Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@yulilin3, I caught a little bit of your livestream yesterday (btw, thanks for doing that!) and here's one thing that I noticed... You were in the Universal store and there were a couple of people paying for their items. Here is an example of a photo from DFB:

View attachment 494784

I noticed that both people were not standing on the circle while their purchase was being processed. They just stood in front of the circle near the counter (in the case of this photo, there is something there so they can't do that), so I can already see where people aren't following directions. Yes, you can walk up to give them your merchandise, but I believe you're then supposed to go back to the circle while they ring everything up. It reminds me of how at Publix how people just can't follow the one-way signs on the ground. There are people who just don't read instructions -- I don't think they're deliberately being defiant, they are just too much in their own world. My point is, despite UO's (or WDW's) best efforts to get people to social distance (or wear masks or whatever), there are going to people who just can't follow directions.
I noticed that too. Instead of standing on the circle they just stood in front of the register. Yeah people just don't pay attention, at Publix it happens a lot. Not everyone will follow rules, I think we all know that and are going to have to make peace with it or be ready to confront every time

@yulilin3, I caught a little bit of your livestream yesterday (btw, thanks for doing that!) and here's one thing that I noticed... You were in the Universal store and there were a couple of people paying for their items. Here is an example of a photo from DFB:

View attachment 494784

I noticed that both people were not standing on the circle while their purchase was being processed. They just stood in front of the circle near the counter (in the case of this photo, there is something there so they can't do that), so I can already see where people aren't following directions. Yes, you can walk up to give them your merchandise, but I believe you're then supposed to go back to the circle while they ring everything up. It reminds me of how at Publix how people just can't follow the one-way signs on the ground. There are people who just don't read instructions -- I don't think they're deliberately being defiant, they are just too much in their own world. My point is, despite UO's (or WDW's) best efforts to get people to social distance (or wear masks or whatever), there are going to people who just can't follow directions.
I wouldn't put much trust in people following these rules. It's 2020 and most of the population still doesnt understand what turn signals are for........

Sure, but those employees aren't sick now. Where ever they are, they've been practicing their social distance and masks because most of them want to go back to work.

The only change in their routine, is that now they subjected to people all day that aren't wearing masks.

Another change in their routine is that they may now be touching their faces much more often as a direct result of being required to wear a mask. Also, when they drink or eat, some will touch their masks without washing their hands and put it back on without washing their hands, which is also in direct contradiction to CDC guidelines. If what the CDC has been telling us along- that touching your face is a big factor in contracting the virus- the risk of contamination while wearing a mask could actually be higher than while not wearing a mask, especially if the CMs work in merchandise and are touching things that other guests touch then touching their own masks or faces.

There will be many other changes in their routines when they return to work as well. They will stop to get gas. They may eat more fast food. They will be more fatigued when they are working all day than when they are at home. They will probably get less sleep. Some will be working in the heat and sun for many hours. Some will work in the rain (while wearing a mask?).

I really feel bad for them. Some of them will be glad that they and guests have to wear masks, but many of them will absolutely hate the masks. And their own mask-wearing will probably be enforced more strictly than that of the guests.

2 great locations to go especially on a hot or rainy day. That's exciting

I expect Top Golf will open next week. You can maintain social distance and the outdoor eating on the driving pad is doable.

ETA: I was too quick on my guess.....Top Golf Orlando just announced they will open next Monday. Yet another central Florida tourist attraction reopening!

Last edited:
I noticed that too. Instead of standing on the circle they just stood in front of the register. Yeah people just don't pay attention, at Publix it happens a lot. Not everyone will follow rules, I think we all know that and are going to have to make peace with it or be ready to confront every time

My new pet peeve is being on the wrong side of an aisle at the grocery store I need to go down based on the arrows and having to go down a different aisle to come back up the aisle I need.

My new pet peeve is being on the wrong side of an aisle at the grocery store I need to go down based on the arrows and having to go down a different aisle to come back up the aisle I need.
and not to hate on any age group, just my unscientific observations from going to Publix once a week. The majority of wrong way/no mask offenders are older people . Again not hating on older people just my observation. But, I do live in a predominantly older population location in Lake Co.
Bringing it back to theme parks, I was very aware of looking for offenders yesterday at Citywalk, I saw that lady at the cash register and then about 5 more that were not wearing thee mask appropriately. It was pretty empty so social distancing was easy, there were tons of wide empty spaces to spread out. Hopefully NK, Panda Express, Moes, Menchies and Breadbox open soon and more people will come. I'm rooting for Citywalk at this point, don't want them to fail.
Another observation I forgot to mention yesterday is that most people working were clearly coordinators and up, basically salaried people, I guess it makes sense since they are still getting paid through closure. Most of the work force at both parks are part timers, they will probably be called last

I expect Top Golf will open next week. You can maintain social distance and the outdoor eating on the driving pad is doable.

ETA: I was too quick on my guess.....Top Golf Orlando just announced they will open next Monday. Yet another central Florida tourist attraction reopening!
I think Disney should open DS AND mini golf, there really isn't a better social distancing attraction

Unless the virus can materialize anywhere by itself it has to be spread by someone in both cases. I can't just go outside in my yard, handle my mask inappropriately, and get the virus.
I wonder if they will try contact tracing in the parks. CM in Gateway Gifts gets sick, go back to the security footage of the last several days and see who they came into contact with who was not wearing a mask and/or not practicing social distancing.

I wonder if they will try contact tracing in the parks. CM in Gateway Gifts gets sick, go back to the security footage of the last several days and see who they came into contact with who was not wearing a mask and/or not practicing social distancing.

That seems like quite the undertaking. The only way I would see the parks doing contact tracing is if they see a dramatic spike in cases. By opening up our country every state will see a spike, so it's going to take a real surge for people to rethink what we're doing IMO

Here’s an example of contact tracing going on - an essential business has 29 employees. One gets sick. They run through his daily routine over the course of at least four days. He’s punched the same time clock, ate lunch with his coworkers, spent hours in the same workspace as others,etc.
Only one employee is identified as being “at risk” and is sent home to quarantine. The reason being is they drove the same truck for more than 30 minutes each within a two hour time period on the same day.

It is prolonged contact in confined spaces that makes it possible to transmit/catch this virus.

I really feel bad for them. Some of them will be glad that they and guests have to wear masks, but many of them will absolutely hate the masks. And their own mask-wearing will probably be enforced more strictly than that of the guests.

My daughter just got called back to work and her job is outside most of the day in the Florida weather and she is required to wear a mask. You know what she told me? She's fine with it because she'd rather wear a mask and decrease her chance of getting Covid or giving Covid to someone else. Does she like it, no, but she does understand that it will help.

Some of her co-workers have been working since the shut down, approximately 8 weeks. They have had to wear masks and not a single one of them has gotten sick. They are working harder than before since they have been short staffed and are super fatigued. They have been going to the grocery store and buying gas and getting fast food, just like they did before the pandemic.

Whatever skills or routines they have practiced up to this point, has kept them virus-free.

When this place opens to the public and they are being breathed on, coughed on, or touched by people that won't wear a mask and won't stay 6 ft or more from these employees, you aren't going to convince me that they got the virus from anywhere else.

and not to hate on any age group, just my unscientific observations from going to Publix once a week. The majority of wrong way/no mask offenders are older people .
Being what some people might consider "older" :), I take no offense. I have a friend who says the very same thing every time she's goes to Aldi's here. They are very small stores so you notice it a lot more. Because she has an underlying condition, she goes during their hours set for seniors and at risk. She comes home fuming every time- people reaching over her to get things off shelves, standing right next to her ignoring distancing and not going in the right direction. And yes, they are almost always seniors- it would seem the older they are, the worse it is. I have no explanation, but it is what it is.

mine is when you realize something you needed was actually back 2 aisles from where you thought it was and no you have no way of going back to get it as all the arrows are just one way through the store so you either have to just not get the item, go back through the entire store a 2nd time, or "break the rules"

To me it's very strange that masks would be required outdoors when you keep social distancing. The chance of getting infected by the virus outside is extremely small. Indoors it's a whole different situation. In the German theme parks masks are only required when indoors, when standing in a queue and when on a ride. When you walk around outside masks are not required.

Another change in their routine is that they may now be touching their faces much more often as a direct result of being required to wear a mask. Also, when they drink or eat, some will touch their masks without washing their hands and put it back on without washing their hands, which is also in direct contradiction to CDC guidelines. If what the CDC has been telling us along- that touching your face is a big factor in contracting the virus- the risk of contamination while wearing a mask could actually be higher than while not wearing a mask, especially if the CMs work in merchandise and are touching things that other guests touch then touching their own masks or faces.

There will be many other changes in their routines when they return to work as well. They will stop to get gas. They may eat more fast food. They will be more fatigued when they are working all day than when they are at home. They will probably get less sleep. Some will be working in the heat and sun for many hours. Some will work in the rain (while wearing a mask?).

This is what I`ll try to say all this time! And the the response is usually:

"but asymptomatic people can spread the virus too"

how on earth does that relate the problem mentioned very clearly and explained properly by you?

Thank you ... I would insert here the appropriate emoji but I`m useless I don`t know how ;)

I think Disney should open DS AND mini golf, there really isn't a better social distancing attraction

Im surprised the normal golf courses haven’t already been open at Disney. Not that it’s a huge revenue stream, but it’s something, and it’s an activity that encourages social distancing. There’s never a need to be within 6 feet of someone that’s not in your party

View attachment 494784

I wonder if there isn't a better way to do this pictorially. Not everyone speaks English, especially when the foreign travelers start coming back to the parks. Perhaps a stop sign or hand sign saying to stop and wait here.

Im surprised the normal golf courses haven’t already been open at Disney. Not that it’s a huge revenue stream, but it’s something, and it’s an activity that encourages social distancing. There’s never a need to be within 6 feet of someone that’s not in your party
They have been

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter