Rumored Changes to G+

As I and many others have stated in the past, a system like that would have to be priced at an eye watering amount. I'm talking $300/person per day minimum especially if it allowed for rerides and included the ILLs.

They might see in their internal data that they would make more money charging a lower price but a downside is that more people use it? I have no idea, I'm just spitballing.
To add, if they price many guests out of a system like that, instead of not buying it and waiting in standby, many just wouldn't go anymore.

If they went to that system, a lot of families with little kids or grandparents wouldn't go as they usually have the hardest time waiting in long lines.

So if it was just $100, there would be too many people purchasing, & therefore the lines would take too long to be worth buying?

Why sell out, why not just keep selling?
I mean eventually it has to even out where people wont buy it, so its not like everyone would pay it. (I've yet to buy Genie+) There is a happy medium and the lower limit they have to stay above is making sure standby isn't stuck never getting on because they have to keep up with genie+, but that's where the price point goes up or down, no? (i guess that's where the $300 comes from, I just can't imagine it would have to be that high, I'm not wanting to pay $30. lol)

Last edited:
Why sell out, why not just keep selling?
I mean eventually it has to even out where people wont buy it, so its not like everyone would pay it. (I've yet to buy Genie+) There is a happy medium and the lower limit they have to stay above is making sure standby isn't stuck never getting on because they have to keep up with genie+, but that's where the price point goes up or down, no? (i guess that's where the $300 comes from, I just can't imagine it would have to be that high, I'm not wanting to pay $30. lol)
The whole point of charging that much is to limit the amount of people buying it. I heard when Genie+ originally started it worked best if only 25% of guests buy it. At 25% there will almost always be availability on everything without waiting hours for a return time.

IMO Disney should be finding the price to make that happen.

I don't see anything wrong with this. The day I used my free HHN ticket was one of the busiest days I have EVER seen in a theme park, not just Universal. I mean in general. Lines were miles long for bathrooms and the Freestyle machines around the park.

Also, man is Inside the Magic trash 😅 don't read it, just know that they're talking about requiring reservations if you want to use the HHN ticket that comes with the premier annual pass.

Also, man is Inside the Magic trash 😅 don't read it, just know that they're talking about requiring reservations if you want to use the HHN ticket that comes with the premier annual pass.
I think its just because we were talking about it, my phone fed me that link. lol

On the Genie+ subject, is it worth buying on an After Hours day? MK will probably be a little less crowded than normal, but does that make Genie+ not worth doing?

The rumor is that they will have a certain amount available before hand, and reserve a certain amount for "day of." Say 50-50. A hybrid of both worlds so that both 'advanced planners' and 'last minute' guests will be placated.

This is exactly what they did with fastpass plus

Len has reported that the rides will be tiered, in every park, including MK for the first time, which if true, will be a MAJOR mistake and a complete disaster
Considering MK was the only place fp plus came close to working in I'd agree with this statement.

Last edited:
This is exactly what they did with fastpass plus
I think the ratio was more like 80-20 or 90-10 when it came to advanced vs. same day for fp+.

50-50 would seem to be a more fair split.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see how it pans out

Who is this Len everyone is talking about?
Just Google "Len Testa." The first umpteen screens will be about him. I would have cited being co-author of The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World first, but I'm old-fashioned. I also remember exchanging emails with him back when he was running the Guide's corrections page and wasn't the co-author yet.

More relevant to this thread, he is the source of the informed rumor cited at post 14 about the proposed changes to Genie+. He has also posted in the thread itself. Do a search for posts by lentesta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter