Room Request for BWV

We love BWV but have never had our room request met there. We have done online check in & email CS with our requests. The one time we did not do online check in we were able to get a 4th floor room when requested at lobby check in. The other 2 times we did online check in requested high floor & even gave specific room numbers on 4th & 5th floor. Well, both times we ended up with 3rd floor! Both times, they could not change our room at on line check in. We don't mind the walk to our room.

I always put the same two - close to the elevator and higher floor.

I'm not sure, but I've heard that the earlier in the day you check in, the more likely you are to get your request.

Does anyone know?

Any request should lead off with high floor. That gives you the best views of any rooms in any area to the extent you have a view and provides for less noise than lower floors.

As to area to choose with a 1BR pool/garden, you have three: Luna Park (main pool), Quiet Pool and Activity Lawn. Go here to see links to the break down of rooms in each area http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2931467 Quiet Pool is generally a quiet area because not many actually use that pool. The community hall is also in that area. It has the rooms that are the longest walk from the elevator of all rooms, but those same rooms, if you go down the stairway in that area, provide the shortest walk of all rooms to Studios. The Activity Lawn area is misnamed because there is never any activity in that area and it is also quiet except it is right on the channel (heading towards studios) and thus gets to hear boat horns when they go off from boats passing by. Luna Park is an active area since it has the main pool but with high floor noise is not an issue. The Luna Park area provides the rooms with the shorter walk to the elevators. There is one block of elevators for the BWV side and they are fairly close to the lobby and let out at ground floor right at the main pool area and the breezeway to the boardwalk. We have stayed in all three areas and all are fine and we would likely choose Luna park simply to have the shorter walk to the lobby and pool.

Just note as to the supposed long walk down the hallway to those end rooms in the Quiet Pool area that we have timed that walk and at normal pace without little children it is about 100 seconds to the last room. That hallway is actually less than a third of the length of Kidani's north wing for which the walk can take 5 to 6 minutes from the lobby to the end rooms and double that with little kids.

I always put the same two - close to the elevator and higher floor.

I'm not sure, but I've heard that the earlier in the day you check in, the more likely you are to get your request.

Does anyone know?

I think that is true anywhere. Earlier in the day they can make more "adjustments". One time I checked in at 10:00am at BWV and asked if my request for top floor was met, she said no, we were on the first floor! I said is anything else available, she looked around and found us a 4th floor. Later in the day, that 4th floor might not have been open.

Another time, my friend checked in at 7:00am for us at VGC. She asked about a park view, they went in the back room and we ended up with the best studio - 6504.

We requested a view of the quiet pool and i think that was it. I normally don;t expect to get the room request but am pleased when I do. In this case, with it being the F&W Festival and a full house, I had 0 expectations. If I would have been aware of the hallways, i def would have requested closer to an elevator I think.

When we stayed at KV, we were't far from the elevator, so it wasn't too bad. I did describe their hallways as being built for Kenyan marathon runners.

I'm a notorious for my fast walking pace and my girls know to keep up. My biggest fear, which was realized, was me paying for my forgetfulness. Forgetting things in the room and then having to double back and get them.:guilty:

Brett - Thanks for sharing your thoughts "after". It was fun reading this thread again and having your results.

We're going to stay at Kidani next spring (I know I will miss mu BWV) with my sister's family. She thought her 5 year old twins would really love seeing the animals from the balcony. Hope we don't get assigned too far from the lobby as we probably will not have a car. Guess I'll find out if Kidani's hallways are to be feared, LOL.

Brett - Thanks for sharing your thoughts "after". It was fun reading this thread again and having your results.

We're going to stay at Kidani next spring (I know I will miss mu BWV) with my sister's family. She thought her 5 year old twins would really love seeing the animals from the balcony. Hope we don't get assigned too far from the lobby as we probably will not have a car. Guess I'll find out if Kidani's hallways are to be feared, LOL.

IMO, all the resorts have their own unique traits that make them appealing. You'll love KV. Their bathrooms were HUGE. I still haven't been in a shower as big as the one we had there and really nice decor. We had some points to use so we did the Safari view which my wife and I enjoyed far more than our kids:rotfl:
But they have some neat activities there with the camp fires, night vision for watching the animals and typical activities suited to the resort's animal theme.

It's hard to compare BWV and KV b\c they are so different. I liked both but easily give the nod to BWV in regards to my preference. I think the rooms are nicer at KV, but the atmosphere, shopping and convenience at BWV are tops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter