Room Request for BWV

brettcw23

DIS Dad #722 Pittsburgh, PA
We have a 1BR Villa booked for October 12th-19th during the EPCOT's Food & Wine Festival. We are super excited about our location, being so close to both EPCOT and DHS, as well as the F&W Festival, anything else is icing on the cake for us.

This is the first time we have stayed at BWV and we have no idea what to put for a room request. We have the Pool\Garden view. Any help or feedback from those who have stayed at BWV are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Close to the elevators!

The hallways at BWV remind me of the shining. LOOOOONNNNNNGGGG. They're not your friend after a long day of walking in the parks.

TSMMANIAC said:
We like to face the quiet pool, not the clown pool which can be a little noisy.

We LOVE the quiet pool area too. It's really relaxing especially if you like to spend time on the balcony. If you're using the buses, there is a door & walkway near the quiet pool area that leads to the bus stop.

Don't fear the hallway, somewhere on DISboards is a compiling of all hallways and it turns out BW is not really one of the longer hallway walks.

We always request first floor quiet pool. There is a good chance we can walk in and out of our patio door to the pool this way.

Don't fear the hallway, somewhere on DISboards is a compiling of all hallways and it turns out BW is not really one of the longer hallway walks.

We always request first floor quiet pool. There is a good chance we can walk in and out of our patio door to the pool this way.

Definitely nothing to fear......

p903930619-4.jpg

My DH is that tiny little black blip at the end of the hall. This was the second of 3 halls to get to our room. :rotfl:

The difficult thing about BWV is that there is only a single set of elevators so if you can't use stairs you are stuck walking the halls back and forth. The other resorts with long hallways do have more than one set of elevators so depending on your destination you may not have to walk the entire hallway maze every time.

Disney does have a knack for hallway design and it's often a plus to be able to do stairs at many of the resorts. ::yes::

If you can do stairs, there's no need to be close to the elevators. :)

The rooms farther from the elevators are quieter (Hallway noise is much less farther from the elevators and to us, more bothersome than pool noise, LOL). Plus you are closer to the DHS walkway and maybe the bus stop. Remember that those "long" hallways are air conditioned.

We often stay in the area farthest from the elevators. Down the stairs, out to the canal, under the bridge and we're at DHS in about 10 minutes. That's just a few more minutes than it takes to get to the boat dock and there's no waiting!

It takes 10 - 15 minutes to walk to EPCOT IG from that area. If you are overlooking the leisure pool / Community Hall, you're just a few steps away from the walkway to the bus stop and closer to the parking lot than if you overlook Luna Park or the Croquet Lawn.

We love the location! Enjoy your stay.

I don't much mind the hallways at BWV. I can always find a stairway that will get me where I need to be. And it's fun to investigate them all!!!

I do enjoy being in the quiet pool area though. I had one ground floor villa that opened to the quiet pool...it was terrific!! But I generally prefer a higher up villa...especially when traveling alone.

We like the Boardwalk View and actually ask for 5001, 4001 or 3001 which is allllllllllll the way to the end next to Jelly Rolls (Crest o the Wave). Because we don't mind the walk, we almost always get our request! Cool view too. The stairs are close by and we can zip down take a left and hit the pool :goodvibes We are doing the Pool/Garden View this time also. Last time we did that we had the clown pool view 4th floor which really wasn't too noisy. But like the others posted, I like to read on the balcony, so the quiet pool view would be nice.

p903930619-4.jpg

My DH is that tiny little black blip at the end of the hall. This was the second of 3 halls to get to our room. :rotfl:

The difficult thing about BWV is that there is only a single set of elevators so if you can't use stairs you are stuck walking the halls back and forth. The other resorts with long hallways do have more than one set of elevators so depending on your destination you may not have to walk the entire hallway maze every time.

Disney does have a knack for hallway design and it's often a plus to be able to do stairs at many of the resorts. ::yes::

I love this picture!

p903930619-4.jpg

::

ahhhhh :cloud9:
we don't mind the supposedly long hallways (notice that in the photo there aren't throngs of ppl, so the walk is pleasant and conducive to a relaxing vacation). finding the hidden mickeys (also tinkerbell by the elevator) in the carpeting, sitting on the wicker/foliage hall seating areas - just because:), admiring the little details (love the light fixtures!), looking out the windows, saying "hi"/chatting with the few ppl that pass, etc and the walk seems like mere seconds than the few minutes it actually takes.
we too prefer just using the stairwells - love that we can be by the pool or on the BW so easily and quickly (when staying on the 4th or 5th floor, we often take the elevators up tho).

i really miss the "picket fence" that used to be painted on the walls tho: quickly ticking my fingers along them always made me smile (and DH roll his eyes) :)

Close to the elevators!

The hallways at BWV remind me of the shining. LOOOOONNNNNNGGGG. They're not your friend after a long day of walking in the parks.

LOL...I appreciate ALL of the feedback. I guess I need to figure out what is most important from my family's perspective. Never having stayed at BWV, it's nice to hear what people request and why.

Long hallways are definitely not your friend! Especially for people like me that forget things and then have to run back to the room! Happens way more than I care to admit.

I'd think easy access to transportation would be high on our list. I'm also thinking we'd favor the quiet pool over the main one.

Just curious, anyone have any personal experiences with boat versus bus in traveling to DHS?

I'm thinking we'll walk to EPCOT. I'd walk to DHS, but my 8yo and 5yo will veto that!

Just curious, anyone have any personal experiences with boat versus bus in traveling to DHS?

Generally buses only run between BWV and DHS when the boats are shut down, like when lightning is in the area.

I love this picture!

Thanks! :goodvibes

i really miss the "picket fence" that used to be painted on the walls tho: quickly ticking my fingers along them always made me smile (and DH roll his eyes) :)

Here you go! This was taken when they had already started the rehab but this section was still original - you can see a snip where the hall splits and one direction was already redone in the yellow tones.

p255475607-5.jpg

LOL......(snip).......Just curious, anyone have any personal experiences with boat versus bus in traveling to DHS?

I'm thinking we'll walk to EPCOT. I'd walk to DHS, but my 8yo and 5yo will veto that!

There is no bus service to DHS from the BWV/BWI. You take the boat, walk or drive (which would be silly, IMO,unless you have some very special circumstances)..

If your room overlooks the quiet pool, you'll be halfway to DHS, lol. It will take longer to walk to the lobby and out to the dock and wait for a boat, then it will to just walk directly to DHS. We're in our 60's (and are usually in a standard view room near the tennis courts) and we always walk to both DHS and EPCOT (unless there is a boat just arriving at the dock when we walk past on our way to EPCOT. EPCOT is the next stop from the BWV). FWIW, it seems to me that the walk to EPCOT from "our end" of the resort is farther than the walk to DHS. :)

After Fantasmic!, we always, always walk home. Walking/Moving is easier for me than standing & waiting, and the lines for a boat often mean waiting for the second or even third boat before it's your turn to board. Even if a boat is leaving as we pass by, we will always be in our room well before the boat gets to the Boardwalk dock. It stops at the Swan/Dolphin dock and the BC/YC/BCV dock before it goes to the Boardwalk dock.

All that said, your young boys may consider the boat ride another attraction. If so, you WILL be taking the boat - at least to EPCOT, LOL. It is a pleasant ride and we will occasionally take it back to the BWV in the middle of the day, just for fun. :)

Enjoy the BWV!

Here you go! This was taken when they had already started the rehab but this section was still original - you can see a snip where the hall splits and one direction was already redone in the yellow tones.

p255475607-5.jpg

I miss the original carpeting which looked like wood boards. The picket fence...awww. I miss that more! Thanks for the picture.

p255475607-5.jpg
Well, that started my day off nicely!! Thanks for the memories!! I'm finally used to the new decor, but man, I did love the old style.

In any case, unless it's raining or really hot/humid, we walk to DHS. It's usually faster than taking the boat. I have left the dock area at the same time the boat to DHS has. I got to bag check at HS just as the boat was coming around the corner. Yes, I tend to be a speedy walker, but not all that fast!!!
It is nice to have a choice though!!

Interesting details on the boats vs. buses question.
Intriguing! My girls will def want to ride the boat, but that being said, we walked from BLT to MK (and vice versa) our last stay. I'm curious if it's a comparable trek. So if it's quicker, we'll def hoof it to DHS.

I like to come back to these posts and share my experience...kind of like a before\after picture. LOL.

Interesting reading this after the fact. The hallways remind me of Kidani Village which were designed for distance runners apparently! We had some challenges with checking in. We arrived at 12:30 and didn't get in until after 4PM. We think the room was done but due to issues with the MagicBands, we didn't get notified. When we checked in (we had done online) we were greeted from a friendly CM who told us where our room would be and noted that it would be close to an elevator.
FALSE! LOL.
We were #4094 which was the LAST room, furthest away from the elevators. Now, with that being said, the hallways are long. Sure, there might be longer ones, but these are a good hike.

We were overlooking the clown pool and had clear vision to the deck at the top of the slide. It was a little noisy but not enough to be memorable. The advantage of our location is that we near to the clown pool and the community hall\quiet pool. We were also right around a 10 minute walk to DHS which was really nice. We took the boat back once and it was merely for enjoyment of trying a new experience for my girls.

We used the stairwell often b\c it was right outside our door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter