Running for my Disney - Now a PTR!

Hmmm... Must have missed that. :rotfl2: Yeah they're pretty cool. My favourite is the Cheshire cat. If you'll wear them again then that makes heaps of sense. I tend to get all excited about this sort of thing, spend heaps of money on tops, then only wear them once :confused3

The Cheshire Cat and Piglet ones are mine - they are my two favourite characters :goodvibes

It's actually the sparkle skirt that I'm more concerned about getting further use out of... I don't generally like to draw attention to myself when I'm running, and I imagine that wearing a hot pink sequined skirt would do that :rotfl: I'll wear it for any other events that I do, but I'm thinking it might get more use as part of my Zumba ensemble. At least I managed to pick two characters with similar colours, so I can get away with the one pink skirt for both :thumbsup2

Hmm... I've got a lot more than waiting to do until the trip starts :lmao: It's coming up so quick! Not even close! Well ok, I guess close. Here's a snippet of my to-do list: * Buy personalised tops/sparkle skirts for running costumes * Book hire car from Anaheim * Book accommodation in Palm Springs * Book bike riding activity in Palm Springs * Book horse riding in San Luis Obispo * Cancel hotel in Camarillo * Book hotel in Long Beach * Schedule and book Disney dining/tours * Book hotel for last night in Anaheim * Cancel KOA in San Antonio * Book hire car from San Antonio * Book airport shuttles in all destinations * Apply for ESTAs * Get international drivers licences (I know this one isn't technically necessary, but Dad is paranoid that our insurance won't pay out if we have a car accident and don't have them)

Lol, for some reason I thought you had most things booked. It looks as though you still have plenty of fun planning ahead.

I kind of wish I had more to book at present. The dollar is crazy high and I'm desperate to make the most of it by booking a few things. I'm now mainly waiting on Disneyland to open up it's restaurants and tours.

Lol, for some reason I thought you had most things booked. It looks as though you still have plenty of fun planning ahead.

I kind of wish I had more to book at present. The dollar is crazy high and I'm desperate to make the most of it by booking a few things. I'm now mainly waiting on Disneyland to open up it's restaurants and tours.

Well, I suppose I've got *most* things booked :thumbsup2

It's got to the stage where I have to wait for more money before I book too much else. But I really must book that Long Beach accommodation, do our ESTAs, and get our PP+. Those things won't cost much.

Our house has decided that now is a great time to start falling apart :worried: In the last week we've discovered that we need to rip up our front/side and re-do all the plumbing, and also that our guest shower still leaks and we will need to renovate the bathroom before my parents visit for Christmas. Great timing house :rolleyes2

In other news, my new dress and shoes arrived! Quick reminder:

They fit and are pretty comfy!

I'll need to get the dress taken up slightly as it currently comes just to that awkward spot just below my knees that makes me look ridiculously short and stumpy :rotfl: The shoes are comfy, but since I'm not used to wearing heels, I'll have to make an effort to wear them a bit every day and get my legs/feet used to it again.

So now that I know my outfit will work, time to accessorise!

Great the outfit fits - looking forward to seeing you all dolled up wearing it! I'm still impressed you plan to teeter around DL in those shoes - I would end up face planting like I did in France and I was in walking shoes then not even heels!

Great the outfit fits - looking forward to seeing you all dolled up wearing it! I'm still impressed you plan to teeter around DL in those shoes - I would end up face planting like I did in France and I was in walking shoes then not even heels!

Well I might end up face planting yet ;) I did pretty well wearing them around the house this morning though. They're actually very comfortable, I just have to get used to wearing any sort of heel again!

That outfit is going to be so super cute :goodvibes If I were you though I'd take some spare thongs or something comfy. No matter how used to them you get, by mid afternoon you're not going to want to take another step - and this is coming from someone who used to stand and walk around all day at work in super high heels. :rotfl:

That outfit is going to be so super cute :goodvibes If I were you though I'd take some spare thongs or something comfy. No matter how used to them you get, by mid afternoon you're not going to want to take another step - and this is coming from someone who used to stand and walk around all day at work in super high heels. :rotfl:

Oh don't worry, I will DEFINITELY be packing a spare pair of flats in my bag :thumbsup2

The September Dapper 'Day' is actually just a night time event (due to the heat apparently). I plan to go in the morning in regular park wear, then take a break mid-afternoon and come back early evening in all my finery. So I'll only have a few hours in the heels rather than all day.

I'll need the flats for the walk back to the hotel if nothing else :rotfl:

Our house has decided that now is a great time to start falling apart :worried: In the last week we've discovered that we need to rip up our front/side and re-do all the plumbing, and also that our guest shower still leaks and we will need to renovate the bathroom before my parents visit for Christmas. Great timing house :rolleyes2

Oh no, bad timing! Not that there is ever a good time for these things to happen.

We're noticing an increasingly large amount of wear and tear in our house and furniture - hence the reason we have decided to take a break from travel next year.

So pleased to hear that the dress and shoes fit. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. :)

Oh no, bad timing! Not that there is ever a good time for these things to happen.

We're noticing an increasingly large amount of wear and tear in our house and furniture - hence the reason we have decided to take a break from travel next year.

So pleased to hear that the dress and shoes fit. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. :)

Luckily our house and travel savings are separate. However, with all this happening at once, we'll probably have to 'borrow' money from somewhere else to cover it. I expect next year will be the year we really knuckle down on the house.

BB reservations made :cool1:

Unfortunately I have to call to make the reservations for LaBrea. Might wait until dining opens up for the rest of the trip in case I need to call for any others.

One more thing crossed off the list...

I found a pretty good deal on Priceline for what I figured out should be the Marriott Suites, so I booked it for my last night. With tax and currency conversion it should work out to about $80. And it did indeed turn out to be the Marriott Suites :thumbsup2 I was looking at about $70 for the Motel 6, so pretty happy with that.

Still no luck finding a good deal for my first two nights. I'll stick with the Motel 6 unless I can find something decent (2 stars with good rating) for the same price or something good (3 stars or more) for not much more.

Just booked Super 8 Long Beach and ordered PP+. My plan is to visit the photo location when I arrive and ask if it can be extended over the 14 days so that it can cover both parts of our trip. Next up, I think I'll get onto our ESTAs.

:thumbsup2 It looks like you're ticking things off quickly and getting some great bargains.

I'm still torn on photopass+. I'm only there 2 days, but even if I only end up with 10 photos I like, it works out cheaper than a professional family photo shoot. Plus the backdrops are better than the ones in studios. Hhmm - decisions.

:thumbsup2 It looks like you're ticking things off quickly and getting some great bargains.

I'm still torn on photopass+. I'm only there 2 days, but even if I only end up with 10 photos I like, it works out cheaper than a professional family photo shoot. Plus the backdrops are better than the ones in studios. Hhmm - decisions.

For me it was a no-brainer because we'll be there for a week (plus some if they'll let me extend it). If you'll be doing most of the rides that have photos, I'd go for it. If you add just 2 or 3 ride photos per day you'll be in front :thumbsup2 I forget what your schedule is now... Are you doing a character breakfast or anything? Because that also adds value. You bring up some good points about it being cheaper than a professional shoot and nicer surroundings. If your not planning to get many ride photos or do a character meal, I'd probably think about how much time you'll be willing to invest in PP photos since you'll only have 2 days there.

You also have to think whether there are going to be lines for the PP photographers. Last time we went I thought I was going to get so many photos taken (and I did) but I passed up a lot of locations simply because I didn't want to line up :confused3

You also have to think whether there are going to be lines for the PP photographers. Last time we went I thought I was going to get so many photos taken (and I did) but I passed up a lot of locations simply because I didn't want to line up :confused3

Thanks Bec and Zanzibar :thumbsup2

I bit the bullet today and just booked my photopass plus. I think I was sick of thinking about it.
I figured that it's not a huge amount of money and I will at least get SOME value out of it. I don't mind a short wait for a photo, but definitely not one more than 10 minutes.

Thanks Bec and Zanzibar :thumbsup2

I bit the bullet today and just booked my photopass plus. I think I was sick of thinking about it.
I figured that it's not a huge amount of money and I will at least get SOME value out of it. I don't mind a short wait for a photo, but definitely not one more than 10 minutes.

That's exactly what I was going to say :thumbsup2 At the end of the day, when you're spending thousands of $$ on a holiday, an extra $70 between all of you isn't very much. Even if you only get a couple of nice family photos/ride photos, it will probably be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter