Rumored Changes to G+

Here are the potential changes from Len.

Everything I've heard has been along the lines of:
  • 7-day advance booking window for on-site guests
  • 3-day advance window for off-site guests and APs
  • 3 advance reservations
    • All the parks will have "tiers" of attractions (I think the MK did not have FP+ tiers)
    • Like FP+, you'll be able to select one from the top tier and two from the next tier
So basically paying for FastPass+ but now you also pay for ILLs?

Wasn’t the whole push to Genie+ because if people did not know about FastPass+ beforehand they found very little availability the day of? Isn’t that just going to bring this problem back up?

Here are the potential changes from Len.

Everything I've heard has been along the lines of:
  • 7-day advance booking window for on-site guests
  • 3-day advance window for off-site guests and APs
  • 3 advance reservations
    • All the parks will have "tiers" of attractions (I think the MK did not have FP+ tiers)
    • Like FP+, you'll be able to select one from the top tier and two from the next tier
Only problem here is, the Genie+ cash cow could be at risk. Tiers are the problem. If guests have to use all 3 before booking another (one tier 1 and two tier 2 rides) it will severely devalue Genie+ since you will likely only get 1 Tier 1 ride as opposed to Genie+ now being able to get 5+.

Plus ILLs are not included which changes the availability that you used to get with FP+. I don’t see how this would work with tiers unless……..

Disney limits tiers to pre selection only and then keeps the 120 minute rule.

They should allow resort guests to choose 1 ride in advance (to avoid getting up early) and then buy an ILL or two

This is one of the main reasons people hated FP+. They will just be back to square one. I don't think Disney is willing to risk those sales

I just don’t see how the proposed tiers will work. Who would pay for that? Right now I can get SDD, MMRR, TOT and at least MFSR or something else. If they are all tier 1 rides and I would have to use my 3 selections before getting another, they will all be gone by then. Who would pay for that?

Wasn’t the whole push to Genie+ because if people did not know about FastPass+ beforehand they found very little availability the day of? Isn’t that just going to bring this problem back up?
Correct. They need a hybrid I think.

I'm betting it will be a total failure as they fixed nothing since fp plus with that model. It actually sounds worse.
I agree. Defunctland has an amazing video essay on Fastpass and it seemed one of the issues with FP+ was they didn't have enough attractions- well now they have taken away the top tier rides and turned them into ILLs and they also got rid of some of the previous FP+ selections (parade seating, Firework viewing, Fantasmic viewing, etc)

They have added on attractions but all of them are part of the ILLs now (unless that changes). I don't understand what they are trying to do...

The rumor is that they will have a certain amount available before hand, and reserve a certain amount for "day of." Say 50-50. A hybrid of both worlds so that both 'advanced planners' and 'last minute' guests will be placated.

I personally hated the tiers and love that Genie+ doesn’t have them. Tiers would devalue Genie in my opinion.
i also hate tiers. Going from paying for a service where I didn't have tiers and now you expect me to suck it up and accept tiers? Nope. I liked Genie+. I dont want to be told how many of X and how many of Y I can ride, especially not if I am paying for it

But Genie+ is purchased on the day so how can you book a week in advance? If it means those staying on site get to book rides (wihtout purchasing genie+) then that's amazing news and makes staying on site worth all the money again.

But Genie+ is purchased on the day so how can you book a week in advance? If it means those staying on site get to book rides (wihtout purchasing genie+) then that's amazing news and makes staying on site worth all the money again.
Currently, Genie+ can only be bought day-of, but when they introduced it, you could buy it with your ticket. I'm sure they'll have no problem letting people buy Genie+ ahead of time if they allow them to book their LL reservations ahead of time.

Genie+ (or any similar service) is a must have for my family of 5 at DHS in order for us to minimize time apart (wife or I has to stay with toddler while older two kids ride the bigger stuff).

If I don’t ever have to wake up at 7 to book SDD on vacation again, that would be a huge win 🙏 the current system is almost hostile towards customers.

Buying ahead of time will also lock people into paying to have Genie+ on a day that they may have waited until they had arrived at the park and seen the crowd before determining if it was worth buying or not. (which can still be done but the fomo will be strong with this).

Maybe the tiers Disney has in mind this time around are for pricing. If you want to pre-purchase Genie along with pre-selecting attractions you would have to pay more. You could also continue to use Genie as it is now at lower cost and purchase the day of, but not have the availability to make pre-selections. This year over the holidays Genie was $39 for multi-park and Magic Kingdom. What could happen now would be Genie would be $49 to purchase in advance and make selections early, or you could buy it day of for $39. Just a guess of course.

Maybe the tiers Disney has in mind this time around are for pricing. If you want to pre-purchase Genie along with pre-selecting attractions you would have to pay more. You could also continue to use Genie as it is now at lower cost and purchase the day of, but not have the availability to make pre-selections. This year over the holidays Genie was $39 for multi-park and Magic Kingdom. What could happen now would be Genie would be $49 to purchase in advance and make selections early, or you could buy it day of for $39. Just a guess of course.
I'm hoping this may be the case - although hopefully not at those prices. I remember when Genie+ first arrived and it was a flat $15/day and you could pre-pay it as an add-on to your tickets - much like you do for PH. Perhaps they will return to this but at much, much higher prices?

Currently, Genie+ can only be bought day-of, but when they introduced it, you could buy it with your ticket. I'm sure they'll have no problem letting people buy Genie+ ahead of time if they allow them to book their LL reservations ahead of time.
Of course, don't know why I thought Disney would have a different thought process than continue to charge us. Last year we didn't bother with G+ at Epcot or AK (in 3rd/4th week of August), just MK and HS.

Yes, and if you want to do car creation, there is a console that allows for a quick pick of a premade car in the SR line, or you can go in through the exit shop and there are full terminals that you can use. Once saved to your band you can use it for every ride.

That is so neat to know! I didn't know you could save a car to your band. My son made a pretty amazing one last time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter