Rumor: Disney Vacation Club Sold-Out Resort Prices on the Rise

It might be worse than buying a new car and pulling off the lot already at a loss. We’re talking some of these resorts $100/pt more direct.

Look at PVB At 125pt minimum direct $250/pt that’s $31,250. Resale value approx. $21,250 or lower. I’m pretty sure even a new car doesn’t lose that much value that fast.

Look at PVB At 125pt minimum direct $250/pt that’s $31,250. Resale value approx. $21,250 or lower. I’m pretty sure even a new car doesn’t lose that much value that fast.

I'm wondering if by raising the direct prices Disney is trying to raise the resale prices also.

It might be worse than buying a new car and pulling off the lot already at a loss. We’re talking some of these resorts $100/pt more direct.

A Subaru only loses about 10% of its value the first year. Your DVC loses anywhere from 25% (VGC) to 55% (Aulani).

That’s like luxury car level loss. Or worse.

I'm wondering if by raising the direct prices Disney is trying to raise the resale prices also.

IMO, no. I think the goal is to gear new buyers to RIV instead, I think that leaving SSR where it is may be to give buyers who don’t want to invest in RIV a direct option and could be why we have seen the ROFR buy back we have.

I do also wonder..even though it is 20 years away, setting BCV and BWV up this high may be the slow crawl toward what it will sell for when those resorts are resold as new.

Last edited:
I definitely see BCV and BWV being resold at premium levels compared to the others.

Thru out the years one of the best arguments for direct sales is high resale. They certain like it to be high but for the most part they want people to purchase the resorts they are in current sales with - Riviera and Aulani at the moment. I'd guess that if a person wants any of the others then DVC wants to come close to matching the profit margin they get with current resort sales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter