Roll call for the 10/23/2004 Western Magic. Who's with us?

Well, a short note from Lynx and Impala

I can only echo all the words Beano, Pam and others have said. It was a GREAT cruise and wonderful to meet you all. We spent 2 days at WDW to try and ease ourselves back into the bad old grey world. We did the new stitch escape .... it was fun, and the adventurers club on PI.

So now we are both back at work, depressed, its raining and now looking forward to the next cruise the 7 day eastern, in Feb 06. Although something tells me we will be going back before then.

Next trip... Monterey CA for thanksgiving....:-)

Hope to see you all again soon...

regards

Impala

Hi Everyone!

We got back late Saturday night - but we are still trying to recover :)

On Sunday we were busy with laundry, carving pumpkins and trick-or-treating. Yesterday, I was trying to catch up at the office. Sunday's weather wasn't too bad, but yesterday and today have been 46 degrees, overcast, rainy and just plain yucky! On the plus side, Dan & I are going to Orlando Thursday night (he has a conference next week and we are going to have a long weekend at WDW for just us!)

The cruise was great and we all had a wonderful time. So great, that we rebooked for the same cruise next year. We'll be on the Magic again for the Oct 22 Western. We are repeating the western in hopes of getting to Grand Cayman this time and because we had such a great time snorkeling at Cozumel. Next time, we may not even bother to get off the ship at Key West - we'll see...

We really enjoyed meeting so many fellow DISers on board. I hope everyone has made it home safely.

Tinkerfun: Julie, did you ever find your camera? How is Rob's ankle? I hope those events didn't spoil your vacation ....

Soccermom-Cheri - I just sent you an email that is sharing an Ofoto photo album with you. There are a couple really cute pictures of Cassie.

Skylynx and Impala: Let us know when you have time to get together. I'll get photos onto a CDROM for you. Did you get any at the wine party? My camera seems to have been in some weird mode and everything is blurry....

I have started writing my trip report. It looks like it will be VERY long. It is already on page 4 and I haven't quite finished the first day! I'll let you all know when I finally finish and post it.

Pamela

Hello, Everyone

Skylynx here, muttering about the miserable Eeyore weather and the amount of stuff to catch up with. I haven't even unzipped the laundry bag yet...guess I'm waiting for spontaneous combustion to eliminate the whole unpleasantness for me.

It was wonderful to meet everyone...Beano & RonnieJo, thanks for letting us defile the elegance of the Roy suite with frat party behavior and my garish sombrero.

Cheri, Tim, Kamy, et. al. guess it is safe to say you all lived up to expectations!

Dana and Steve, it was so nice to see you again, and it was pretty funny to bump into you and the rest of the gang again at the Adventurer's Club post-cruise. I have no doubt our paths will cross again, and that's a nice thought to consider.

Pamela and Dan...what can I say, but let's get together again soon! Who'd have thought you'd need to go on a cruise to Mexico to make some great friends in your own neighborhood?
:-) Yes, I did get some great (read: incriminating) pictures at the DIS cocktail party. The one of Dan in the sombrero has already been submitted to USA Today. (No, not really.) We'll make our CDs too and have a CD swap-a-rama Real Soon!

Dudettes...LOVED the flamingo capris at the sailaway gala!

We have decided that the only way to definitively recover from disembarkation depression is to have another cruise booked before we leave the ship. We're booked on the Feb 4, 2006 (wow, that seems far away) Eastern cruise. Though as John said, I have a feeling we'll be on another before then, even if it's another 4 day Wonder to placate the kids who didn't get to go on this one.

Reality bites, but we can at least start a new countdown ticker and early roll call thread. Plus we've got about sixteen million digital files to print off, and the scrapbook to do, crushed items in the luggage to identify, etc...

Hi All!!

Reality does indeed suck. That was confirmed when we got off the ship on Saturday and there were messages waiting for me from my boss telling me to be in New York the next day. So much for easing back into normal life. Oh, well.

Anyway, it was great getting to meet the whole gang on this cruise (Beano, Renee, Kamy, Tim, Dana, Steve, Pamela, Dan, Carla, Brad, etc. etc. etc.). I hope everyone had as much fun as we did! If we're lucky, we'll hook up together again on future cruises.

It's also too bad that it sounds like Sat morning bedlam prevented a lot of us from saying proper good-byes.

I don't know who all has booked your next cruise or for when, but we'll be in SR 8532 on the 10/29/05 Eastern cruise.

I'm already counting the days (from NY, unfortunately).

Chris

Hey Beano..thanks for posting your cruise photos, I really enjoyed looking at them...
Especially since I lost my digital camera on Castaway Cay, with over 230 phots on it of our week at WDW and our week on the cruise. (It was our first trip to WDW and our first cruise.)

At least I have 4 photos from shutters, one from Planet Hollywood and 2 underwater cameras filled with pictures of fish!

My husband still has his memories of his sprained ankle from the day before CC and is kind of glad I don't have those photos...although I do have the bill!

But, we still had a wonderful time and have re-booked for 10/2006.

Sorry I didn't get to really meet you guys, but we got a lot of great family time in and the DIS boards really help us prepare.

Julie,
California

Originally posted by BeanoC
Hi everyone.

I posted a few photos today of our cruise, mostly of the Roy Disney Suite. (Hey, I paid for it, I can show off a little, huh?) :)

I have many more good pics, but strangely, a number of them are unsuitable for public display! LOL

You are all sooooo fun!!! I love the way you all coordinated your clothes. Beano, you, Renee, Tim and Kamy are "Cruise Pros"!!!

We'll be on the Holiday Magic, which will be fun, but without a doubt it would be 'Supa Fun' if you all were joining us. Hopefully we'll cruise together again soon.

Say hi to everyone for me.

Pam
Timmmay!!!!! :laughing:

Vicky!! Um, I mean Pam!! :teeth:

We wish you guys had been there too! Better start thinking about next October... we're cruising on the 29th. Bring Butch with ya! :p

'Beano':cool:

Originally posted by BeanoC
Vicky!! Um, I mean Pam!! :teeth:

We wish you guys had been there too! Better start thinking about next October... we're cruising on the 29th. Bring Butch with ya! :p

You mean I get to cruise with the famous BEANO...this is Fran and Dave's sister and I will be on the 10/29/05 cruise!

Hi Betsy,

You're Fran AND Daves' sister?? So they're brother and sister as well?

I KNEW there was something funny about those 2! :crazy:

Only kidding guys! You know we loves ya. Dave, I have some great video of you as J. Travolta. :teeth:

Welcome aboard Betsy!

If anyone is interested, I have posted my VERY long trip report from this year's cruise. There are pictures also...

This link will take you to Part 1

Pamela

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter