% higher and they would still probably sell in a day or two. Gotta move fast on those! Great snag!

Edit to note I've made offers of 130-135 on much larger BC contracts without the double points you're getting and sellers won't even get close with a counter. It's such a game...an expensive one! But a fun game nontheless!

Following all contracts closely for the last few months straight and this is the phenomenon I've noticed. You just have to keep watching like a hawk and a gem will show up out of nowhere priced way lower than it should start off for. I don't necessarily understand why someone would do that unless they needed money...like...yesterday! So many of those "gem" contracts like the one you got can be priced 10-15% higher and they would still probably sell in a day or two. Gotta move fast on those! Great snag!
It's most likely that they paid $89, 10 years ago (or whatever the price & timeframe) and they don't want to haggle, or waste time & just want it gone. So they list it for what they think is fair & will go fast... and just like that, its gone & done.

It's most likely that they paid $89, 10 years ago (or whatever the price & timeframe) and they don't want to haggle, or waste time & just want it gone. So they list it for what they think is fair & will go fast... and just like that, its gone & done.
Hey to each their own! But just like how I've mentioned I don't understand people who make huge ticket purchases with no research whatsoever I also don't understand people who are fine not maximizing profit on something like that. To me, to take an extra day...maybe...to get say another grand or something like that is worth it to me. But it takes all different kinds lol!

Hey to each their own! But just like how I've mentioned I don't understand people who make huge ticket purchases with no research whatsoever I also don't understand people who are fine not maximizing profit on something like that. To me, to take an extra day...maybe...to get say another grand or something like that is worth it to me. But it takes all different kinds lol!
As many people pay more for a contract than they should as sell for less than they should.

I couldn't agree more, I have to shop around, and know that I'm on top of what the going rate is and get the best deal, buying or selling. but most people have more money than i do, so maybe they just don't care. lol

Yep! Based on a deed search, they bought the contract before beach club villas even opened and likely got it for $75pp.

Public records show Disney took a VGF contract at $135/point on 9/27. May have been one of the rumored ones earlier last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter