Runoff Rapids - Blizzard Beach

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/new-bus-routes-for-walt-disney-world-water-parks/
I'm pretty sure that has changed. I know Akl had a direct bus not that long ago and that is also gone.

i checked the disney mom's panel...the answer was pretty recent..
let me see if i can find it..
this seems to be from june
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...ard-beach-says-line-bus-ak-first-need-341774/

however, as far as i can tell, all the resorts require a transfer at DS to get to TL....

i don't understand...they close this park for an extended period every winter..
why don't they resolve the serious ongoing maintenance issues during that very long closure..
clearly they just close it to save money by not having it open rather than actually doing any work to maintain it..

one wonders if this park is going to follow in the footsteps of river country (RIP)...
I am not sure saying money is the issue here. Summer is the busiest time for the water parks. I think they want it open. These water parks aren't exactly new so problems can happen.

river country had nice crowds as well...
we loved that park and went there often..
but disney stopped maintaining it..
the slides were in terrible shape by the end....downright dangerous...

although i believe RC might have had an amoeba problem?.....or maybe alligators?...more than just maintenance, though maintenance was definitely an issue there...

in any case, disney does have an overall QC problem in all of their parks..
they need to hire some serious QC people to get things into shape..
Swimming in fresh water in Florida is a problem. Gators, amoebas in the water, oil from the boats that use the lakes. River Country didn't close because of maintenance.

they've been down for more than half a year and all reports say that no one is even working on them...they just sit there with vines growing all over them...
not a good sign...

and keep in mind they close blizzard beach every winter for an extended period of time, ostensibly for maintenance..
despite the long winter closure, runoff rapids continues to be closed....for many many months....
this is not at all typical...

Do you know for a fact nobody is working on them? Sure its easy to assume that but they could be waiting for a part that needs to be manufactured or something. We just don't know.

Do you know for a fact nobody is working on them? Sure its easy to assume that but they could be waiting for a part that needs to be manufactured or something. We just don't know.

half a year is a very very very long time to be closed for a major corporation...
they have a lot of weight....if it was some part that they're waiting for, disney has buying power that can force a part to be manufactured yesterday...

if whoever is in charge is unable to bring up a system over the course of that many months they should be fired for incompetence...

more likely they figure they can get away with it and still make a lot of money so they're not bothering to fix whatever it is...

as several people have pointed out, the park is packed anyway....
so why should disney spend money.....spending money to fix it will just reduce profits...they're already making money...

the fact that possibly down the road things will go south for them doesn't seem to bother them at this point...

right now they're playing catch up with the major theme parks...

they've apparently hit one out of the park with AK...

they still have a long way to go with DHS and Epcot...

BB is a long way down the list of their priorities...

half a year is a very very very long time to be closed for a major corporation...
they have a lot of weight....if it was some part that they're waiting for, disney has buying power that can force a part to be manufactured yesterday...

if whoever is in charge is unable to bring up a system over the course of that many months they should be fired for incompetence...

more likely they figure they can get away with it and still make a lot of money so they're not bothering to fix whatever it is...

as several people have pointed out, the park is packed anyway....
so why should disney spend money.....spending money to fix it will just reduce profits...they're already making money...

the fact that possibly down the road things will go south for them doesn't seem to bother them at this point...

right now they're playing catch up with the major theme parks...

they've apparently hit one out of the park with AK...

they still have a long way to go with DHS and Epcot...

BB is a long way down the list of their priorities...

My point is you have no evidence that it's closed to save money. I don't have any evidence that it's closed due to pump issues other than what I've heard. We should just leave the guessing out of it because it helps no one.

My point is you have no evidence that it's closed to save money. I don't have any evidence that it's closed due to pump issues other than what I've heard. We should just leave the guessing out of it because it helps no one.

disney could easily end the guessing and rumors by saying what's wrong and what's being done..
they're not, which leads me to believe they've decided not to take on the cost of handling it right now...
especially when the few things i've seen them say have stated that it is closed "indefinitely"...
"indefinitely" is a very long time...
however, the park is packed despite the lack of one of their major attractions ...

disney could easily end the guessing and rumors by saying what's wrong and what's being done..
they're not, which leads me to believe they've decided not to take on the cost of handling it right now...
especially when the few things i've seen them say have stated that it is closed "indefinitely"...
"indefinitely" is a very long time...
however, the park is packed despite the lack of one of their major attractions ...

They don't have to tell us what's wrong. Just like the Yeti in EE. It's broken but they haven't given us a reason. Why would Disney tell us when they don't have to.

They don't have to tell us what's wrong. Just like the Yeti in EE. It's broken but they haven't given us a reason. Why would Disney tell us when they don't have to.

really? you think a broken audioanimatronic inside a functioning roller coaster and a completely non-functioning major attraction in a park that doesn't have that many attractions is the same thing?

I don't know where you are getting that the water parks are closed for a half a year? BB is closed for approx. 7 weeks between Nov 1-Dec 24th. and then TL closes for Approx. 11 weeks from Dec. 24th- Mid March.
RR was a scheduled closure for maintenance from Jan- Mar. Obviously, something happened that set them off schedule. (happens all the time). We don't know that they are not working on it. For all we know, the work is being done in the middle of the night. Disney is huge on not letting the guests see their worker-bees.

I don't know where you are getting that the water parks are closed for a half a year? BB is closed for approx. 7 weeks between Nov 1-Dec 24th. and then TL closes for Approx. 11 weeks from Dec. 24th- Mid March.
RR was a scheduled closure for maintenance from Jan- Mar. Obviously, something happened that set them off schedule. (happens all the time). We don't know that they are not working on it. For all we know, the work is being done in the middle of the night. Disney is huge on not letting the guests see their worker-bees.

based on what you just wrote, runoff rapids has now been closed since november 1.
It's now june 27.
that's 8 months that run off rapids has been closed.

that is a very long time by any calculation.

and continuing into waterpark high season...

people paying for a ticket to get into the park are getting a somewhat less valuable waterpark experience with 3 tube slides non-operational...

and again, i thank the OP for posting this thread as i was unaware that runoff rapids is closed ....it is our favorite attraction at BB....

really? you think a broken audioanimatronic inside a functioning roller coaster and a completely non-functioning major attraction in a park that doesn't have that many attractions is the same thing?

How isn't it? In either case Disney has no responsibility to tell us what is wrong or if they have a plan to fix it.

We were at blizzard beach in late march those slides were down but rest of the park seemed in great shape. We had a blast loved the theming and the summit plumit. Looking forward to trying out typhoon lagoon in October

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter