Rumors of the 3rd Hotel?

Meemoo

DIS Veteran
I'm keen for details on any rumors about the 3rd hotel that is set to be built for the HK Disneyland Resort. Are there any dates yet as to when It is scheduled to be built and how it may be themed?

Thank you, those plans do look nice :) I would like it if they incorporated DVC into their future hotels at some stage too.

How exciting! Will definitely have to plan another trip to stay there :thumbsup2 (And no travel plans for 2017 yet either :rotfl:).

When I stayed at the Hollywood hotel in March, I could see construction work from the window. Do you guys think it was for the new hotel?

I guess if it was on the side between the two existing hotels it could be the start of construction for the new one. Its great to hear HK Disney is doing so well, I definitely have a soft spot for it :)

I guess if it was on the side between the two existing hotels it could be the start of construction for the new one. Its great to hear HK Disney is doing so well, I definitely have a soft spot for it :)

Me too! Contrary to all the 'it's a half day park', 'it's too small', 'not enough attractions' popular opinions, I'd have to say it's one of my favourites :goodvibes

Me too! Contrary to all the 'it's a half day park', 'it's too small', 'not enough attractions' popular opinions, I'd have to say it's one of my favourites :goodvibes

its a Disneyland, size doesn't matter pixiedust:

we final got a date pencilled and planning of going around 13-24 April next year and plan is 5 days in HK and 5 days at Disney :goodvibes

from HKD FB

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort today broke ground on its third hotel, marking another milestone in the continued development of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort as a world-class travel and entertainment destination. Named Disney Explorers Lodge, the new 750-room hotel is slated to open in early 2017.
Dedicated to the spirit of exploration, Disney Explorers Lodge will invite guests to leave the everyday world behind and enter into a new world full of discovery, nature and exotic cultures. The hotel will feature four distinct gardens based on exotic cultures from around the globe, along with new themed restaurants, a shop and a large outdoor swimming pool.
Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development Gregory So; President and Managing Director, Asia, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Bill Ernest; Financial Secretary John Tsang; and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Managing Director Andrew Kam officiate at the groundbreaking ceremony with Mickey Mouse.

and some more photos

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153015488372148.1073741854.123554897147&type=1

or if you dont have FB have a look here

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/hong-kong-disneyland-update-disney.html

HTH

It looks like it is going to be beautiful. I have my fingers crossed for some DVC rooms. So, a trip to HK is in order for 2017, I hope I can wait that long to go back - the food is calling me already :)

Anyone seen the progress on the new hotel? I'm hoping it might be open next year so I can stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter