Rumored Changes to G+

DAS changes being limited to 4 guests or immediate family members is very restrictive......We have a trip beginning Friday and I would have 3 guests that would not qualify for DAS and that would ruin our trip (glad we are going before the changes)

I qualify for DAS and my wife and 3 kids would fall under immediate family but each of my kids are bringing a friend and they would not qualify

I wish Disney would allow it for all people on your hotel reservation

DAS changes being limited to 4 guests or immediate family members is very restrictive......We have a trip beginning Friday and I would have 3 guests that would not qualify for DAS and that would ruin our trip (glad we are going before the changes)

I qualify for DAS and my wife and 3 kids would fall under immediate family but each of my kids are bringing a friend and they would not qualify

I would assume this would be an example of why they are doing it. It is not meant for the friends. It’s meant for you and your immediate family. Times that by who knows how many people and that’s why things can get out of hand

I’m happy you don’t have to deal with it this vacation though. Have a great trip.

They also announced anyone who lies will be banned from Disney world for life. They mean business it seems

Well IF you have two people in your group that qualify for DAS, you can do 2 separate DAS bookings, each with one of the DAS qualified members, do them simultaneously and join the line at the same time in two groups of 4. ETA: obviously this only works if there is someone else in the group that has justification for DAS. But some people assume that even though someone else in their group needs DAS they don't need to request it if they are traveling with someone else that already has it. I've also seen some people ask if more than one person in their group is even able to have DAS - so not everyone knows this is doable if necessary. I was even told myself that I didn't need to get DAS for my son who is definitely in need because I already qualified - which might not be true. I've also seen misinformation on the other thread where people that do have 2 or 3 people DAS eligible in their family and are traveling with a party of 6 or so are going to still be cut off at 4.

Last edited:
Well if you have two people in your group that qualify for DAS, you can do 2 separate DAS bookings, each with one of the DAS qualified members, do them simultaneously and join the line at the same time in two groups of 4.
But he doesn’t. It’s just him. And he shouldn’t necessarily “look” for someone else to qualify to keep the group together.

AND CAN WE KEEP DAS COMMENTS OFF THIS THREAD?????
This is a pretty good thread for discussion and I'd suggest people go there for questions, comments, and concerns, there's a lot we don't know about and maybe won't know about until they release more details. I will note though that the delay to G+ changes was rumored to be partly due to these changes to DAS so it's sort of relevant to this thread. Basically, we know when changes to DAS are going in place now, I'm not expecting the change for G+ to come earlier.

Seeing the DAS changes, my guess is one Genie+ change will include rerides for lower tier rides. I would guess a second change would be a longer return time window. These changes will bridge the gap between DAS and Genie+ for those who no longer qualify for DAS, but for whom Genie isn’t a great fit (regardless of price). They’d probably need to allow it to be booked in advance again, when the trip is booked as was the case when it debuted.

Seeing the DAS changes, my guess is one Genie+ change will include rerides for lower tier rides. I would guess a second change would be a longer return time window. These changes will bridge the gap between DAS and Genie+ for those who no longer qualify for DAS, but for whom Genie isn’t a great fit (regardless of price). They’d probably need to allow it to be booked in advance again, when the trip is booked as was the case when it debuted.
That's an interesting idea! I wonder how re-rides would impact the LL for the lower tier rides like Magic Carpets, It's a Small World, etc.

I don't think DAS is going to allow people to pre-book rides anymore, so I wonder if that's going away completely or if Genie+ will offer it. If so, then anyone who wants to pre-book will then need to go ahead and purchase Genie+ as well, even if they qualify for DAS. This makes me think the perks of Genie+ will increase a bit, all the "extra" perks of DAS will be decreased a bit, and, as a result, more people will choose to purchase Genie+.

But he doesn’t. It’s just him. And he shouldn’t necessarily “look” for someone else to qualify to keep the group together.
Of course. I said IF someone else in the group *qualifies*, not to make it up. Emphasis on qualifies, either they qualify under the definition/purpose of the program or they do not. Not sure if he knows if the invited friends are neurotypical or if they might need DAS - if so, he as the adult taking them should take responsibility to ensure they are accommodated. If not, then yeah, they will have to split up. But this point might help someone else since I've seen lots of people, it might have been on the other thread related to the DAS changes, giving out incorrect information to people who have said they have more than one DAS guest in their group but will have more than 4 people (like 6-8). They are being told in these forums they are SOL and won't be able to book return times for their entire group. They can't at once, but each DAS guest can book a return for themself and up to 3 connected guests.

Of course. I said IF someone else in the group *qualifies*, not to make it up. Emphasis on qualifies, either they qualify under the definition/purpose of the program or they do not. Not sure if he knows if the invited friends are neurotypical or if they might need DAS - if so, he as the adult taking them should take responsibility to ensure they are accommodated. If not, then yeah, they will have to split up. But this point might help someone else since I've seen lots of people, it might have been on the other thread related to the DAS changes, giving out incorrect information to people who have said they have more than one DAS guest in their group but will have more than 4 people (like 6-8). They are being told in these forums they are SOL and won't be able to book return times for their entire group. They can't at once, but each DAS guest can book a return for themself and up to 3 connected guests.
Gotcha. And appreciate your ETA clarification on your earlier response.

The way I read the response that you were replying to was that the poster qualified for DAS, but not his immediate family members or the 3 friends joining him. But I could have misinterpreted.

If he has DAS and the wife and 3 kids don’t, and the 3 child friends don’t, I wonder if in the new DAS program Disney could still link them all (assuming they are minors?) despite the new guidelines. It would be worth asking.

ETA: just saw above in pp that current rules allow 6 under one DAS, and he has 8. But if they are minors maybe they could still link? Or maybe Disney would recommend a different solution. I am new at this. Which is another reason why the DAS specific discussion should be in the other thread so this thread can stay on topic. Sorry y’all!!

Last edited:

And this Ladies and Gentlemen, is a perfect example of why DAS is getting revised.

:sad2:

Getting back on track......

Hopefully we will learning something new in the coming weeks about G+. I just hope whatever it is, that it is an improvement. I would like to see a hybrid of G+ and FP+. Something where I can book several attractions before my vacation starts. Even if just 7 days before if I pre-purchase G+. I see negatives to that as well, but the way the system is, it stinks for our Disney vacation style.

Would also like it is some attractions can be booked more than once a day. It is becoming a steep price to pay with no guarantees you will get every attraction you want and only be able to do them once after forking over cash.

I do not know how they get there, but I am trying to remain positive.

Whatever it is, I am sure it comes with a price increase. :/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter