ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Previously I thought DC offered a shuttle from Sea World.
However, I would personally just Uber/Lyft. I think Royal Pacific charges for the shuttle anyways, and no reason to be tied to their times and trying to coordinate 2 shuttles, when you can use ride share for probably $10.

Does anyone know if the laundry room is coin or CC? I usually do my laundry the day before we leave.

Hello,

Staying at RPR in May. We have 7 people in total, me, DW, 3 daughters, plus 2 grandparents. I have two rooms booked. One is club level (5 people), one is not(2 grandparents). I'm trying to get the second room modified to club-level, checking multiple times per day to see if availability opens up.

The grandparents would like to have "sleepovers" in their room, so connecting rooms would be ideal for us. Can we still get connecting rooms even if only one is deemed club-level? Just got off the phone with general reservations and they said no because club-level room would be floor 7, and non-club-level is not. This surprised me because I think I've read several examples where people had suites on floor 6 or rooms in an entirely different tower, but still had club-level access. I left a request for the 2nd room to be in tower 3 so at least the rooms will be reasonably close together. Should I call the hotel directly to request connecting rooms, one club-level, one not?

I'd gladly pay for club-level for the grandparents if availability opens up, and will keep checking. Hopefully this becomes a moot point, but what is the policy if I brought a grandparent with me to get some oatmeal or a drink in the club (even though the grandparents don't have club-level access)?

Thanks!
Ben

Last edited:
Hello,

Staying at RPR in May. We have 7 people in total, me, DW, 3 daughters, plus 2 grandparents. I have two rooms booked. One is club level (5 people), one is not(2 grandparents). I'm trying to get the second room modified to club-level, checking multiple times per day to see if availability opens up.

The grandparents would like to have "sleepovers" in their room, so connecting rooms would be ideal for us. Can we still get connecting rooms even if only one is deemed club-level? Just got off the phone with general reservations and they said no because club-level room would be floor 7, and non-club-level is not. This surprised me because I think I've read several examples where people had suites on floor 6 or rooms in an entirely different tower, but still had club-level access. I left a request for the 2nd room to be in tower 3 so at least the rooms will be reasonably close together. Should I call the hotel directly to request connecting rooms, one club-level, one not?

I'd gladly pay for club-level for the grandparents if availability opens up, and will keep checking. Hopefully this becomes a moot point, but what is the policy if I brought a grandparent with me to get some oatmeal or a drink in the club (even though the grandparents don't have club-level access)?

Thanks!
Ben

Call the hotel directly, not the general reservation line and they may be able to help you. You can be on the 6th floor and have Club access. Or they may be able to book the other room in as Club if it`s available.

But, for the Grands, if they don`t have club access, don`t take them up.

Does anyone know if Tuk Tuk Market carries milk? What about a plain, undressed salad? I’m trying to decide whether or not I want to make a grocery order.

Thanks!

I was at RP last week. Tuk Tuk did have small bottles of milk. They also had a couple of salads, but I believe both had things on them (one had grilled chicken, as I recall). But dressing was on the side.

i eat very low carb/keto to control my T2 diabetes, and honestly, there was almost nothing I could eat from Tuk Tuk. Your mileage may vary, of course.

I have two Owner Lockers (purple box) that will need to be returned before we leave. Which transport is best? Just need to drop them off. I saw cars out front. Would it be better if I took an Uber or lyft?

Just a quick note on my stay at Royal Pacific, from January 29-February 1.

There are so many informative posts about the hotel, I'm going to focus mine on the features of a Hospitality Parlor Suite as compared to a DVC suite at Disney World. (I stayed at Riviera in a 1 bedroom in September 2021.) I know this is an apples to oranges comparison. However -- if someone (like me) wants to stay on property at Universal, at a hotel with the unlimited Express Pass benefit, AND be in a room that offers some space and kitchen facilities, and you want to compare that to what a similar option would be at Disney, I think this is a reasonable comparison to help understand what you will and won't get in the Parlor Suite.

I'll give you my conclusion now, in case you find this to be TL/DR: I liked Royal Pacific and would definitely consider staying there again. Depending on the price, I would also consider the Hospitality Parlor suite again, and I think it would be a better experience because I would know what to expect and would be prepared for it.

As always, your mileage may vary.

The Hospitality Parlor Suite I stayed in was in Tower 3 on the 3rd floor. It did not include access to the Club. The location was fine. My only quibble was that you could hear everything going on in the hallway through the door. EVERY. SINGLE. THING. Fortunately, there wasn't a lot of traffic down the hall.

The suite is made up of a parlor (with a large sectional sofa and a big square table with chairs that seats 10 or so people.) There is a small kitchen area (more on this in a minute). The parlor also has its own full bath. It connects with a bedroom, in my case, one with 2 queen beds and a bath. A second bedroom can be connected on the other side of the parlor.

Now I'll start with the comparison. Again, I recognize that the comparison won't be exact and it may not even be fair. Riviera is a much newer property than RP and was purpose built to provide apartment like accommodations. But I do think the comparison is somewhat helpful, so here I go.

RP Parlor v. Riviera DVC living area: Riviera's living area is much smaller than the Hospitality Parlor. I thought the seating area was much more comfortable in the Parlor. The dining table in the Parlor, however, is not comfortable. It was huge --reflecting the fact that it probably was designed to be used as a place to host small meetings and receptions. Riviera was designed as an apartment, and the dining area was much more manageable (and you didn't feel like you were at a party where no one else showed up).

RP Parlor Suite Bathrooms v. Riviera DVC Bathroom: Having 2 full baths in the Parlor Suite was nice. Both were on the small side, but were just fine. The Riviera 1 bedroom has only 1 bathroom, although it's much larger than the bathrooms at RP and has a separate deep soaking tub. (The size of the bathrooms may be the place RP shows its age the most.)

RP Parlor Suite Kitchen v. Rivera DVC Kitchen: No contest here -- Riviera all the way. It really comes down to what I said before: Riviera is designed as an apartment you could live in while the Parlor Suite is a place where people can meet or be entertained. The Riviera has a dishwasher; cook top; microwave; full sink; full refrigerator; all pots, pans, dishes, glasses, cutlery; and diswasher detergent, dish soap for hand washing, sponge, paper towel, etc. The Parlor Suite kitchen is pretty bare -- full refrigerator, microwave, a very small sink and some dishes/glasses/cutlery. There is no dish soap, sponge or paper towels. (I ended up having Shipt deliver those things.)

RP Parlor Suite Bedroom v. Riviera DVC Bedroom: The bedrooms were about the same size although the bedroom at the Riviera only had 1 king bed. For the Universal trip, I needed 2 beds, so the Parlor Suite worked well. Beds were comfortable in both places and the rooms were fine. The RP Parlor Suite bedroom was beginning to show signs of wear and tear, but they were pretty slight -- and it's definitely not fair to compare this to the much newer Riviera.

My biggest quibble at RP was housekeeping. I know others on this board have had nothing but stellar housekeeping service recently at RP. Mine wasn't stellar -- not awful, but not what it should be for a room at this price point in a hotel that bills itself as high end. I was prepared to cut RP some slack if they were still having a housekeeper shortage or other COVID related issues, but if so, it was never mentioned that housekeeping would be more limited. Here's what I experienced. Arrived Saturday. In the parks all day on Sunday -- when we returned to the room, towels were replaced in both bathrooms and that's all. The sheets and blankets on the beds were just pulled up (very sloppily). No trash was emptied. Nothing straightened in the seating area. We had left a couple of glasses and 2 small plates in the sink because there was nothing to wash them with--and they were still there. (This prompted the aforementioned Shipt order so that I could do it myself.) Monday, we go back out to the parks. When we return, again towels had been replaced (along with some -- but not all -- of the used shampoo, body wash, etc.). This time, the beds were neatly made. I don't know if they were stripped and changed, but that didn't matter to me for this short stay. I just wanted them to be made up. Again, glasses and a couple of plates left unwashed. Again, no trash emptied. It was a really odd mix of things done and not done. (Yes, I communicated this in my survey reply to RP.)

So there you have it. The Parlor Suite isn't a perfect solution for those who want a bit more space with the option to prepare food and eat in, but it can get the job done (if the price is right). Hope this is helpful and I'm happy to answer any questions, if I can.

Last edited:
Anyone know if I order meds will I be able to send to the hotel? My BF is a bit "gassy" and I wanted to buy him Beano but they don't sell it in the store in the hotel. I asked.

Embarrassed my husband with a couple more photos during the 2 hours of dessert. The food has been very tasty. We had some of the Mac n cheese and chicken tenders and they were good, and so were the desserts. The staff in the club lounge are all super friendly and really do everything possible. Note, if you are taking alcohol to the room, you can only get 1 drink per person that is actually in the lounge. BD81B899-AB9C-4A3C-885A-C5B603BB5B33.jpeg8E799380-2EAA-46A2-A3D5-D78B6AF80AF4.jpegEAE20A73-7B7B-4A2A-B38C-746E1017E713.jpeg09C39F1F-37CC-46FC-BE19-5A0E477FB217.jpeg

Embarrassed my husband with a couple more photos during the 2 hours of dessert. The food has been very tasty. We had some of the Mac n cheese and chicken tenders and they were good, and so were the desserts. The staff in the club lounge are all super friendly and really do everything possible. Note, if you are taking alcohol to the room, you can only get 1 drink per person that is actually in the lounge.
Awesome!

Just so you know, if you crop the photos they will then post right-side-up. Any marginal cropping works.

Breakfast in club level RPR

Attachments

• C805106C-942B-4915-8B03-19BF2EB74C84.jpeg
    C805106C-942B-4915-8B03-19BF2EB74C84.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 3B8F2BE1-9B15-416C-88DC-A42744F2EC22.jpeg
    3B8F2BE1-9B15-416C-88DC-A42744F2EC22.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 85C51C05-7C3C-4A73-927E-B55B2C7042DB.jpeg
    85C51C05-7C3C-4A73-927E-B55B2C7042DB.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 6910FC09-0D89-4783-9FC3-A2C86C5D3783.jpeg
    6910FC09-0D89-4783-9FC3-A2C86C5D3783.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 468BF370-D64C-4BA7-9E1A-4358D18626B5.jpeg
    468BF370-D64C-4BA7-9E1A-4358D18626B5.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 3C5C5D09-49AD-4C47-B549-DB080649C8C6.jpeg
    3C5C5D09-49AD-4C47-B549-DB080649C8C6.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 69
  • AEFB1FBB-5E6D-4DB6-A96A-960AB97EB319.jpeg
    AEFB1FBB-5E6D-4DB6-A96A-960AB97EB319.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 69
  • CC2D460F-8C4F-47F6-830C-C5DBCE71FCCE.jpeg
    CC2D460F-8C4F-47F6-830C-C5DBCE71FCCE.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 5C12828A-0369-4B28-893C-3FBB6798B9CA.jpeg
    5C12828A-0369-4B28-893C-3FBB6798B9CA.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 67
  • C4826EEB-573A-41D5-BF23-B5ADEC2EFB0B.jpeg
    C4826EEB-573A-41D5-BF23-B5ADEC2EFB0B.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 70
Here now for a night. Front desk staff was friendly and able to get a room ready by 1, which was nice. However I was surprised to see that the ceiling in the bathroom had so much mold. I thought rooms recently had a rehab. I noticed there is no exhaust fan in the bathrooms. So that’s gonna cause that issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter