Roll call for the 10/23/2004 Western Magic. Who's with us?

We can't leave until Friday night because of John's miserable Bridge over the River Kwai boss. We don't get in until late, and so are just crashing at some Hampton Inn on Palm Parkway for easy exit and escape the next morning.

I am taking 7 pair of shoes, not including my swim fins. I have special flipflops that match a Minnie/Mickey tropical sundress and I'm wearing them to Parrot Cay. Most of the other shoes are highly impractical (that's why I love them) :-)

Finally got my Disney Store CM i.d. card...(just in time to lose it) but it will still work for the cruise!!!! We plan on hitting Company D and Property Control back at WDW since this will probably be the only time I can use my card. I want to get at least a CM watch or something to commemorate this Brief Shining Moment.

Still have the sparkly jewelry and cosmetic/sunscreen type stuff to pack. I'm letting John wrestle our big white fluffy Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel bathrobes into the space bags. It is our one ridiculous luxury. We love to park ourselves out on the verandah in those robes, drink wine, and pretend we do this all the time.

I can't believe one week from now we'll be in Costa Maya. Can't WAIT to see everyone at the sailaway party.

Ladies....Don't forget your black gloves and tiaras for the glam photo shoot before second seating on formal night in the atrium outside Lumiere's! I'll feel silly there all by myself!

Ok, we are a two-car family again!

We finally got my wife's SUV back from the dealer, all fixed up and ready to roll. We leave tomorrow afternoon.:earsboy: So I guess we will keep posting until sometime tomorrow morning!

Patrick - "my tiny buttocks"?? Now that was DEFINITELY TMI!! :earseek: (Especially since mine is gigantic!) I gots to buy you some beers and fatten you up !

Anyone seen "The Day After Tomorrow"? I bought the DVD to watch on the plane... any good?:confused:

We touch down in Orlando at 3:30 PM on Thursday, and since the cruise isn't until Saturday, we are forced to spend the interim at the Poly!:hyper:

Bring on DisneyWorld!
Bring on Disney Cruise Line!
Bring me a beer.

'Beano':cool:

Denise - You won't be silly all by yourself - I promise! Despite DH's groans, I have packed gloves and tiara! I have managed to get everything into the suitcases, but we did have to add a duffle bag to the mix for the snorkle gear and Darrah's life vest :( That puts us at 1 large suitcase (largest airline allows), 1 medium suitcase, 1 garment bag and 1 duffle bag. There is also a carry-on for the cameras, jewelry, medicines, etc. and possibly a small "kid carry-on" with Darrah's books & toys for the plane ride and his teddy bear. I don't think we have EVER had this much luggage for a trip!:eek: A typical WDW trip for us is 2 suitcases and 1 carry-on. At least we don't have a stroller to lug around anymore!

I printed the nametags today and finally found the self-adhesive pinbacks for them. I'll bring them to the sail-away meet and everyone can assemble their own nametag! If Beano is there, I'll give him any of the extras that don't make it to that meet in case they come to the wine party. I only made one set, so we should try to remember to bring them to the wine party.

Well, time to go drag DS away from his latest art project and get him ready for bed - sigh....

Travel safe all of you who are heading out! We will be leaving home at 4:30am on Friday morning.

Pamela

Okay, just had to share with everyone...

My darling husband surprised me tonight with an early anniversary gift...

A NEW RING...

I'd been having problems with my old set, diamonds kept falling out that were channel set, and we heard that sometimes happens, it's like dominoes, once one gets loose, they all follow suit and can fall out eventually...and I don't ever take them off.

Anyway...long story short...I have a new ring...actually it's a NEW RING!!!! And it's officially BLING, BLING....I've never owned anything like this in my life!!!

I love this man, I love this man, I love him, I love him, I love him (as pigeons circle all around us in a town square in some foriegn country). :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I'm so excited, can you tell!?!

Dana - you GO, girl !! :cool1:

Lemme check that out ... hold on, better put my shades on! :cool2:

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Woo-hoo!

Steve, you da man! :worship:

See you guys Friday; call us at the Poly if you get in early, otherwise we'll see you at WL !
:wave2:

'Beano' :cool:

Ah, Pamela, I knew you wouldn't let me down...and thanks again for making nametags for us all!

We have packed one huge duffle, one huge hard-sided suitcase, two carry-on rolling bags and a backpack. Oh, and we packed an empty nylon suitcase in there, too, to fill up with stuff we know we'll accumulate. It is the dress up stuff that takes up the space...all those shoes!

John and I have this Love Boat vision of us climbing back on board after Cozumel with sombreros and a pinata in a shopping bag, just like the Love Boat passengers, but happier. Then we'll wave at total strangers from the gangplank...In fact, we make watching old Love Boat episodes part of our pre-cruise ritual.

Dana...what a lovely surprise! I've got a new ring, too ;-) so we can check out each others' bling bling! Hold on to that man!

Got a million loose ends to tie up before we evacuate drizzly gray Chicagoland, including lesson plans for my college English classes (my Department Chair is subbing for me...yoiks!)

See ya real soon!

Dana that is awesome! Go Steve...you rule! :cheer2:
Well, Beano and the family be safe on your trip! We will see you on Friday with lots of hugs! :grouphug:

To everyone who is leaving early...be safe and can't wait to meet you all!!

To those of us sticking around....this stinks!:bored: No seriously, time will fly by...I still have to finish packing!!!!

I am so ready to see ::MickeyMo and ::MinnieMo and and bake in the :sunny: !! This trip is going to be so cool::yes::

Steve, you cheating on me again with your wife...thats ok, i got me a ring too...kinda, but it is attached to my nipple...haha. Geesh the board has gotten sss....lll....ooo....www... Down to a day and a half of work...woo hoo. I can't wait to get on that plane and dream about being on the ship...my boss was telling me some good stories about the trip, he has gone down there once or twice. Well back to work, well actually lunch.

patrick:smooth:

Thanks everybody...

My bosses were thoroughly impressed this morning. They said I'd probably have a hard time working today because every time I start to type, I'll get distracted by my new ring. They figure they'll walk in and catch me just zoned out staring at it. LOL

I'm still all giddy over it. :)

Beano & fam - have a safe trip and we'll be seeing you on Friday!

I've still got to pack, which I plan to do tonight, then tie up a few loose ends...try to actually work tomorrow...then, we're outta here!

Can't wait to meet everyone new and see all our old friends. This is going to be one rocking trip! One I'm sure will be hard to top.

Well, got tons to do at work today...you'd think I was going on vacation or something. LOL Oh wait...I AM!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: ::yes:: ::yes:: :hyper:
:wave2:

HI ALL WE ARE JUST ABOUT TO LEAVE FOR THE AIRPIRT NOW. :Pinkbounc \SEE YA ALL ON THE SHIP, CAN'T WAIT TO MEET ALL OF YOU.
HAVE A SAFE TRIP ALL

SEE YA REAL SOON

FAITH :wave:

Pat- yeah this is gonna be a slow moving thread now....
:bored:
Some of us don't get to leave early....
:((
LOL! No problem though...we get more time to "preheat the excitement"!:bounce: Not that it needs it! :tongue:

I am so ready for some R&R and some fun with my friends....can't wait.....
:boat:

I am SO looking forward to some sun and warmth! It is currently 51 deg. F, cold, clammy and cloudy. I am about to pick up DS from Kindergarten and take him to a local Halloween farm (rides, haunted house, etc.) that we visit every year. Obviously, we have to go today or not go at all this year which doesn't seem to be an option :( Aargh - I am going to freeze!

As I stand out in the cold watching the darn rides go round and round I am going to keep saying "only one more day, only one more day" and all the other parents are going to think I am nuts!

Pamela

Pamela- we just moved from MI to FL in July and I know what you mean...my mom said it was high 55! Here it is in the 80's...:sunny:
Not trying to rub it in, just saying that I understand and I would NOT think you were crazy.....
Just think....one more day! Can't wait to meet you!!:wave:

I am trying to rub it in. I tried for years to get transferred to FL and when we finally do, you are not trying to rub it in? Come one.

It is 80°+ today. Not so sunny but definitely nice. It gets to a point when you don't think that 80° is warm. Now is that weird or what?

...and so, the time has come. :)

The bags are packed, the dogs are at the kennel, the car is full of gas, the kids are out of school.

We're outta here!!!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Can't wait to see everybody! We've alll been waiting a long time! See y'all in a couple of days!

Beano has left the building.

Well, got my shopping done, and only spent 130 dollars....clearance is great! Although, still got a few minor things to get like toiletries but those dont count. Yeah, crappy day here too...like 50 and rainy, i have warned all my friends and coworkers that i will be calling them and rubbing it in on friday and saturday. My hair is nice and short...ok, starting to get a little excited now, better calm down before i go crazy.... See everyone soon.

patrick...aka p-dawg :smooth:

DENISE: Just wanted to tell you the two other Disney Dudettes don't know it yet but they have TIARA'S to wear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: Won't they be surprised? I just hope they will go for it. I also have my black gloves!

Countdown to Orlando... Disney Dudette #3 & I leave at 7:00 AM tomorrow morning (Thursday). Disney Dudette #1 doesn't get down until Friday. I wish Faith was still on the boards because we get up very early & would walk with her & Kristy.

This will be my last time posting since I am finishing my packing, loose ends, etc. Can't wait to meet you all. Everyone have a safe trip. Think sun:sunny: Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

Looks like it just may be only "us FL" people left. We're going over to the port Friday afternoon, just as soon as I can get all those little 1st graders out the door at 2:00.

I think DH has packed just about everything. YIPPPPPEEEEE!
Everyone be safe!!!!!
Fran
:teacher:

Oh no, there are at least a few of the Colorado people left, too.

I packed all day yesterday, my mom for Phoenix and DH for Tampa today, then the kids and me for Friday to make sure I did not have to go out to buy a new suitcase. I gave up on our two largest suitcases since the airlines always hassle me about being overweight. I needed to make sure I could pack the rest in three small suitcases. Now I just need to get mom to the hairdresser, kids to school, finish the school stuff, go to the bank(s), pick up the cleaning, go to the pharmacy, call the scofflaw parents from the fundraiser one more time, distribute 200 pieces of political literature, cancel the milk, call the housesitter, pick all the tomatoes still left (will it freeze while we are gone?), dye my hair, clean off the chipped polish, rake the leaves....

I wish it would just freeze here and get it over with. We have actually had a beautiful fall, perfect weather (it normally freezes in September and kills everything). Seems strange to leave when the weather still feels like summer.

Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter