S/O What's You Least Favorite Ethnic Food?

I don’t think there is any groups of ethnic foods I don’t like across the board. I am not very picky but a few things I am not interested in eating are organ meats and raw meat or seafood. Sushi doesn’t do much for me. I also tend to not like curry very much but it’s not a strong dislike so a little is fine.

I'm a foodie at heart but there are many types of cuisine I haven't had a chance to try. I'm in a household where fish/seafood is a bridge too far. That being said, my least favorite is probably the cuisine with the least amount of cheese. :earboy2:

Can you even buy Durian in the States?
I only saw Durian once during a trip in Vietnam. I thought it smelled fine, like jasmine mixed with something else, but some people had a headache with the scent. I even ate some. Very creamy, the pits were surprisingly large.

Different country buuut...

Durian can only be brought into Canada if it’s frozen. The smell confuses the drug sniffing dogs and can be used to hide drugs.

I'm a generally picky eater, so there are dishes that I don't like. But I can't think of any specific ethnic group of foods where I don't like something.

I only saw Durian once during a trip in Vietnam. I thought it smelled fine, like jasmine mixed with something else, but some people had a headache with the scent. I even ate some. Very creamy, the pits were surprisingly large.

Haven't seen all the posts, but HMart sells it, so I gotta think it's available in a lot of places (I've almost bought it, but decided it's too much effort for no payoff, even if it would be "an experience":))...

Pretty much mexican food. Don't like the spicy, extra spicy, hot pepper taste. And I'm one of those people who think cilantro tastes like soap.

I will typically find a dish from any ethnicity that I will like. I am an adventurous eater though, I will try most everything once.

Probably my least favorite would be Russian. Found it bland.

was it mixed with the smell of feet and armpits? 😂 I know a few other people who don’t think it smells. Omg, it tastes exactly how it smells too and the texture I still have nightmares.

I don't think there is any cuisine I flat out wouldn't try. But there are some aspects of several that are uh no way.

They can keep Haggis, Lutefisk, duck eggs with the embryo still in, chicken feet, and durian. They can keep things that have been affected by the nuclear arms race of hot peppers. Pain is not a flavor. They can keep live cut sashimi as well as dancing squid.

11:55 Imagine that happening on the way down.

Balut triggered my gag reflex and I wasn’t even thinking about trying it. Not in Japan, but I did eat the still wriggling octopus in Korea. 10 out of 10 do not recommend. Also a non zero amount of people due from that every year because of exactly what you mentioned. People basically choke because the sucker catch on the throat and don’t let go.

There aren’t really any sweeping cuisines that I won’t eat ethnicity wise but offal is a no from me. It’s part mental, part fear of proper cleaning, part texture. Also, anything that is on the more gelatinous side of things is usually a pass.

Lutefisk. It's vile. My grandmother used to make it. It smells wretched. Stinks up the whole house. Then she'd boil it. It came out like this gelatinous fish blob that would wiggle like jello and had the texture of firm jello, but definitely didn't taste like jello. We were lucky if she'd put salt on it.

If I never have to eat that stuff again, I'll be a lucky person.

Of local offerings, probably Caribbean. Or it could be I just don't like that restaurant's version of it.

Indian food. I cannot even handle the smell of it. I hate curry powder, turmeric, coriander, cardamom, and cinnamon (in savory dishes).

Indian food. I cannot even handle the smell of it. I hate curry powder, turmeric, coriander, cardamom, and cinnamon (in savory dishes).
I had chicken saag with garlic naan for breakfast this morning. lol

When my next door neighbors moved in, I said, "I love that you're moving in... you can teach me how to make better Indian food." The Mrs. said, "I can do that. Will you teach me to make chicken soup and macaroni and cheese." It was the start of a wonderful relationship. We pass food back and forth all the time. I'm sorry that you don't like it.

I cannot think of a cuisine that I wouldn't eat/try. When I read the title of the thread, the only thing I could think of is my Mom's cabbage soup. I don't know if it's from her Russian or Polish side. It's basically chopped, boiled cabbage with salt and pepper. The house smells like a fart when it's cooking. It's just not appealing. She serves it over mashed potatoes. It tastes as good as it smells. It's the only thing I would go to bed hungry for when she made it. I couldn't get it past my lips. It was definitely a battle of wills. Luckily, she didn't make it often.

Chinese. Which is unfortunate, because, for the others in my house, it is their favorite. I used to love it, as a kid, and it was a special treat for me. But, blah.

German. I’m vegetarian and Germans love their meat.

I am a vegetarian, too, and German is one of my faves, ha! I make do with all the veg side dishes. But, yeah, going back to my fave German places after I stopped eating meat again was a bit sad :( I do miss schnitzel, rouladen, and goulasch.

Probably Indian - I've had some good Indian dishes, but generally speaking, I'm not a big fan of the taste of curry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter