Room Service

LINDATHEPOOH

Mouseketeer
The review I read for the castaway cay adult beach food service was really bad. So we’re thinking of ordering a lunch from room service the night before to bring with us. Also we’re thinking of ordering breakfast so we can get off the ship sooner rather Than going to a restaurant. My questions are: does anyone disagree with the review of the food at the adult beach? is there a website I can go to see the room service menu? Is there a way to keep the lunch cold until the next day? how Do we get enough ice to keep cold in our cooler? We are sailing the Wish on 2/3-2/6 for my and my daughters bdays. Thanks for any and all help!!

We didn’t eat at the adult beach but cookies too on the family beach was absolutely awful on our 9/5 wish sailing. It was a huge disappointment because in the past the food has always been pretty good for what it is.

You are giving WAY too much importance to that review. The food at Serenity Bay is the same as the one at the family beach, cooked and served by members of the same team. While the quality can vary, it will still be better than a room service lunch from the day before.

I’ve never heard of anyone taking a lunch to CC, and I’m pretty sure it’s prohibited. You can usually only get off the ship with pre-packaged food.

There is plenty of time to go to the buffet or even a restaurant in the morning on CC day, unless you wake up too close to All ashore time of 8:30.

The review I read for the castaway cay adult beach food service was really bad. So we’re thinking of ordering a lunch from room service the night before to bring with us. Also we’re thinking of ordering breakfast so we can get off the ship sooner rather Than going to a restaurant. My questions are: does anyone disagree with the review of the food at the adult beach? is there a website I can go to see the room service menu? Is there a way to keep the lunch cold until the next day? how Do we get enough ice to keep cold in our cooler? We are sailing the Wish on 2/3-2/6 for my and my daughters bdays. Thanks for any and all help!!
Order breakfast if you want to have a slower and quite morning in your room before you can get onto CC. I haven't found the food that terrible on CC, but it is what it is. Are you planning on spending the entire day on the island? We usually leave the ship around 10:30am and we're ready to return to the ship by 1.30pm, where we usually eat on board again. You can grab some snacks on the island to keep you going and there is enough choices that I'm sure you will find something you'll like.

Also, if you have anyone if your state room with allergies, they will arrange a meal for you to be served at one of the food service locations. Your serving team will talk to you about it at dinner the night before.

Last edited:

Wow - you are way overthinking this. Why would you want to eat day old sandwiches that you have to drag with you? The food on the island is fine, I'm sure you can make do with it, personally I always enjoy it. It's bbq stlye food - hamburgers, hot dogs, salads and such. I would give it a try; food reviews are always subjective, and some people just need something to complain about. If you are still hungry you can eat again when you are back on the ship.

What they serve on the island is hotdogs, hamburgers, grilled chicken. It’s perfectly edible. It will also be a variety of salads and fresh fruit available, plus soft drinks and ice cream.

You cannot take prepared foods off the ship in the Bahamas, including CC. If you have picked up packaged cereal or ordered an uncrustable from room service that would be about the limit of what you could take onto the island.

if you go to one of the food locations on the island and don’t see anything you want to eat, you can go back to the ship for lunch.

The review I read for the castaway cay adult beach food service was really bad.
Opinions about food (not just specifically here) vary widely, but I've never heard anybody thinking the adult beach food service was really bad. Its essentially the same thing as what you get at the family beach. We have been there a couple of times since cruising resumed and had no issues with the food.

I really appreciate everyone’s feedback. The only reason I gave any merit to the food review is because it was by someone that has taken dozens of Disney cruises and is actually a travel agent. Maybe that’s made him too picky about the food! I have to agree with the advice all of you have given. I’ll try to convince my co-travelers!

I really appreciate everyone’s feedback. The only reason I gave any merit to the food review is because it was by someone that has taken dozens of Disney cruises and is actually a travel agent. Maybe that’s made him too picky about the food! I have to agree with the advice all of you have given. I’ll try to convince my co-travelers!
Worst case, there will be enough food to get everyone though the day and there is plenty of food when you get back on the ship.

The food is just meh on CC. It's not inedible or anything, but it isn't anything to write home about. I heard Serenity Bay food is better. I've not been able to experience it because my daughter always wants to eat lunch together. Either head back to the ship and eat there or just deal with it. The ship is actually pretty much a ghost town at CC so it's sort of cool to be on board, honestly.

We ALWAYS look forward to lunch at Serentiy Bay - maybe the highlight of our cruise, especially 3-night ones. Is it Remy or Palo? No, but it is still a great meal while enjoying beautiful CC. Trip #9 is next week - we can't wait.

Room service breakfast is VERY light. It takes almost no time to go up to Cabanas and have buffet breakfast.

Honestly, you are overthinking/overworking yourself.

Eat at the buffet in the morning, then have lunch at the beach. If you are still hungry in the afternoon, get a second lunch when you go back to the ship.

(Definitely bringing uncrustables and packaged snack food off for lunch is the worst of all possible ideas.)

The food at CC (both adult and family beaches) is not great, but not disgusting. I found Cabanas to be much lower quality IMO.

Eat a decent breakfast before leaving the ship (we love the table service breakfast!), try out the food on CC, and eat a snack/lunch #2 once back on board if you'd like. It's hard to go hungry on a cruise.

The food on Castaway is fine, no need to bring anything off the ship. It's cookout type food, so if you go in expecting that, you'll be fine. We ate at the adult beach. I think I had grilled chicken, ribs, a variety of salads, fresh fruit, cookies/bars, etc. It all tasted good to me!

Have you ever cruised before? All cruise food (except at upcharge restaurants) is average at best imo. It's mass produced and mass prepared. No hot meal from room service is going to taste great cold the next day, and they don't have microwaves in the stateroom to heat things up, and you cannot take non-packaged food off the ship with you. The room service menu is also fairly limited. You're not going to be able to order big meals via room service like the ones you get in the ship restaurants.

The island "barbeques" are buffets that include grilled items. A little fresher than what you often get onboard, but nothing to write home about. It's not significantly better or worse than what is served onboard. If you hate the island food, you can go back onboard for lunch- you'd only spend about 15 - 30 minutes in transportation each way, depending on how able-bodied you are. So that's certainly doable.

But basically, I agree with others that you're giving too much credence to one review. You should try everything out for yourself. Different people have different tastes, opinions, and experiences.

Last edited:
We have always enjoyed the food at Castaway Cay. Looking forward to trying Serenity Bay offerings this next trip. It is camp food - still pretty good though.

I agree with the above posters - it’s edible, not horrible.

Eat a decent breakfast, wherever, whatever fills you up. Don’t expect a wonderful, filling meal on the island - just something to tide you over til dinner.

Most people are off the island by 3-3:30, so grab a snack once onboard if necessary.

I’ve pared down my lunch at Serenity Bay to a steak (think grilled for the masses), a bag of Lay’s potato chips, some lettuce and tomato, grapes if they have them, and soft serve ice cream and a Coke. You can sample anything they offer - my list leaves off a lot of what they offer (Because I just don’t like certain items).

So many opinions about cruise food. You just have to try it yourself and decide what works for you. I have found something good on every cruise / cruise line I have sailed. Never been hungry. Usually not blown over, either. They are serving thousands of people all day.

Food opinions are, of course, very subjective because we all like different things. My husband and I are not fans of the food on CC, but we find enough stuff to make a light lunch. On our August cruise, we found the ribs were the best of the things we tried. (The things we did not like included the brisket sandwich, potato salad, pasta salad, cole slaw, and corn.) Of course, you can always just get a basic burger and a bag of potato chips and there is usually fruit available, too. If all else fails, there are also ice cream machines on the island. 🍦

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter